Pigtronix Infinity Looper - anyone try it yet?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Tone Doctor

View Post

Pigtronix Infinity Looper pedal is officially released and ships today.

A few notes about why this pedal blows away the competition, is totally awesome and completely worth the price:

- 24bit / 48khz HD recording - This WAY better fidelity than Jamman, Roland RC series, EHX 2880 and Boomerang!

- near ZERO latency so it does not require quantization of loop length

- 2 loop channels, both stereo.

- discreet analog limiters / 100% analog pass-through

- massive headroom accepts line level with no attenuation / tone suck

- loops can actually get LOUDER than the original signal if desired

- USB upload of digital audio in ANY format

- USB offload of loops at full resolution

- INSTANT undo / redo removes only the LAST overdub

- Sync loops with length multiple factors

- Series or Parallel looping

- MIDI sync works PERFECTLY

- approx. 2 hours total recording time with 8GB memory card

- made in USA

Interesting.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So has anyone tried it yet?

I'm keen for this because it's stereo, has two tracks, has MIDI sync, and looks really easy to arrange songs with on the fly. Mostly I want to know if the MIDI sync is perfect like they claim, because that is what a lot of other loopers seem to have problems with.

[Edit: I wonder can it sync to an unusual time signature?]

• Members

So has anyone tried it yet?

I'm keen for this because it's stereo, has two tracks, has MIDI sync, and looks really easy to arrange songs with on the fly. Mostly I want to know if the MIDI sync is perfect like they claim, because that is what a lot of other loopers seem to have problems with.

[Edit: I wonder can it sync to an unusual time signature?]

• Members

View Post

A few notes about why this pedal blows away the competition, is totally awesome and completely worth the price:

No it does not blow away the Boomerang, yours is only better at being able to record. For everything else, specially at the same price point, I'd use a Boomerang III

• Members

View Post

No it does not blow away the Boomerang, yours is only better at being able to record. For everything else, specially at the same price point, I'd use a Boomerang III

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by triviani

View Post

Hmmm, lets see...

Rock Solid MIDI sync.

Analog pass through.

Less than 1/2 the size.

2 hours loop storage.

Multi Sync.

USB upload.

Near ZERO latency.

24bit / 48KhZ audio.

Auto Fade.

What we did leave out is REVERSE, HALF SPEED and FEEDBACK control. Look for those features in a firmware update.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by triviani

View Post

Hmmm, lets see...

Rock Solid MIDI sync.

Analog pass through.

Less than 1/2 the size.

2 hours loop storage.

Multi Sync.

USB upload.

Near ZERO latency.

24bit / 48KhZ audio.

Auto Fade.

What we did leave out is REVERSE, HALF SPEED and FEEDBACK control. Look for those features in a firmware update.

• Members

View Post

how would such features be added through just firmware? would there be a second controller to go along with it for this? i don't see how these could be implemented with just the controls it currently has, other than hitting 2 buttons at the same time or something, which would just be frustrating.

this would go great with my echolution thumb.gif however the price point is a little too high for me too, and overall maybe be a bit overkill for my needs, but i can see how this could be useful to more serious musicians with its high fi recording capabilities

• Members

View Post

how would such features be added through just firmware? would there be a second controller to go along with it for this? i don't see how these could be implemented with just the controls it currently has, other than hitting 2 buttons at the same time or something, which would just be frustrating.

this would go great with my echolution thumb.gif however the price point is a little too high for me too, and overall maybe be a bit overkill for my needs, but i can see how this could be useful to more serious musicians with its high fi recording capabilities

• Members

^ i got a rc-20xl too. still seems wayyyy too much to drop on a looper. boomerang is pretty overpriced too imo. either should cost ~$250 new imo, that's what i'd be willing to buy one for. yes yes i know made in USA and lots of expenses attached blah.gif but thats what it would be worth to me.

