iStomp quick review

goodhonk

• Members

I gave the Small Stone model another shot last night...very nice...I ended up buying it. I also donged around with the Electric Mistress model too. Damn, I forgot how good that thing sounded. Seriously...there are some really good effects in their store. If they just made something more like this (notice the small, stylish form factor instead of the oddly shaped behemoth with an iPad attached to it)...

212_480_wide.jpg

...but with with color screens, MIDI program change, seamless program change, the ability to buy just the effects you want from the iStomp store, the ability to run redundant effects, with a high end analog signal path (use the GSP 1101 as your starting point), they would dominate the pedal modeling market and be serious competition for Line 6

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I gave the Small Stone model another shot last night...very nice...I ended up buying it. I also donged around with the Electric Mistress model too. Damn, I forgot how good that thing sounded. Seriously...there are some really good effects in their store. If they just made something more like this (notice the small, stylish form factor instead of the oddly shaped behemoth with an iPad attached to it)...

212_480_wide.jpg

...but with with color screens, MIDI program change, seamless program change, the ability to buy just the effects you want from the iStomp store, the ability to run redundant effects, with a high end analog signal path (use the GSP 1101 as your starting point), they would dominate the pedal modeling market and be serious competition for Line 6

include a tuner and looper, a couple of free downloads and priced at $150... they would sell boat loads.

• Members

what are the big reverbs like? 'continuum' sounds like it could be nice and long?

the spring is very realistic, i think i like it better than my deluxe reverb.

i just demo'd the lexicon hall and it is excellent; i'm no expert with rerverbs, other than real spring reverb the only reverb i've played with is the m9 stuff. the lexicon though made my chords sound huge, adding all kinds of cool harmonics, made it sound organlike. it was also very controllable, didn't get washed out too much and wasn't overbearing. i could easily become a shoegaze dude with that pedal. sounded great.

the continuum was pretty bland.

i will get some recordings up soon, i promise.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Shadoof wrote:

Can anyone confirm that it will work with an iphone 5 if I buy a lightning to 30-pin adapter?

I can't find a straight answer online. Digitechrep?

As long as you are using iOS 7.xx it will work with the Apple adapter.  I've heard from multiple sources that the non-Apple adapters are sketchy, I'd avoid those.

Archived