The Doom Room: HCFX Edition

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by t-rey

View Post

IMG_1532.jpg

Boom. Got my Ampeg GVT15 today. I am super happy with that decision. Sounds really, really good and the 'half' power switch actually lets me crank the {censored} out of it at home volumes. The reverb is surprisingly good as well - sounds alot like my Ghost Echo. Takes fuzz (all pedals really) like a champ. I am incredibly glad that I didn't end up selling my Pharaoh, because it crushes and destroys with this amp.

Spent a substantial amount of time this afternoon playing fuzz into Ampeg and boosting the Blackstar. So good. Such heavies.

Gonna quickly reply to this while the forum is briefly functional... AWESOME! Congrats, mate.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by DunwichAmps

View Post

in okay condition thats not a bad price. If it was drop dead awesome and well maintained id pay up to 700-800 but only if it was dead mint

Thanks a lot biggrin.gif it's not for me, it's for a friend of mine.

• Members

View Post

IMG_1532.jpg

Boom. Got my Ampeg GVT15 today. I am super happy with that decision. Sounds really, really good and the 'half' power switch actually lets me crank the {censored} out of it at home volumes. The reverb is surprisingly good as well - sounds alot like my Ghost Echo. Takes fuzz (all pedals really) like a champ. I am incredibly glad that I didn't end up selling my Pharaoh, because it crushes and destroys with this amp.

Spent a substantial amount of time this afternoon playing fuzz into Ampeg and boosting the Blackstar. So good. Such heavies.

cool set up man. I was actually thinking of getting the 5w version combo...but they are hard to find in the UK.

• Members

As always it's looking pretty good in here fellas, nice guitars, sweet amps, and awesome basses. Just finished getting situated with family stuff and found a place to move, which is literally next door AND, getting ready to get my Dunwich finished!

On to the real news, my buddy in Nails called me to get my email and send over the new record they that they just finished mastering:

fuck-yes-spiderman-4Q8hYg.jpg

IT {censored}ING RULES, all 17 minutes of it. They're playing in the Bay Area in at the end of the month the day before INFESTplays at the Gilman up there, it's gonna be a {censored}ing nuts weekend.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by live-I-evil

View Post

As always it's looking pretty good in here fellas, nice guitars, sweet amps, and awesome basses. Just finished getting situated with family stuff and found a place to move, which is literally next door AND, getting ready to get my Dunwich finished!

On to the real news, my buddy in Nails called me to get my email and send over the new record they that they just finished mastering:

IT {censored}ING RULES, all 17 minutes of it. They're playing in the Bay Area in at the end of the month the day before INFESTplays at the Gilman up there, it's gonna be a {censored}ing nuts weekend.

Jelly.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by live-I-evil

View Post

YES! Can't wait to hear this.

Also, played two shows with Galaxicon this weekend. Felt good, man. Since I flew, I borrowed gear for the shows. Figured y'all would like this:

Gibson Explorer -> Sovtek Green Muff -> mid 70s JMP -> Emperor 4x12. It was weird to only play one amp, but man it sounded awesome. Serious JMP gas now.

Video will be up soon, way excited.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish

View Post

Gonna quickly reply to this while the forum is briefly functional... AWESOME! Congrats, mate.

Thanks! I get such a {censored} eating grin every time I kick on both amps

Quote Originally Posted by conky

View Post

Trey that rig looks sweet!

High praise from someone with your rig thumb.gif

Quote Originally Posted by BoomB

View Post

THAT Ampeg \m/

Yep. Look forward to me recommending these at every opportunity for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by samzadgan

View Post

cool set up man. I was actually thinking of getting the 5w version combo...but they are hard to find in the UK.

I looked at the 5w, but the additional features (and increased headroom) pushed me toward the 15. I would try the 15 - I bet you could even use one in an apartment without much problem.

Quote Originally Posted by christianatl

View Post

This is probably a solid idea in case hcfx really {censored}s the bed.

http://www.facebook.com/trey.willis

Quote Originally Posted by christianatl

View Post

Also:

whores_poster_web_zpsb1c00fe6.jpg

Gonna say it every time I see the poster.

1/27 love.gif

• Members

I got this plus a Mastery Bridge incoming...

kkTKa.jpg

It's a Custom Shop I've been trying to get on trade awhile now. Got a super sweet deal today and jumped on it. Looks insane with that maple neck and matching white headstock, maybe even offensive to some but I LOVE it! :drool:

It supposedly has a "light relic" finish too but I can't tell and that's a good thing. Maybe it's referring to the neck as the finish is worn off the back, all smooth and such.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Manback1

View Post

Dude that "mini" rig is just epic. I kinda want the 50 watt GVT but they're {censored}ing pricey.

Actually there's a V2 on GC that I want but I'm wary of selling my current amp to fund it.

I would probably rock the 50 watter exclusively if it was a head and not a combo.

View Post

IMG_1532.jpg

Your rig gives me a tingle tangle in my dingle dangle.

• Members

i couldn't log in to my old account. this forum looks like **bleep** and is annoying to use. and really annoying and unpleasant to look at. i've been posting a little over ILF. the doom room thread is way to active and moves too fast. everyone from here is posting liek gangbusters plus a bunch of the members they already had. it's impossible to keep up with and really hard to have any follow up on exchanges there unless you're just sitting there watching it all day every day. that being said, i like the forum in general better and it's an overall pretty pleasant experience. i post in their doom room and read it some, but i'm not really keeping up with it. 

i'll keep checking in here a bit for now, but not sure i'll stick around. 

• Members

Yeah man that **bleep** FAST! But its all good.  I think people are just excited to have a place that works.  The ILF'rs are kinda feelin us out but have been very cool.  I posted earlier there about wanting to put together a subkick mic and in a matter of minutes had sound advice and free materials on the way.  I now have everything minus the mounting hardware on hand and ready to go.  Very cool.

• Members

i am trying to quote human certainty, but i'm not sure if it's working. anyway, what i'm saying is that you should register at ILF. at this point, the doom room is the same and the rest of the forum is better. compared to old hcfx. this new hcfx is just {censored}ing atrocious. since i have been lurking and posting over there, it's hard to imagine being frequent over here. i just wish the last few people that i give a {censored} about would get over there, such as: humancertainty, chucknorrisnumbers, poltergeist, the riffer, christianatl, and a few others. just try it, you'll like it. don't worry.

that was what i tried to post and weird {censored} happened and i can't quote anyone or anything. {censored} this {censored}.

Archived