Out of all your amps which one do you play the most?

Defenestration

• Members

my diezel and v-amp are pretty equal to be honest, the v-amps in my room so when i want to learn something ill just jam with it there and then go play it on the herbert. Its a shame that my DSL doesnt get as much use, but when i do plug her in, it always makes me smile and wonder why i dont play it more!

James

• Members

Tie between my THD Flexi-50 and Laney VC50, but I use them mostly through a Palmer speaker sim/load box so I'm not knocking bricks out of the neighbors' walls. If I'm recording something that features a clean sound, then I usually use a Carvin Quad-X preamp direct to the board with its onboard speaker sim engaged.

• Members

Originally posted by g0lp

Heh, for me it's easy, since I only have one --- the Uber
:)

Same here for me since I only own one head at the moment. I still am thinking of getting a second one but who knows, I really do dig my current amp. I'm heading to Portland next week and they have a Bogner dealer up there so i'm eager to finally try out an Uberschall.

• Members

Originally posted by Def_Pearl_Pilot

My Tremoverb because that's what I leave at my practice space. I wish I could play my Herbert at practices but I don't feel like hauling it back and forth.

At home, it's a tie between the VH4S and Herbert.

I love my VH4 also. Lately I've been thinking about adding another Diezel. Part of me wants to try the Herbert because it has all the MIDI stuff and part of me wants to go with the Einstein because its simpler.

My question is, because you have both the Herbert and VH4, is there a lot of overlap? The only quibble I have with the VH4 is that the 4th Channel is too compressed and gainy for my tastes and just doesn't cut through well. I'm kind of afraid the Herbert will be like that!

• Members

Lately its been my marshall 2553, but in the past it was my vox AC15TBX. For some reason I seem to play my mark IV the least as of late.

I really want to pick up an engl. So far I am leaning fireball, but the blackmore looks tempting too. Either one is tough to find used.

Archived