The Ultimate Monsterpiece Appreciation Thread!

HMCMedic

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by jensen5

View Post

I've searched high and low on the internet, but no love. Does Monsterpiece have a website?

I am just a PM away cool.gif

You should be able to find out pretty much anything you want about my pedals by doing a search here at HC Effect Forum.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleStrat

View Post

Good luck! I bugged him about it alot during our deal.tongue.gif

(in Chinese voice) Patience, young grasshopper, patience cool.gif

I think I am going to need to clone a couple copies of myself here pretty soon so I can do things like an octave fuzz, too. I'm leaving the Muff variations to Skreddy, though. biggrin.gif

• Members

ok, so my NPN/classic double headed fuzz monster has been shipped today....

if you own either or both, make my wait even worse by telling my what treats I have in store when it arrives.

differences in the two, what they sound like into each other..etc.

tell me everything!!!!! tongue.gif

love.giflove.giflove.giflove.giflove.giflove.giflove.giflove.gif

Monsterpiece263.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by SirJackdeFuzz

View Post

melx . . . your Avatars just get better n' better !!!

lol, I'd like to use the next picture in the series, but unfortunatly I fear if I did I would go the way of urinate. poke.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by melx

View Post

ok, so my NPN/classic double headed fuzz monster has been shipped today....

if you own either or both, make my wait even worse by telling my what treats I have in store when it arrives.

differences in the two, what they sound like into each other..etc.

tell me everything!!!!! tongue.gif

love.giflove.giflove.giflove.giflove.giflove.giflove.giflove.gif

Monsterpiece263.jpg

You are in for nothing but complete oneness with tone when you hear these pedals. I have been liking my Telecaster with my NPN Fuzz, turn the volume on the guitar down/bridge pickup and get a nice, snarly overdriven tone that cleans up with yer pick attack. Crank the volume knob, switch to the neck and creamy leads fall from your fingers like the icing on a warm cinnamon roll.................

The Classic is becoming my favorite of the lot lately. I have been using that one with my Hardtail Big Apple Strat, Duncan Humbuckers, a little splash of CE1 and my Vibro Thang and it almost sounds like Larry's Dumble soaring into overdrive, without his chops of course, but the tone is there! All of these pedals react so well with subtle changes in volume /tone knobs, different pickups, maple vs. rosewood necks............

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by HMCMedic

View Post

Help us infest TGP with Monsterpiece love! More and more TGP folks are starting to take notice of our little fuzz secret over heresmile.gif

Hey Cal, I'm one of the TGP converts. wave.gif

Got my MKII today and am very pleased. I have a feeling I'll be selling some of my other Fuzzes soon and ordering a Two Headed Monster from Richard.

DSC01134.jpg

DSC01131.jpg

• Members

View Post

You are in for nothing but complete oneness with tone when you hear these pedals. I have been liking my Telecaster with my NPN Fuzz, turn the volume on the guitar down/bridge pickup and get a nice, snarly overdriven tone that cleans up with yer pick attack. Crank the volume knob, switch to the neck and creamy leads fall from your fingers like the icing on a warm cinnamon roll.................

The Classic is becoming my favorite of the lot lately. I have been using that one with my Hardtail Big Apple Strat, Duncan Humbuckers, a little splash of CE1 and my Vibro Thang and it almost sounds like Larry's Dumble soaring into overdrive, without his chops of course, but the tone is there! All of these pedals react so well with subtle changes in volume /tone knobs, different pickups, maple vs. rosewood necks............

icon_lol.gif I'm looking forward to creamy leads falling from my fingers like icing on a warm cinnamon roll....that doesn't happen too often at the moment!! wink.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by katamaridamacy

View Post

melx. you two-headed looks really cool.

cheers, I gave richard a rough idea of what I wanted it to look like. smile.gif

does anyone else have the squiggly lines either side of the writing like mine? That's my favorite bit, they look kinda like tentecles!!!! cool.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by zenarcade123

View Post

Whats the difference between an MKII and NPN?

this is a basic run down from Richard, if you want to know anythng specific or advice give him a pm.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...er.php?u=28902

The NPN uses silicon transistors... BC108's and/or BC109's - plenty of bite, but very versatile. Can go from near clean boost, to raunchy OD sounds, to distortion, to all out fuzz. Very dynamic & responisive

The PNP is a hybrid using silicon 2N2907 paired with Germanium AC125 - similar to the NPN, but a bit warmer, more bark than bite.

The MKII & Monsterpiece Classic use all Germanium... SFT308's right now. These are essentially the same as a NKT275 or AC128 transistor. Early Zep/Page tones with the MKII. Early Hendrix with the Classic

The Angry Dick 2000 (essentially a Jordan Bosstone clone) uses all silicon 2N2222 & 2N3965's. Gnarly, spitty 60's biker movie fuzz

• Members

Melx, I'm waiting to hear what you think of yer new pedal!

As for me, it's been a great few weeks with my new 3 Head Monsterpiece. I keep trying different combos and stacking it with other pedals to see what I can cook up. I am really digging the hell out of the Angry Dick 2000. I have never had any experience with a Jordan Bosstone but this thing rocks. I set it with both the volume and fuzz at about 2 o'clock and it just screams! I back down the neck volume on my ESP (Les Paul copy) and use that as a dirty rhythm tone and then switch to the bridge for all out hellfire and brimstonecop.gif

The Angry Dick also is amazing as a solo boost for all my other dirt pedals, I'm just floored by this thing everytime I play it. I think I may need to get another sole NPN fuzz to put in my chain so I have some pedals sandwiched between Richard's stuff cause they do different stuff to my other pedals depending on where they are atwave.gif

• Members

View Post

Melx, I'm waiting to hear what you think of yer new pedal!

as soon as it gets here, I'll let you know!!!

most things take at least 5 days and sometimes up to 2 weeks to get from america to here....Richard posted it monday, so fingers crossed it's in the UK now and on it's way to me!!

damn, do I need an AD2000/MKII as well now??!! icon_lol.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by katamaridamacy

View Post

my classic is unpainted (i don't know, but i just like unpainted pedals), and i'm picking it up at my sister's place this december. will upload some photos then!

man, that's a long wait...eek.gif

Archived