The Doom Room: HCFX Edition

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient

View Post

Yikes eek.gif if you can live without the cab for a bit then I'd say go for the recone, if you can't your stuck buying a new one. That's a bummer dude.

I'll be without either way because it's gonna be awhile before I'll have extra cash to spend on gear. cry.gif

Quote Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish

View Post

I know how that feels. I had a Hiwatt on lend from a friend and I just ended up playing my Fryette, because, IMO, it's a better amp and sounds more in line with what I play. I sometimes worry that's going to be the case with the Dunwich. And that's why I'm aiming for the most amount of versatility and practicalities possible, so that the chances of not playing it enough goes down greatly. thumb.gif

You'll regret it. You've been saying you regretting selling your previous ones in the past for over a year now. Then you got two in one go. icon_lol.gif

Yeah, I definitely lucked up with getting two of them less than 36 hours apart. I would love to keep the MK120 but as long as I have the 2204 and Soldano, the Redbear will always be 3rd in line. I just found out that the holter monitor I had to wear the other day is going to be a $573 charge. That is just one part of the total charge that I'll have coming in from my visit to the ER and primary physician follow up appointment. I imagine it'll end up being somewhere close to $1,800 total. {censored}ing sucks but it'll work its way out in the end I suppose. It always does.

Quote Originally Posted by t-rey

View Post

That sucks.

Yup. :sad:

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

View Post

NGD!!!!!! Totally_jammin_out.gif

8355837366_93475fe753_c.jpg

Decided to take the Orange up to the local mega used gear shop and see what I could score for it. Found this bad boy on the shelf and picked it up with a hardcase as part of the deal. I know Dan (AGF) was working on a trade deal for one of these, DO IT!!!! This thing is freaking sweet; I absolutely love the neck, the WRHB is pretty sweet and the balance / fit n finish are wonderful. The only issue so far is the pickups are mismatched, the WRHB is way hotter then the bridge pickup, and it could use compensated saddles for intonation but so far its setup pretty good. I also got a modded out MIM p-bass as part of the deal (SD 1/4lb's, badass 2 bridge, hipshot d-tuner), all in all a damn good weekend. smile.gif

Hot nasty, sir. Hot nasty indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by DunwichAmps

View Post

solid haul today

74361_10151627698514552_2046585890_n.jpg

Beelzefuzz are super super super nice guys and they bring the noise AND the funk live. Love that band.

View Post

I know! I think its time to get my red fang on. Totally_jammin_out.gif

Oh and here's the P-Bass I also got:

8357739239_87b4902410_c.jpg

?99? MIM P

SD Quarter Pounders

Badass II bridge

Hipshot D tuner

.65-.150 strings in BEAD (or AEAD) tuning.

The P-bass is the most bad ass and versatile bass for rock music ever created IMHO. Very well done.

• Members

conky, I hear ya, man.

Does anyone else find that—and this is not meant to insult—bass guitars in a traditional guitar shape don't look right? I dunno, but I can't get into bass guitar with a Les Paul body. When I think of bass shapes I think of Fender, Rickenbacker, Framus, etc. I understand that it's what I've grown up with and become accustomed to—and subsequently hated everything else—but I definitely think that the Les Paul looks infinitely better with a six-string electric guitar neck over a bass. I prefer bass guitars with huge horns and definitely in a double cutaway format.

• Members

View Post

conky, I hear ya, man.

Does anyone else find that—and this is not meant to insult—bass guitars in a traditional guitar shape don't look right? I dunno, but I can't get into bass guitar with a Les Paul body. When I think of bass shapes I think of Fender, Rickenbacker, Framus, etc. I understand that it's what I've grown up with and become accustomed to—and subsequently hated everything else—but I definitely think that the Les Paul looks infinitely better with a six-string electric guitar neck over a bass. I prefer bass guitars with huge horns and definitely in a double cutaway format.

I think les paul basses look really weird but I think like..thunderbirds are one of the most awesome basses ever..so it's hit and miss. Also telecaster basses are bad ass, too.

• Members

View Post

conky, I hear ya, man.

