The Ultimate Monsterpiece Appreciation Thread!

HMCMedic

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
For bass guitar I would recommend the Monsterpiece NPN... works great with bass as is. I don't add any tone controls because it kills the basic sound of the pedals in my opinion. I can always make one that has a greater/heavier bass response than it normally would, as well.

cool! , ok, would it be possible to have a mini toggle switch, changing the cap values from fully bass voiced to the usual voicing of the npn ? :idea:

When i mean fully bass voiced im thinking of slightly heavier bass response than the Fulltone Bassdrive. :rawk:

cheers

• Members

Here are a couple of tracks that prominently feature the Angry Dick 2000:

Thanks for this!! Anyone have clips of the MKII, or PNP?

Btw, i have the old classic fuzz without the bias knob. What does it do?

• Members
Thanks for this!! Anyone have clips of the MKII, or PNP?

Btw, i have the old classic fuzz without the bias knob. What does it do?

to be honest I have no idea what it does in theory!

but what it seems to do (with my set up anyway) is kind of tighten the sound, less bias seems to make it 'looser' with more sustain and more after crackle, more bias kind of tightens the sound and you sort of get less after crackle....but it's still as fuzzy when you hit hard.

.....sorry it's hard to explain!! :freak:

Can you explain what it's actually doing Richard? please!! ;)

• Members
nice Melx!

any reason you put the MP after the small stone?
:idk:

I always have put the small stone before any kind of drive/fuzz, when I bought it I put it after and didn't like it much...I just prefer the sound that way round...it's less whoooshy and more of a {censored}ed up wah kinda sound with it before....the fuzz seems to partly destroy the phase cycle, so you get this really grungy breaking up phase sound and your guitar still cuts though. It sounds totally different, less dramatic than putting it after, but I prefer it. :)

• Members

Well I had to do it.

All these pictures and great sounding clips really sold me.

Just ordered a MKII, dark red, blue led, input on the right, output on the left and power jack on top.

Can't wait to try it out.

Eric

(first post by the way.....)

• Members
Well I had to do it.

Just ordered a MKII, dark red, blue led, input on the right, output on the left and power jack on top.

Eric

and what an exiting first post!!!

I love my monsterpiece, I hope you do too!!

welcome to the forum! :thu:

• Members

Well I had to do it.

Eric

Welcome to the loonie bin! And welcome to the Monsterpiece owners club:wave:

The Monster MKII is one of the finest pedals ever made, you will love it:love:

• Members

Welcome to the loonie bin! And welcome to the Monsterpiece owners club:wave:

The Monster MKII is one of the finest pedals ever made, you will love it:love:

HMC, I'm gonna be 2/3rds as cool as you next week when I receive my AD2k/MKII. I can't wait!!

Thanks for reassuring me that the mkII is that good. :thu:

• Members

Hey Richard I see you are now shipping pedals with the vintage Fender knobs like I put on mine. Those are my favorite knobs, they really add a touch of class. I'm lovin' the MKII, can't wait for my wife to leave the house so I can make some noise. Thanks for doing what you do.

• Members
Hey Richard I see you are now shipping pedals with the vintage Fender knobs like I put on mine. Those are my favorite knobs, they really add a touch of class. I'm lovin' the MKII, can't wait for my wife to leave the house so I can make some noise. Thanks for doing what you do.

I think he'll use whatever knobs you want, I asked for my red/white ones. :cool:

• Members

Yeah, once I saw those on yours, I just HAD to get some :D

my wife says they look like little white chocolate Reeses Peanut Butter Cups

• Members

ok, ok... so they really aren't a secret. They allow you to adjust your fuzz from being more saturated at lower settings to more focused at higher settings. They work in conjunction with the fuzz control to allow many different variations of the texture of your fuzz. Kind of a flavor control. At least that's what they're supposed to do :cool:

• Members
ok, ok... so they really aren't a secret. They allow you to adjust your fuzz from being more saturated at lower settings to more focused at higher settings. They work in conjunction with the fuzz control to allow many different variations of the texture of your fuzz. Kind of a flavor control. At least that's what they're supposed to do
:cool:

yeah, that's what they do to my ears!

someone asked me and I was like, 'it does something but I don't know what!!'

yeah, more bias seems to tighten the fuzz up...especially on the classic....

btw, no I didn't turn the fuzz knobs down at practice volume!!!:lol:

the classic is amazing full tilt into a crunchy amp :)

utter filth.

I think it's impossible to make the NPN sound bad. :)

Archived