Out of all your amps which one do you play the most?

Defenestration

• Members

Dr. Z Maz 38, by far. It's been my main amp for five years. Great, great clean tone, not brittle at all, works fantastic with my strats and hot-rails-equipped tele. The thing is built like a tank, it's been though a lot of gigs and many studio sessions. Pretty much 'my sound' now. Second would be my Carvin AG100D combo w/ guitar, voice, and bass inputs, which I use for a lot of 'acoustic duo' type gigs. Great little workhorse.

• Members

Originally posted by Megadeth7684

I like it a lot. It's very dark and thick sounding, really full. It sounds killer with the Blackmore IMO. The VHT I had was just way too bright for my tastes, I'm much happier with the Randall.
:)

what speakers it got? and how much have u cranked it?

i tried a cheaper series randall (rcx412 i think) while i was in holland and it was beautiful. Sound full but not too shrill!

• Members

originally posted by Drago

what speakers it got? and how much have u cranked it?

i tried a cheaper series randall (rcx412 i think) while i was in holland and it was beautiful. Sound full but not too shrill!

It has V30's in it. I haven't had the chance to crank it, but I've had the volume up fairly loud and it still sounds great. I usually run my Blackmore's lead volume on 10 and the master on 1, but I've had the master up to around 3-4...was insanely loud! :eek::D

• Members

Originally posted by Megadeth7684

It has V30's in it. I haven't had the chance to crank it, but I've had the volume up fairly loud and it still sounds great. I usually run my Blackmore's lead volume on 10 and the master on 1, but I've had the master up to around 3-4...was insanely loud!
:eek::D

ah damnit, i dont get on with V30s. they generally sound great at low volumes then ice picks when u turn up grrr.

ill have to try one some time!

and yes 3-4 on my engl is also insanity :D

Archived