Thanks man. I'm the same way... when I think of a bass guitar, I think of a P bass.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Van_Muddlestein

View Post

The P-bass is the most bad ass and versatile bass for rock music ever created IMHO. Very well done.

Thanks you! and thank you! I wouldn't call it the most versatile, it really is more of a one trick pony, but its trick is the only one that matters.

View Post

Oh no i definitely agree, it also seems that most guitars turned basses have bodies that are way too small, they seem disproportionate and awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by conky

View Post

Thanks man. I'm the same way... when I think of a bass guitar, I think of a P bass.

As do I, its the most basic and most gutteral bass and usually the first one that pops into anyones mind when they think of a bass. Usually followed by a J-Bass and then a 4001.

• Members

View Post

Thanks you! and thank you! I wouldn't call it the most versatile, it really is more of a one trick pony, but its trick is the only one that matters.

View Post

Oh no i definitely agree, it also seems that most guitars turned basses have bodies that are way too small, they seem disproportionate and awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by conky

View Post

As do I, its the most basic and most gutteral bass and usually the first one that pops into anyones mind when they think of a bass. Usually followed by a J-Bass and then a 4001.

• Members

View Post

I think les paul basses look really weird but I think like..thunderbirds are one of the most awesome basses ever..so it's hit and miss. Also telecaster basses are bad ass, too.

Thunderbird bases are cool, but I'm not personally a fan of Telecaster basses.

View Post

Ric 4001

How about a six-string electric 4001?

baron_green_web_01.jpg

• Members

View Post

Thunderbird bases are cool, but I'm not personally a fan of Telecaster basses.

View Post

Ric 4001

How about a six-string electric 4001?

baron_green_web_01.jpg

• Members

I can't play bass very well. I've tried it a few times, but I just end up playing it like a guitar, which never really works (and that's another reason why I dislike bass guitars with an electric guitar body, because it's too much of the same thing, and not unique from each other and separate). I always preferred the way bass guitars sounded, but I never felt at home with one when playing.

• Members

I can't play bass very well. I've tried it a few times, but I just end up playing it like a guitar, which never really works (and that's another reason why I dislike bass guitars with an electric guitar body, because it's too much of the same thing, and not unique from each other and separate). I always preferred the way bass guitars sounded, but I never felt at home with one when playing.

• Members

View Post

This is good news. I can always file down the screws if necessary, or there might be a place that sells the same screws but smaller in height. Mine could be OK, anyway. I found bridges varied from guitar to guitar in the Fender world.

I replaced the bent steel saddles on my old Tele Deluxe with some Callaham parts and they came with a variety of saddle screw heights. They sell the screws separately as well, definitely a useful upgrade in terms of playing comfort.

http://www.callahamguitars.com/partstel.htm

Hobby shops (models, RC cars, etc..) in the States are known to stock the same kinda tiny screws.

• Members

View Post

This is good news. I can always file down the screws if necessary, or there might be a place that sells the same screws but smaller in height. Mine could be OK, anyway. I found bridges varied from guitar to guitar in the Fender world.

I replaced the bent steel saddles on my old Tele Deluxe with some Callaham parts and they came with a variety of saddle screw heights. They sell the screws separately as well, definitely a useful upgrade in terms of playing comfort.

Hobby shops (models, RC cars, etc..) in the States are known to stock the same kinda tiny screws.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Schnikes

View Post

$120 would be annoying to drop on something boring and functional like a bridge, but it might be worth it. We'll see. Thanks for the link.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Schnikes

View Post

$120 would be annoying to drop on something boring and functional like a bridge, but it might be worth it. We'll see. Thanks for the link.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by The Riffer

View Post

Hey {censored}os.

Thought I'd share this with all a yinz.

My new band "Myth". Been together about 2 months, still writing and learning how to play together, it's coming along slowly, as we are all pretty busy people..and you all know how hard that can be..But this is a rehearsal take on a handheld recorder, not great but will give you an idea of what we do and what I've been doing with my chubby dickbeaters, besides building pedals, holding bottles and doobs.

http://myth2.bandcamp.com/track/straving-for-sleep-demo

wave.gif

Awesome. That's like a whole gig in one song. Sounds good and I like all the tempo change ups.

Archived