OMG !!! Coyotes ate my Cat!

GasMask

• Members

I didn't like that pic either.

Doesn't strike me as a "pack thinning". Those guys were proud of whatever it is they did. Very sad.

On the other hand....it's your god-given right to defend yourself and yours. I'd want more than a .22 as well!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by ThomasD

If it is a big cat then you had better contact your State Fish and Game. Cougars are moving into the suburbs and people are being killed in places like Colorado and California.

Yeah dude, we just had an attack not to long ago, The dude was mountain biking on a little trail through the riverside hills, and a cougar pounced on him from above and ATE him, then hid the rest of his body for later. They identified him by his bone DNA:(

They ended up catching and killing the cougar when it attacked another biker, she needs reconstructive surgery on her face :eek:

• Members

Originally posted by SuperStrat

A pitbull would have no problem with a coyote... any dog over ~35lbs would be avoided by a coyote.

I beg to differ.....

I live in the foothills and have a nature preserve behind my house, then over the top of that is BLM land and a huge reservoir. The coyotes are pretty thick at times.

One night (I had barely climbed into bed after pulling my camping trailer back from Pismo)I heard a dog barking and screaming behind my house so I went outside with my 2 million candle power spotlight, but I saw nothing. It was about 2 am, and I thought it was very strange but didn't think much of it. The next morning I woke up to about 6-7 vultures on my back fence, so I went to take a look. As I got closer to where the birds where, I saw a leg...then another, but didn't see anything else...I thought they were deern legs or something. Afetr a little more searching I found the dog that was yelling...or what was left of it. It was just it's head and about a foot of spine. I am not usre what kind of dog it was....but it was bigger than 35 pounds.

I have had several cats killed here, my next door neighbor had some champion Dobies, and one of his got chewed all to hell by a pack of coyotes. the guy that I bought the house from had several dogs, cats, chickens, sheepkilled including 2 Datchschunds that were in a low fenced kennel right at the back of his house. The coyotes didn't even eat them...they just tore them to pieces.

I don't shoot many animals, but coyotes I will not hesitate.

22-250 is a very good gun for knocking them out, also a caller works well.

I just have a cheap one right now..

http://www.casscreek.com/prod_predator.html

I have brought whole packs right to my fence with this gadget.

Coyotes are tricky little animals and will do stuff like bark like a dog to try and lure your dog out. They will send in a female in heat to lure your dog. I have seen them even act like they want to play with their butts in the air to try and lure your dog, but just over the hill is the rest of the pack.

I had a huge male coyote get on of my huge male labs to chase him...he ran just out of any range where I couldn't do anything and then whipped around. My lab was a super tough dog, but some how he knew better and turned around and came back.

About the overpopulation, my parents lived in Mission Viejo a few years ago which is just outside of Irvine cali...coyotes where thick in their neighborhood. They were regularly seen strolling down city streets. My dads cat (actually my cat since she was about 15 years old and I had grown up with her) got killed right on their front porch, picked up and taken away to be eaten.

• Members

Originally posted by EpiPaul03

That picture makes me want to kill both of those mother{censored}ers...IT makes me absolutely sick. I'm not a big animal lover, but that is just unecessary. THERE IS NO REASON for that. {censored} that {censored}.

You must not be a farmer :rolleyes: These bastards are nothing but BIG TIME PESTS.

A lot of insurance companies let coyotes go into areas that you would have never seen. They thought they would kill the small deer off. Now these bastards are every where :mad: And they multiply like rabbits.

• Members

Originally posted by kannibul

Are they tied up?

----

Anyhow, We've got 4 cats now (actually, two full-grown, two kittens) - and I take the (formerly) male outside every once in a while. However:

1) I never let him walk out on his own. I must pick him up, and take him outside, then I can put him down. This keeps him from running out the door whenever it's opened.

2) I never leave him outside alone. I might not be paying close attention (grilling some steaks, etc) but I always keep track of where he is, and what he's up to. For the most part, he helps me mow the lawn - lol

--

One of the neighbors has an outdoor cat, or at least one they let in/out of their garage all the time. I found out shortly after getting our house, when we washed our vehicles and had cat paw marks all over them. I guess if that cat's alright, there's nothing too dangerous around...still, our cats are indoor cats, and the male gets to go outside every once in a while as a treat. (the other full-grown cat is agorophobic
and spazzes out, the kittens are too young to have fear)

Hells no, I've already recognized the problem tying them up could be. We've got a fenced in yard, but they could jump it to get away from something if need be.

