Really! The Official Vintage Revolution PedalPro Thread.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by RogerAxetrample View Post
Why is your opinion truly independent and others are not?
This has more to do with the limited amount of units. I hope you understand.
Do you do youtube demos?
R
I offered to pay for postage to my place and back to yours. In essence, that's no different to me buying one, testing it for two weeks, and then returning it under the 30 day money back guarantee as proclaimed on your website. I very much doubt any of your endorsers would pay for that. I don't know you, I'm not from the Netherlands, and I have no connection to your company at all beyond damning your spamming methods. Those criteria make me decidedly independent.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by HeartfeltDawn View Post
I offered to pay for postage to my place and back to yours. In essence, that's no different to me buying one, testing it for two weeks, and then returning it under the 30 day money back guarantee as proclaimed on your website. I very much doubt any of your endorsers would pay for that. I don't know you, I'm not from the Netherlands, and I have no connection to your company at all beyond damning your spamming methods. Those criteria make me decidedly independent.
Ok, i see, but would you plan to do some kind of demo video with it?

Oh yeah, my apologies for spamming the forum.
R

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post
I'm the associate editor here at HC, and we do gear reviews all the time. I'm sure myself, Jon Chappell or Craig Anderton would be happy to check it out and write a fair, impartial and objective review. wave.gif
Hi Phil,

that reminds me: did the press release come through to you and the other editors in may this year?
I'll ask my collegues if they're planning to send HC a unit for review.
best,
Rogier

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by RogerAxetrample View Post
Ok, i see, but would you plan to do some kind of demo video with it?

Oh yeah, my apologies for spamming the forum.
R
If my schedule allowed it then yes I'd make one. At the very least you'd get a decent writeup of the unit. I am not an anti-digital person, given my love of the Boss GT-3, Zoom G3, and old rack units, can't stand Line 6 sounds, and have a mixture of old analogue pedals and newer stuff like the Tim on the board. {censored}, I even like solid state amps!

So it's all down to you really. If you want to give me a rough idea of how much it would cost to get the unit to me (and not via my Nigerian friend biggrin.gif) with a rough size and weight, then I'll know how much to return it and I can figure out when I'll have a good gap in my {censored}ty chef working schedule to really give the unit a good going over.

• Members
If my schedule allowed it then yes I'd make one. At the very least you'd get a decent writeup of the unit. I am not an anti-digital person, given my love of the Boss GT-3, Zoom G3, and old rack units, can't stand Line 6 sounds, and have a mixture of old analogue pedals and newer stuff like the Tim on the board. {censored}, I even like solid state amps!

So it's all down to you really. If you want to give me a rough idea of how much it would cost to get the unit to me (and not via my Nigerian friend biggrin.gif) with a rough size and weight, then I'll know how much to return it and I can figure out when I'll have a good gap in my {censored}ty chef working schedule to really give the unit a good going over.
Hey Heartfeltdawn,
ok i'll discuss this and will get back to you!
thanks,
Roger

• Members
I'm the associate editor here at HC, and we do gear reviews all the time. I'm sure myself, Jon Chappell or Craig Anderton would be happy to check it out and write a fair, impartial and objective review. wave.gif
Hey again Heartfeltdawn and Phil,

i'll get back to you ASAP about possibly sending units, it may take a bit because of summer holidays...
ciao,
Roger

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Hey, just a short update, from the VR site:
''Upcoming - New features for the PedalPro System [05.10.2012]

We are pleased to announce a number of new features for the PedalPro System. These will be available on this website as software updates.

Tap Tempo

We're introducing a versatile Tap Tempo function for the PedalPro and Pedalino. The tapped tempo will not only control PedalPro's analogue delay, but also the other time-based effects. The Tap Tempo function can be included and saved as part of each preset, while the Master Tap Tempo feature instantly synchronises all effects that have Tap Tempo enabled. Common tempo subdivisions will also be implemented.

Virtual Board

With the new Virtual Board feature you'll be able to tranform the Pedalino footcontroller into a regular pedalboard-type setup, so that individual effects, or combinations of effects within a preset can be switched on or off by foot. This feature gives you complete control of your effects set-up when playing live.

MIDI-in

In addition to our own ADES protocol, which enables communication between the PedalPro and the Pedalino, we'll be adding MIDI-in functionality to the PedalPro. A lot of users have requested this. The analogue effects of the PedalPro will be controllable using MIDI-footcontrollers or MIDI-out equipped devices. The existing ADES port at the front of the PedalPro will double as MIDI-in port.''

Thanks, take care,

Roger

• Members
Hey again Phil,

sorry for taking so long.
A quick update: we've been busy getting ideas from our new users on what features to implement next.
Since all effects are analog, but everything regarding control is done digitally it's possible to offer a lot of new features through software updates. In addition to those (tap tempo, virtual pedalboard and MIDI-in), we're offering a small hardware modification that makes it possible to use the PedalPro with an overdriven amp using the '4-cable method'.
We prefer to send you a unit for review, when the new features have been developed, tested and implemented. If you're still interested, that is smile.gif
Take care! I'll keep you posted.
Roger

• 4 months later...

Archived