I Hate Gas Prices

freakk guitarist

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by tshapiro

It's going to get worse. Hang on my friend, the average American is about to experience some terrible times at the pumps. Prices will unlikely ever return to what they were as recent as a year ago.

+1

We've been very lucky over that past 25 years to have the low gas prices that we had,....but that's over now. We're just gonna have to get used to it,...but really what we need to do is seriously start looking to an alternative.

• Members
Originally posted by Cibyl

+1

We've been very lucky over that past 25 years to have the low gas prices that we had,....but that's over now. We're just gonna have to get used to it,...but really what we need to do is seriously start looking to an alternative.

That's going to take, at least 30 years, if not more. I'm all for finding an alternative, and always have been, buy why not do a few things to relieve the gas prices until an alternative is found? Maybe let a few refineries get built? Maybe drill in a few other places? etc....:rolleyes:

• Members

+1

I wholeheartedly agree with this staement. The other thing that we should be concerned about is how efficient our vehicles burn fuel. I don't think that 30 MPG is efficient. That should be barely tolerable. I don't even want to get into how much fuel SUVs burn...

• Members

Originally posted by freakk guitarist

3.39 a gallon for regular. holy crap.

im serioulsy enraged. is there any relief in the future?

it has gotten to the point where its messing up my life, i have to BUDGET in gas now. i cant work with one of my jobs, cuz there is too much driving involved.

It sucks, but we all just need to suck it up and A.) realize that the hurricane which caused these prices to jump also completely destroyed the lives of thousands...high gas prices are nothing compared to the reality of what others are going through right now B.) Let it be fuel on the fire (no pun intended) to begin seriously thinking about how to not be so gasoline dependent.

• Members

Originally posted by Marshall Freak

That's going to take, at least 30 years, if not more.

I disagree, and this is the one area I listen to and believe conspiracy theory stuff (within reason)...

The alternatives are already developed IMO... and Big Oil generally buys them and supresses them.

-Erik

• Members

+1

I agree.

• Members

Originally posted by ranalli

I agree.

Yes, look for alternatives and while we are doing that we can also drill and build some refineries. We can't put all of our eggs in one basket hoping for a miracle alternative fuel to come along in the next couple of years. Keep working at it, sure. But in the meantime let's use the resources we have available.

• Members

Originally posted by bstaley

Yes, look for alternatives and while we are doing that we can also drill and build some refineries. We can't put all of our eggs in one basket hoping for a miracle alternative fuel to come along in the next couple of years. Keep working at it, sure. But in the meantime let's use the resources we have available.

Let the prices soar....I'm serious.

The reason why we haven't been looking for alternate energy sources as hard as we should is because gas has been fairly low in price for a long time.

Let the prices soar and people will finally get the message and start voting for people who are going to encourage this.

Cheap gas prices make everyone complacent and less likely to look out for the future.

• Members

Originally posted by Syrnett

The alternatives are already developed IMO... and Big Oil generally buys them and supresses them.

-Erik

BINGO!

There's been many more efficient designs that people came up with. Oil companies don't want them out there.

I used to own a Mobil station and those {censored}ers are the devil! No doubt in my mind.

Jerry

• Members

Originally posted by Syrnett

I disagree, and this is the one area I listen to and believe conspiracy theory stuff (within reason)...

-Erik

+1. The fact is this country is OWNED by corporations, and the laws are always in favor of them to boot. It's time our country does what's right for its citizens for once, nevermind the environment which is partly reponsible for katrina and the recent severe weather I'd bet.

Anybody see that Italian PURE Electric Car that goes 0-60 in under 5 seconds with a top speed of 180MPH? I don't know what the range is on it, but the technology DOES exist. Sure it costs $500k, but it's an example of what's possible.

• Members

Originally posted by NuSkoolTone

+1. The fact is this country is OWNED by corporations, and the laws are always in favor of them to boot. It's time our country does what's right for its citizens for once, nevermind the environment which is partly reponsible for katrina and the recent severe weather I'd bet.

Anybody see that Italian PURE Electric Car that goes 0-60 in under 5 seconds with a top speed of 180MPH? I don't know what the range is on it, but the technology DOES exist. Sure it costs $500k, but it's an example of what's possible.

Yup....this is the crux of the problem.

This is why gas prices NEED to get out of control for people to get fed up enough to push these things through.

• Members

Originally posted by ranalli

Let the prices soar....I'm serious.

The reason why we haven't been looking for alternate energy sources as hard as we should is because gas has been fairly low in price for a long time.

Let the prices soar and people will finally get the message and start voting for people who are going to encourage this.

Cheap gas prices make everyone complacent and less likely to look out for the future.

There is more to it than just the inconvenience of higher prices for the consumers. It can become a national security risk. Our military has planes, ships, tank and many other vehicles that need oil and gas. Not to mention ambulances and firetrucks. You want to be dependant on the nutcases in the middle east for oil? People have been trying to find alternative energy sources for decades and even if we got down to $.99/gallon gas again we will still need an alternative source because oil is not going to last forever. Whatever company finally finds the true alternative energy source will be wealthy beyond imagination.

I just disagree that we must punish ourselves in order to prove a point.

• Members

Originally posted by NuSkoolTone

Ok, but how much fossil fuel must be consumed to produce enough electricity to charge that car? I have read some articles that state that electric cars are actually more inefficient because of the amount of energy required to charge them.

• Members

Originally posted by bstaley

There is more to it than just the inconvenience of higher prices for the consumers. It can become a national security risk. Our military has planes, ships, tank and many other vehicles that need oil and gas. Not to mention ambulances and firetrucks. You want to be dependant on the nutcases in the middle east for oil? People have been trying to find alternative energy sources for decades and even if we got down to $.99/gallon gas again we will still need an alternative source because oil is not going to last forever. Whatever company finally finds the true alternative energy source will be wealthy beyond imagination.

I just disagree that we must punish ourselves in order to prove a point.

I definitely agree we should get off the middle east oil....that's been bad news for a long time now.

We should be independent when it comes to oil...however, nobody is going to bother looking into alternate energy sources with cheap gas prices....it's just not going to happen.

This country is not pro-active at all when it comes to any kind of issue....oil and alternative energy is no exception.

Archived