• Members

That picture makes me want to kill both of those mother{censored}ers...IT makes me absolutely sick. I'm not a big animal lover, but that is just unecessary. THERE IS NO REASON for that. {censored} that {censored}.

+ several million

Cunts like this make me sick of the human race. :mad:

• Members

Originally posted by Pepi

Now these bastards are every where
:mad:
And they multiply like rabbits.

Makes them a bit like human beings then, no? :rolleyes:

Why is it OK for pet dogs and cats to breed like mother{censored}ers and destroy the local wildlife, but when the wildlife gets its own back, people like you start to piss in their pants?

• Members

Originally posted by Rocinante

+ several million

Cunts like this make me sick of the human race.
:mad:

As someone already said, if you don't know their motives, you can't pass judgement. You don't know that they're not farmers etc, who's livelihood is negatively influenced by coyotes. I'm not a big fan of hunting predators either, but coyotes can be a different story.

• Members
Originally posted by rockon1202

As someone already said, if you don't know their motives, you can't pass judgement. You don't know that they're not farmers etc, who's livelihood is negatively influenced by coyotes.

The fact that they're posing for a camera gloating over the corpses like terrorists suggests they are thrill seekers not farmers. Why is one of them dressed for combat? Maybe he should ship out to Iraq.

• Members

The fact that they're posing for a camera gloating over the corpses like terrorists suggests they are thrill seekers not farmers. Why is one of them dressed for combat? Maybe he should ship out to Iraq.

You've never gone hunting in your life, have you?:rolleyes:

• Members
Originally posted by Riverdragon

I don't hunt. And guys like that are one of the main reasons. Every freakin truck in my area has some kind of hunting sticker on the window and the drivers always have a camo hat on. I refuse to be a part of that society!

+1000000

• Members

I don't hunt. And guys like that are one of the main reasons. Every freakin truck in my area has some kind of hunting sticker on the window and the drivers always have a camo hat on. I refuse to be a part of that society!

Sounds like solid logic. Just a note though, not every hunter has 12 bumper stickers, a camo hat, and a gun rack.

• Members

Makes them a bit like human beings then, no?
:rolleyes:

Why is it OK for pet dogs and cats to breed like mother{censored}ers and destroy the local wildlife, but when the wildlife gets its own back, people like you start to piss in their pants?

Well my wife and I stopped at two children. My pets were always taking care of and they were all fixed. "Thank you Bob Barker" I don't let my pets run and kill wildlife. Sounds like you need to move to a different area :p

• Members

Well my wife and I stopped at two children. My pets were always taking care of and they were all fixed. "Thank you Bob Barker" I don't let my pets run and kill wildlife. Sounds like you need to move to a different area
:p

He raised a good point though. I've read several times that housecats are actually the worst killer of songbirds in residential areas, to the point of it becoming a real problem.

• Members

Well my wife and I stopped at two children. My pets were always taking care of and they were all fixed. "Thank you Bob Barker" I don't let my pets run and kill wildlife. Sounds like you need to move to a different area
:p

Kudos for being responsible. Many people aren't. The domestic dog and cat population (in this country at least) is a big threat to wildlife, particularly to our native bird population which has already crashed by 80% in the last century under pressure from modern farming practices.

• Members

The one guy posted a .22. Well I don't know about you, but I'd use something more on the lines of a high powered riffle

I.e 22/250, or shotty, 12 guage, 20 guage (slug), or 30 ot 6, .338, and such. If you don't have guns, then call someone that does..

Pssshhht...be a real man and use grenades.

-Joe

• Members

Kudos for being responsible. Many people aren't. The domestic dog and cat population (in this country at least) is a big threat to wildlife, particularly to our native bird population which has already crashed by 80% in the last century under pressure from modern farming practices.

yeah look out for my monster!!!

ohanahead.jpg

• Members

maybe you should get a roadrunner. I hear they are pretty clever.

LOL !!!!!

We have roadrunners on our property. I see them daily in the summer. I'll bitch them out next time I see them- they are not doing their job very well!

Archived