• Members

^ i got a rc-20xl too. still seems wayyyy too much to drop on a looper. boomerang is pretty overpriced too imo. either should cost ~$250 new imo, that's what i'd be willing to buy one for. yes yes i know made in USA and lots of expenses attached blah.gif but thats what it would be worth to me.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by macadood

View Post

The UNDO switch jack actually accommodates a two button remote using a TRS connector, so the second button would be assignable to different functions, similar to the BONUS button on the 'rang or the INSERT button on the Echolplex Digital pro.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by macadood

View Post

The UNDO switch jack actually accommodates a two button remote using a TRS connector, so the second button would be assignable to different functions, similar to the BONUS button on the 'rang or the INSERT button on the Echolplex Digital pro.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Hello everyone. As promised, the first of the requested additional features for the Pigtronix Infinity Looper has arrived:

Variable Feedback Decay

We call variable feedback decay "Loop Aging." Here is how the feature works on the Infinity Looper:

Press and hold INPUT SPLIT for 2 seconds to enter the Loop Aging Menu.

The digit will flash between "A" and "-" indicating that Loop Aging is currently turned off.

Turn the rotary encoder to select the desired Loop Aging value.

1-9 = variable feedback decay. lower number causes loop to decay faster

0 = no feedback, loop is gone after 1 playback cycle (aka loop replace)

P = expression Pedal control of feedback value

- = loop aging is turned off

Press down on the encoder (or push INPUT SPLIT again) to finalize the value you want and exit the Loop Aging menu.

Notes:

Like everything else on the Infinity, Loop Aging happens in real time, so you can turn loop aging on and off (or adjust it with expression pedal) as much as you want throughout the course of a single loop cycle.

You can enter the Loop Aging menu at any time, even during playback.

Loop Aging settings will be saved when you save your preset.

Feedback decay only takes place when you are in a OVERDUB state. When you are in normal playback, the loop does not decay.

UNDO works as expected, allowing you to UNDO/REDO any loop aging that you let happen during an overdub, no matter how many times you let the loop cycle.

When using expression pedal feedback control, toe = "-" (no feedback decay) and the numbers go down from 9 to 0 as you move towards the heel.

You can use a simple momentary switch (connected via TRS) in place of an expression pedal to get an instant "Loop Replace" function out of the "P" mode since hitting the switch is like going to "0."

To install Variable Feedback Decay, run the firmware update function from the Infinity Looper Application or grab it from here:

http://pigtronix.com/SPLfirmware/

Obviously we welcome customer feedback, so comment here or PM me anytime.

• Members

Hello everyone. As promised, the first of the requested additional features for the Pigtronix Infinity Looper has arrived:

Variable Feedback Decay

We call variable feedback decay "Loop Aging." Here is how the feature works on the Infinity Looper:

Press and hold INPUT SPLIT for 2 seconds to enter the Loop Aging Menu.

The digit will flash between "A" and "-" indicating that Loop Aging is currently turned off.

Turn the rotary encoder to select the desired Loop Aging value.

1-9 = variable feedback decay. lower number causes loop to decay faster

0 = no feedback, loop is gone after 1 playback cycle (aka loop replace)

P = expression Pedal control of feedback value

- = loop aging is turned off

Press down on the encoder (or push INPUT SPLIT again) to finalize the value you want and exit the Loop Aging menu.

Notes:

Like everything else on the Infinity, Loop Aging happens in real time, so you can turn loop aging on and off (or adjust it with expression pedal) as much as you want throughout the course of a single loop cycle.

You can enter the Loop Aging menu at any time, even during playback.

Loop Aging settings will be saved when you save your preset.

Feedback decay only takes place when you are in a OVERDUB state. When you are in normal playback, the loop does not decay.

UNDO works as expected, allowing you to UNDO/REDO any loop aging that you let happen during an overdub, no matter how many times you let the loop cycle.

When using expression pedal feedback control, toe = "-" (no feedback decay) and the numbers go down from 9 to 0 as you move towards the heel.

You can use a simple momentary switch (connected via TRS) in place of an expression pedal to get an instant "Loop Replace" function out of the "P" mode since hitting the switch is like going to "0."

To install Variable Feedback Decay, run the firmware update function from the Infinity Looper Application or grab it from here:

http://pigtronix.com/SPLfirmware/

Obviously we welcome customer feedback, so comment here or PM me anytime.

• Members

View Post

Variable Feedback Decay

Things just got interesting...

Archived