OMG !!! Coyotes ate my Cat!

GasMask

• Members
Originally posted by Urban Ghandi

My wife's Australian, her mom and dad still live there. Her brother lives in NZ. I go to both places with regularity.

I guess I never really noticed if the Willy-Wagtail was in NZ or not..hmmm, my bad.

But hey, you gotta give me some bonus points for knowing the bird.

:)

Ok, thats cool. I am impressed that you remembered the name... even if you didn't remember all the details ;)

Interesting about your wife, my *potential* future wife is american- I'm at her house right now. How'd you find the inter-continental marriage?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by EpiPaul03

LOL, hey dumbass...look at the enviorment the picture was taken in...For one it's in Canada and it looks pretty darn cold. I can't say it's all year round...But judging by the animals and the men, it was cold when it happened, and showed evidence of a very cold climate. Last time I checked, in winter, you don't farm;) .

So I suppose coyotes migrate away during the crop seasons? Jackass.

• Members
Originally posted by Pepi

When have you seen coyotes run in packs? Wolfs run in packs not coyotes. You usually only see two at a time.

Exactly. It NEVER happens. EVER. Those coyotes I saw in that pack a few years back were a figment of my imagination...or maybe just very small wolves.:rolleyes:

• Members
Originally posted by doggage5050

+1

most coyotes are scraggly, at least around here. hell, a lab could take one out, but a single coyote isn't dangerous. it is when they get in a pack is when they do damage.

donkeys kill coyotes. a coyote won't go anywhere near a donkey. a mule (sexless donkey) can do serious damage too. check out this one kicking a mountain lion's ASS!

Just for the record, while sterile, mules are actually a cross between a horse and a donkey. Donkey's are another critter altogether. Not to be picky or anything.:D

• Members
Originally posted by doggage5050

+1

most coyotes are scraggly, at least around here. hell, a lab could take one out, but a single coyote isn't dangerous. it is when they get in a pack is when they do damage.

donkeys kill coyotes. a coyote won't go anywhere near a donkey. a mule (sexless donkey) can do serious damage too. check out this one kicking a mountain lion's ASS!

mule.jpg

here is a link to the story. gotta love a mule.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.medinacountyohc.com/sitebuilder/images/MuleLion2-429x308.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.medinacountyohc.com/MonthlyNewsltrs/January2005Pg4.html&h=308&w=429&sz=29&tbnid=8X-kGbS9zwgJ:&tbnh=88&tbnw=123&hl=en&start=2&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmule%2Bmountain%2Blion%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26hs%3DJ9E%26lr%3D%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official_s%26sa%3DG

I call major BS on that story. Those dogs in the background would not be just sitting there, they would be going nuts. I think it's all photoshopped.

• Members

Originally posted by 46&2

Like my cat did with mice and other rodents.

Fokin' nature.

Coyotes are smart enough to take advantage of whatever is in front of them. If you give them the chance to eat your cat...maybe it will get eaten.

Something that seems kinda funny to me....

I bet most of these guys postin about how bad it is to kill coyotes....lets say they were plagued by mice..eating up their speaker cabs that they had just payed a bunch of money for...say a nice Bogner 4 X 12 and the mice needed a place to nest...like inside your cab. Your house is very nice you paid a bunch of money for, but couldn't quite fit it into your budget to totally fill all the places the mice were getting in.

Now do you put moust traps out ? and kill all the poor little mice ??

I put money on it you do ....

• Members

Fokin' nature.

Coyotes are smart enough to take advantage of whatever is in front of them. If you give them the chance to eat your cat...maybe it will get eaten.

I bet most of these guys postin about how bad it is to kill coyotes....lets say they were plagued by mice..eating up their speaker cabs or maybe amps that they had just payed a bunch of money for...say a nice Bogner 4 X 12 and the mice needed a place to nest...like inside your cab. Your house is very nice you paid a bunch of money for, but couldn't quite fit it into your budget to totally fill all the places the mice were getting in.

• Members

Fokin' nature.

I bet most of these guys postin about how bad it is to kill coyotes....lets say they were plagued by mice..eating up their speaker cabs or maybe amps that they had just payed a bunch of money for...say a nice Bogner 4 X 12 and the mice needed a place to nest...like inside your cab. Your house is very nice you paid a bunch of money for, but couldn't quite fit it into your budget to totally fill all the places the mice were getting in.

Now do you put mouse traps out ? and kill all the poor little mice ??

• Members

Originally posted by GITTarzann

I bet most of these guys postin about how bad it is to kill coyotes....lets say they were plagued by mice..eating up their speaker cabs that they had just payed a bunch of money for...say a nice Bogner 4 X 12 and the mice needed a place to nest...like inside your cab. Your house is very nice you paid a bunch of money for, but couldn't quite fit it into your budget to totally fill all the places the mice were getting in.

Well, I fixed the problem by making my remaining pets in-door only. That's not feasible for everyone and IMO they should be whacking any wild animal that comes to prey on 'em.

• Members

If you live in a suburb and have a coyote problem then it's probably best to take 'em all out. Even though you moved into their neighborhood that's tough {censored}e for them, really. We're *all* animals, and the safety of humans comes first. Packs of coyotes & big cats are most definitely not safe things to have roaming the suburbs. One human child lost to 'em is one too many.

If you live in the country then I kinda view it differently. Yah, you moved into their neighborhood but it most likely it wasn't really necessar - most likely it's because you wanted to be out in the boonies, out in nature. Maybe it's not logical but there you go.

Hunh. After writing that I need to back up a little bit (dang, that was the name of my cat that got eaten). If you live out in the country I think you should still kill 'em. It should be limited to the area that immediately affects you, though. I guess it boils down to killing 'em for protection vs killing 'em for enjoyment & sport.

• Members

Originally posted by SuperStrat

I guess they can be dangerous in packs. I've never known them to be in packs in my area of NY State. One on one, though, they aren't a match for a decent size dog.... and I've seen many.

A coyote will lick a German Shephard and if the dog is too big they will run and get chased back to the pack where it's lights out. I have two Irish Wolfhounds and my big male (200 lbs) went through our fence gate after one in the night last summer. He didn't come home till the morning and that was a long, long night for me. Heard howling all night but never could find him in the dark woods. He came home with a few scratches but not much so who knows what happened out there.

• Members

Originally posted by Urban Ghandi

I'm no coyote expert but....

They may not run in packs but families of coyotes hang out together. I see this ALL THE TIME.

It seems there is more than one species living in the US.

In NY, I have never seen more than one at a time

• Members

What do you think of fishermen who fill trawlers with net after net of poor helpless scaled and shelled critters?
Or that dad/son team sitting on a rowboat bragging about hauling in two 5 inch fish? Is that sinful or.... is that ok becasue fish are dumb and ugly unlike coyotes?

I'm not a sports hunter. I don't think I could ever take a rifle to a deer's head or coyotes for the sheer thrill of it. But we all know... that hunting some animals HELPS save that herd from overpopulation. Even conservationists agree in that regard.

But everything humans have... is the result of hunting/killing/torturing animals.
Human survival hinges on our ability to kill things (shut up vegans!!!). We could not have a medical industry without animals.
Poor mice and monkeys... giving their lives so your wives can put safe products on her face. Owell! better the animal than her.

And I believe in hunting predatory animals who live too close to human communities.
I was raised in mountain lion country. I support bounty hunting (currently illegal). They hunt our pets and kill our neighbors livestock. Why should western people be forced to live with predators that city people would never tolerate? because CITY folk says so? (note: not every westerner believes in hunting).

I do not believe in sports hunting...but i do believe in HUNTING HUNTING.

Archived