The Ultimate Monsterpiece Appreciation Thread!

HMCMedic

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by tenoken

View Post

Still gonna build a crazy shaped board?! poke.gif

mmm... I was gonna do it kinda curved shape...but because all my pedals have the jacks in the top I would be better doing it straight really. Whatever I decide to do it will be made to fit my set up and put the pedals I use the most right under my feet........I'm not really fond of 'back rows' so the only pedals back there will be ones I only use occasionally....this means the order on the board might not be the order in which they are 'chained' so it's gonna take a bit of figuring out with cables and stuff..and stop poking me!!!! icon_lol.gif

poke.gif

• Members

I was rocking the PNP/NPN two-headed today and getting some really good sounds. I was boosting it with varidrive, but had my guitar volume all the way down to about 4.5. Sounded AMAZING! I have a bad habit of thinking my guitar volume has to be all the way up, all the time. Today it seemed like doing that just brought in horrible harshness. I LOVE the bias control, that's the heart and soul of these pedals if you ask me.

• Members

I was putting new batteries in a bunch of my pedals before practice tonight.

I think I will take a picture of a bunch of my pedals with their guts exposed to show the difference in workmanship in some of the pedals. I know the Monsterpiece pedals will be easily ID'dwave.gif

on that line also, I am back to powering all my fuzz/OD/Distortion with 9 volt cheapo batts again. It sounds better to my earsblah.gif

• Members

Recently picked up a used Monsterpiece 2 Head PNP/NPN over at TGP

Pretty sure it's an older one - the PNP is all silicon not hybrid.

Compared to the NPN the PNP sounds more germanium in nature - warmer, rounder, a bit more raspy with slightly less gain.

I have really been enjoying the slightly warmer PNP it works well with my vintage Fender and Ampeg amps.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by missfortune

View Post

Time for a bit of Angry Dick love wave.gif

Here's a clip featuring my Eastwood Airline into a Silvertone 1470 with a touch of Rocktron Short Timer echo. The joyous buzz is the Angry Dick. The playing sux but the tone is heavenly!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/song...songID=5893925

AirlineSilvertone.jpg

Sorry, no pix of the Dick (but its hammered copper stealth mode). Looks and sounds amazing.

Great work Richard!

{censored}ing AWESOME rig man!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by HMCMedic

View Post

thumb.gif

I love that pedal! Do you have a Box Of Rock? The Classic Monsterpiece stacked with the BOR is one of the best combos I've ever heardlove.gif

no i haven't had any experience with zvex pedals yet, but i have been gasing for a fuzz factory for a long time.

anyway, classic placed before bor?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jb1911

View Post

Here's my latest work of art, I mean Monsterpeice:

MonsterpieceMKII.jpg

MonsterpieceMKIIguts.jpg

It's a Tonebender MKII (MK1.5, really). I also have an AD2000 and an NPN. Maybe I need a PNP also. This is THE MKII clone to have as I've had a couple of Soulbenders and a BYOC and this thing blows them away.

I WANT ONE, NO, I NEED ONE !!! love.gif

What is the site address ?

Thanx

wink.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by SirJackdeFuzz

View Post

I WANT ONE, NO, I NEED ONE !!! love.gif

What is the site address ?

Thanx

wink.gif

lol, this is his website!!!!!

Send a Private message to 'duderanimous' he's the man that makes them.....his building mine right now!!!

he'll sort you out. thumb.gif

Archived