OMG !!! Coyotes ate my Cat!

GasMask

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by GasMask

GRRRRRRR

I live on a few acres at the edge of town. Yesterday Coyotes attacked our cat not far behind our house. Nothing left but tufts of hair on the ground. The same thing has happened to our neighbors also. I've heard the coyotes at night. They get worked up into an absolute frenzy of yelping. Sounds EXACTLY like 50 kids screaming and laughing and playing. Everytime I try to film or record them they shut up and run off. The day before the attack, we had a birthday party in the back yard. Lots of Pizza, etc. Wonder if the smell attracted them? I didn't see the attack, so it's possible it was a hawk (was a small cat). Also, there has been a credible mountain lion sighting just down the road from us. Really think it was coyotes though, especially given what has happened to our neighbors. I have a "live and let live" attitude about animals like that. They are trying my patience though!
:mad:

Damn -- that sucks, man :(

• Members

Sorry about your cat. I'd be sick over something like that. We had a new house built three years ago, and my dog was still a puppy, about three months old. I let him out one summer night and heard him bark like crazy. When I looked, I saw one vicous coyote in our yard and a ton of eyes peering through the brush. They all scattered when I opened the door. My dog was curled in the corner, shaking big time. He didn't want to go outside for days after that.

Since then, he's extremely aggressive towards any dog he doesn't know. He's 60lb.s now and he regularly breaks the steel cable chains made for 100 lbs dogs, when he sees a strange dog, he wants to go after them. Makes it tough to walk him.

• Members

Last year our neighbor boy came home from school and a coyote killed his pet dog. He was really upset :(

Nature use to has it's way of taking care of these things BUT us freaking humans have our hands in everything causing the nature balance not to work. 10 years ago you would hardly never see a coyote in our part of Indiana, now they are every where due to the insurance companies.

• Members

I like how this is up to three pages of assumptions about what that pic is about. Either Mr. Gravy is a pychopathic Coyote serial killer, or the Gov paid for his services... (Or other CRAZY ass situations)

Hmm......

I chill and wait for the answer from the accused....

Where are you Gravy?

(Sorry bout the Kitties...)

• Members

Originally posted by EpiPaul03

That picture makes me want to kill both of those mother{censored}ers...IT makes me absolutely sick. I'm not a big animal lover, but that is just unecessary. THERE IS NO REASON for that. {censored} that {censored}.

+1

• Members
Originally posted by Pepi

You must not be a farmer
:rolleyes:
These bastards are nothing but BIG TIME PESTS.

A lot of insurance companies let coyotes go into areas that you would have never seen. They thought they would kill the small deer off. Now these bastards are every where
And they multiply like rabbits.

LOL, hey dumbass...look at the enviorment the picture was taken in...For one it's in Canada and it looks pretty darn cold. I can't say it's all year round...But judging by the animals and the men, it was cold when it happened, and showed evidence of a very cold climate. Last time I checked, in winter, you don't farm;) .

• Members

LOL, hey dumbass...look at the enviorment the picture was taken in...For one it's in Canada and it looks pretty darn cold. I can't say it's all year round...But judging by the animals and the men, it was cold when it happened, and showed evidence of a very cold climate. Last time I checked, in winter, you don't farm;) .

Oh, I forgot dumbass, we don't have to feed the livestock in the winter :rolleyes: And yes, this is part of farming. Well, coyotes don't kill sheep and chickens anyway :rolleyes:

• Members

And how's about the domain it's taken from?: Canadian Hunt Club

• Members
Originally posted by ohjimmy

A pit would devour a coyote.

