I've got a whole bunch of them and I'll post them here in chronological order:

1988-1992

Boss DS-2 (with level knob missing)

image1622vw.jpg

Boss CE-1

image1638cg.jpg

Ibanez WH-10, Boss DS-2 and Boss CE-1

image1646xb.jpg

as you can see, JF used chorus then wah then distortion (at least thats what the pictures say)

1999-2000

With the Boss FZ-3

FrusciantePedalBoardCalifornicat-2.jpg

2000-early 2001

With the Sovtek Big Muff Pi

FrusciantePedalboardCalifornicat-1.jpg

FrusciantePedalboardCalifornication.jpg

late 2001

Unfortunately I don't have a picture of this but he simply replaced the Sovtek with a USA reissue.

2003 (Live at Slane Castle)

As you can see, his board has grown tremendously. He has three (3!!) DS-2s, 2 FM-4s, 2 Big Muffs and 2 WH-10s. He also has a Fuzz Factory and '63 Fender Reverb Tank. And behind his knee is the Boss PSM-5.

fruspedalsatslane8cv.jpg

JFArticlePage2.jpg

• Members

2003-2004

His boards remain fairly consistent for the Greatest Hits tour as it was during the By The Way tour

Their first appearance in over 2 years was at the AOL Sessions performing the then new songs Dani California, Tell Me Baby. He organized his board, getting rid of the multiple DS-2s, Muffs, FM-4s and WH-10s also the Reverb Tank. He then included Moogs (Analog Delay, Murf, Bass Murf, Low Pass Filter with corresponding expression and control processors).

From the AOL Session (Note the POG)

JohnStadiumArcadiumBoard.jpg

From the French show Taratata (No POG, replaced with Mosrite Fuzzrite)

FrusciantePedalBoardonTaratata.jpg

Clearer view of that board

CurrentBoard.jpg

There was a time he used what looks like a Boss DM-2

660542308_62abc437de.jpg

He also replaced the Muff with a Foxx Fuzz Wah

CalgaryPedalboard.jpg

Finally, his last known board at the end of the Stadium-Arcadium tour

japan2_pedal_right.jpg

japan2_pedal_left.jpg

And amp settings

Jubilee 1

amp1.jpg

Major

amp2.jpg

Jubilee 2 (White Falcon)

amp3.jpg

Thanks to Dave Rat for a lot of these pictures

• Members

i would say thats tone sucking to the extreme. i bet if he posted a video with him using lets say no more then 6 pedals or so, he probably wouldn't have as big of a fan base. a chain that long for one would cover up alot of mistakes. I see no need to use something that big.

'88-'91 - He uses 4 pedals. - Mother's Milk/Blood Sugar Sex Magik Era

'98-'01 - He uses 5 pedals. - Californication

Not a big fanbase?

• Members

i would say thats tone sucking to the extreme. i bet if he posted a video with him using lets say no more then 6 pedals or so, he probably wouldn't have as big of a fan base. a chain that long for one would cover up alot of mistakes. I see no need to use something that big.

holy {censored}. i would say thats a prime example of how to talk out of your ass.

• Members

dude chill out !
:cool:

alright, alright. you got it.

im sorry for being brash, guitargod.

obviously Frusciante can get by with all those buffers in his chain. he rocks live, no doubt about it, no matter how many pedals he has inbetween him and his amp.

• Members

alright, alright. you got it.

im sorry for being brash, guitargod.

obviously Frusciante can get by with all those buffers in his chain. he rocks live, no doubt about it, no matter how many pedals he has inbetween him and his amp.

actually im big fans of john frusciante, i saw them last year in tokyo , it was the best show i saw in my whole life,

but the dissapointed part is , i couldnt hear anything from those moog pedals, which im pretty sure he brought all of those moog pedal in their stadium arcadium tour, all i heard was hi ehx english muff`n, chorus CE-1, ibanez wah only, which is kinda strange, i was like " what a waste", they played like 15 songs, but still john is my no 1 fav guitar !

• Members

actually im big fans of john frusciante, i saw them last year in tokyo , it was the best show i saw in my whole life,

but the dissapointed part is , i couldnt hear anything from those moog pedals, which im pretty sure he brought all of those moog pedal in their stadium arcadium tour, all i heard was hi ehx english muff`n, chorus CE-1, ibanez wah only, which is kinda strange, i was like " what a waste", they played like 15 songs, but still john is my no 1 fav guitar !

sorry i meant two years ago !

• Members

i'm not saying either way. but lets say if he
can't
play a pedal board that big can disguise his true playing ability. If he
can
play a board that big can disguise his true playing abililty. Either way i say its a tone sucker. Might as well be running it into a line 6 spider half stack.

You are more ridiculous than his board. He should lay you down and plug into you.

Archived