Diezel Amps at Guitar Center????

LOCO5150

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 years later...
  • Members

I wanted to try it out, but that kid was sitting in front of that amp for the whole hour I was in the store. He must have tried 3 or 4 different Schecters and I swear that he was playing the same riff when I left the store that he was playing when I got there.

HUH? Kick the {censored}ing kid off the amp. Grow some cojones dude.

- WOT

• Members

Man, you guys are so predictable.

I wasn't making any judgments about the Diezel. All I was simply saying was that it didn't live up to it's reputation.

I've been playing guitar for 15 years, and I would never judge an amp based on some cockeyed kid in a black baseball cap playing it.

I'm quite sure he walked up to that thing, dialed in all the bass and treble he could find and dialed out any chance of a midrange frequency getting in there.

There are reasons for why amps like that cost what they do, just as much as there are reasons for why a Crate costs $250, a Peavey 5150II costs $1000, and a Mesa Triple Rec costs $1700.

I'm sure that amp in the right hands with the right guitar is dynamite. I'm just saying that I wasn't impressed with what I heard on Saturday. It's just an observation and I wasn't intending this thread to bash those of you that have dropped your hard earned cash or maxed out your credit card to have a boutique amp...be it a Diezel, VHT, or whatever.

I was gonna say the same...What if this kid DID know what he was doing? And lets say he wanted that tone, or something similar, but it came out {censored}ty...for 3000-4100 bucks id hope it'd make anything sound aweseome

• Members
I was gonna say the same...What if this kid DID know what he was doing? And lets say he wanted that tone, or something similar, but it came out {censored}ty...for 3000-4100 bucks id hope it'd make anything sound aweseome

Oh come on :rolleyes:

A 13-14 year old in a sideways baseball hat playing {censored}ty riffs on a Schecter through the most expensive amp he can find in GC just screams "tone guru".

Archived