+1

most coyotes are scraggly, at least around here. hell, a lab could take one out, but a single coyote isn't dangerous. it is when they get in a pack is when they do damage.

donkeys kill coyotes. a coyote won't go anywhere near a donkey. a mule (sexless donkey) can do serious damage too. check out this one kicking a mountain lion's ASS!

mule.jpg

here is a link to the story. gotta love a mule.
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.medinacountyohc.com/sitebuilder/images/MuleLion2-429x308.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.medinacountyohc.com/MonthlyNewsltrs/January2005Pg4.html&h=308&w=429&sz=29&tbnid=8X-kGbS9zwgJ:&tbnh=88&tbnw=123&hl=en&start=2&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmule%2Bmountain%2Blion%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26hs%3DJ9E%26lr%3D%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official_s%26sa%3DG

• Members
Originally posted by doggage5050

+1

most coyotes are scraggly, at least around here. hell, a lab could take one out, but a single coyote isn't dangerous. it is when they get in a pack is when they do damage.

donkeys kill coyotes. a coyote won't go anywhere near a donkey. a mule (sexless donkey) can do serious damage too. check out this one kicking a mountain lion's ASS!

mule.jpg

here is a link to the story. gotta love a mule.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.medinacountyohc.com/sitebuilder/images/MuleLion2-429x308.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.medinacountyohc.com/MonthlyNewsltrs/January2005Pg4.html&h=308&w=429&sz=29&tbnid=8X-kGbS9zwgJ:&tbnh=88&tbnw=123&hl=en&start=2&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmule%2Bmountain%2Blion%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26hs%3DJ9E%26lr%3D%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official_s%26sa%3DG

:eek:

• Members

Originally posted by ohjimmy

A pit would devour a coyote.

Problem is like said above coyotes ain't alone!

When have you seen coyotes run in packs? Wolfs run in packs not coyotes. You usually only see two at a time.

• Members

Absolutely nothing cool about your pet getting eaten by Coyotes.

I live on some serious open space..my backyard doesn;t have a back fence but there is 140 acres of openspace behind me...home to many coyotes.

They eat cats all the time here. Sad seeing all the CAT MISSING posters in the neighborhood. They all know they're history!

The strangest of all things...my dog Harley plays with Coyotes. Some times, they come to my back porch and yalp until he comes out. They chase each other back and forth and when they're done they share my dogs water bowl and then they leave.

My wife has even thrown a ball for the Coyotes...they don;t ever bring it back but they do like the ball being thrown to them.

• Members

Originally posted by Urban Ghandi

I live on some serious open space..my backyard doesn;t have a back fence but there is 140 acres of openspace behind me...home to many coyotes.

They eat cats all the time here. Sad seeing all the CAT MISSING posters in the neighborhood. They all know they're history!

The strangest of all things...my dog Harley plays with Coyotes. Some times, they come to my back porch and yalp until he comes out. They chase each other back and forth and when they're done they share my dogs water bowl and then they leave.

My wife has even thrown a ball for the Coyotes...they don;t ever bring it back but they do like the ball being thrown to them.

Do you guys grill up hamburgers for the bears too? Invite them to a pool party, maybe?

• Members

This whole thread is foreign to me... back home in New Zealand our cats and dogs are the biggest predators around... no chance of them getting eaten. Cars are a much bigger danger.

Seriously, there are no predatory mammals in NZ, no snakes, no poisonous insects and only one very rare poisonous spider... its great.

• Members
Originally posted by gdb53

This whole thread is foreign to me... back home in New Zealand our cats and dogs are the biggest predators around... no chance of them getting eaten. Cars are a much bigger danger.

Seriously, there are no predatory mammals in NZ, no snakes, no poisonous insects and only one very rare poisonous spider... its great.

I think you're forgetting about the Willy-Wagtail, those little raptors can be downright vicious!! ;)

• Members

I think you're forgetting about the Willy-Wagtail, those little raptors can be downright vicious!!
;)

Lol, very funny... except that the Willy-wagtail is AUSTRALIAN, DAMMIT! We are NOT part of Australia! GRRRRRR! :mad::mad:

Flippin americans.... you wouldn't believe the number of people I'm introduced to here- as a New Zealander- who 5 minutes later ask me 'so what's it like in Australia', or something.

I can handle it though. I love Americans in general, I can forgive them a little geographical ignorance... :p

Australia has plenty of poisonous critters, dingos, snakes and the like... we're lucky.

• Members

That's actually a pretty cool/funny story to hear.

Thanks for sharing:)

Archived