Where is the New Orleans International Relief?

SGB

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Random quote from islam forum:

The events in the U.S. are a perfect example of the Power of the Almighty. For all of the crimes against God's people, not just in Iraq and Afghanistan , but, across the globe, the United States of America now must face the misery it has bestowed unto others. It is a sorrowful sight in the Gulf Coast area,, but, it does not compare to the human factor used by the Americans with reference to the desruction and devastation of Iraqis and Afghanistan.

Anyways..... I think I heard my mom say that Bush Sr and Clinton were going to campaign for international relief. I don't know where she got that information from. Probably a soap opera.

But... no american should complain about lack of international relief without himself making a donation.
My girlfriend and I are donating $30 between the two of us.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8971977/

http://www.irteams.org/

• Members

If we can't help ourselves we're {censored}ed as a nation, plain and simple.

There are people dying in the shelters and still no one there to help them. This happened what 3 days ago? We still have no help down there. Total failure on FEMA and the City of New Orleans.

• Members

It's sad as hell that WE don't have more relief down there already for those people. Way too much time has passed. They need food, water, and a way out of that hell hole. There doesn't seem to be any problem getting reporters and cameras down there, where's the {censored}ing food and water?
Now you have the retards down there shooting at the people trying to help them. What a mess!
Jerry

• Members

Originally posted by jaybird

Environmentalists don't want to disturb the penguins and carribou. I say, Chilly Willy, Moose and Squirel can go {censored} themselves, we're comin' for the oil! Then we can get out of that hellhole called the middle east.

You do realize that there are no Penguins in Alaska right? And what do we do when there is no more oil left to drill. One day everyone will be plugging in their cars. Probably won't happen in our lifetime though.

• Members
Originally posted by SGB

I for one think that it's appalling that when any natural disaster occurs in the rest of the world that nations jump at the chance to come to the aid of the people involved in the disaster. The United States is always the nation that gives the most in these situations! When the tsunami hit in the pacific we even got criticized by Muslim nations (and there biggest supporters, U.S. Democrats!!) because according to them we weren't giving enough or giving fast enough to satisfy them! So I ask everyone on the board, where are the pledges from other nations to help with OUR disaster? Does anyone know of even one offer to help from any nation?? I haven't heard a peep!
:rolleyes:

I'm sorry you're deaf and blind. Help is already on the way.

But this is what baffles me
Bush at first stated: help is great, but we can handle the situation.
A few hours back I heard an official statement on the news that the US was now "accepting" help :rolleyes: . This political protectionisme isn't exactly very inviting. Other nations will be more than happy to help, just like the tsunami disaster, if you doubt that, you have a very messed up image of the world.

• Members

Personally I can't believe the attitudes of people around me and in general!

When Tsunami happened, people were up and at em to give as much as they could - {censored} some lady over here even sold her house to give the proceeds to the Tsunami fund.

IMHO, I don't see how the devastation of New Orleans is different. But the general attitude is {censored} em! I can't believe it. One guy even said today "Well they knew it was coming, if they were too stupid to leave then they deserved it"... how about "too handicapped to leave or didn't have a {censored}ing SUV to leave in?"

Seriously, if there was any sort of fund being raised for this, I'd quite happily give as much as I did for the Tsunami fund.

Jon

• Members

I believe that we can help ourselves. We don't need help from the rest of the world. We have always managed to rebuild. It is our way.

As for the FEMA and NO comment... so why don't you go show them how it's done? You have obviously never lived through a hurricane. You cannot prepare for an event like that. In reality, a several kiloton bomb just went off in our Gulf Coast. Now all that

• Members
Originally posted by jaybird

Environmentalists don't want to disturb the penguins and carribou. I say, Chilly Willy, Moose and Squirel can go {censored} themselves, we're comin' for the oil! Then we can get out of that hellhole called the middle east.

LMAO!!! ++++++1 :D

• Members

Originally posted by SFW

I believe that we can help ourselves. We don't need help from the rest of the world. We have always managed to rebuild. It is our way.

That's bull{censored}. When something like this happens you use all the help you can get. {censored} pride.

People are dehydrating on the roofs of their houses waiting for help, people are dying as we speak because there's not enough help and worst of all, people are apparently prepared to kill relatives for a bag of ice!!!

Gerhard Schr

• Members

What scares me is people's attitude in general. Alot of ppl in here even giving a big "F U" to the rest of the world. Well that's fine, but what about the people over there? WHY NOT HELP OTHER PEOPLE? Whether its new orleans, california, australie or taiwan. If people would just give a damn...

• Members

have you looked at an electric bill lately or a water bill? if the electric car took place or a hybrid water an electricity would be so high it would be insane. you can`t drink gasoline

Originally posted by danyeo

Once everyone is driving an electric car we can all give a big {censored} YOU to the MiddleEast. Thanks for the bussiness, SEE YA.
[/quote

• Members
Originally posted by -=MYK=-

Oil in Alaska...

A few words from our sponsor....

There.Is.Not.Enough.

I don't know man....I've heard that there's supposedly loads up there --- my understanding is that the main problem has been the strength of the environmentalist lobby :(

• Members
Originally posted by Shawn Lutz

If we can't help ourselves we're {censored}ed as a nation, plain and simple.

There are people dying in the shelters and still no one there to help them. This happened what 3 days ago? We still have no help down there. Total failure on FEMA and the City of New Orleans.

++++++++1 on that.

I was watching this thing unfold with my mouth agape in NJ all Sunday night! Today is {censored}ing Thursday and all they need are BUSSES!

I heard on the news today that a hospital boat was leaving Baltimore today, and should arrive at NOLA NEXT FRIDAY!!!

Everyone will be either gone or dead by then!

I"m sorry, but this thing is turning into a cluster{censored}. I know the town very well, and I know it's hard to deal with on a GOOD day, but it does not seem to me that getting people out of the Superdome AT LEAST should have been done by now.

The snipers...now that's a different story.

This breaks my heart so badly.

I called the Red Cross to see about Cell Phone donations and they could not help me. I found out who does it up here and it's www.phones4life.com. I was appalled that the RC could not direct me, I sent them the info so hopefully someone else will learn about it.

If you guys have cell phones that you're not using (we all do) check www.phones4life.com and see if there is a drop-off point for them.

Otherwise, you can mail them to Somerset, NJ.

• Members

Listen to what your own people are saying dickheads.

Earlier, President George W. Bush said in a television interview that the United States could take care of itself.

"I'm not expecting much from foreign nations because we hadn't asked for it. I do expect a lot of sympathy and perhaps some will send cash dollars. But this country's going to rise up and take care of it," Bush told ABC's "Good Morning America."

McCormack said there had not been a change of position over accepting foreign aid and White House spokesman Scott McClellan also said the United States would take up offers of help.

The State Department said offers so far had come from Belgium, Canada, Russia, Japan, France, Germany, Britain, China, Australia, Jamaica, Honduras, Greece, Venezuela, the Organization of American States, NATO, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Greece, the Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Mexico, South Korea, Israel and the United Arab Emirates.

Assistance ranged from medical teams, boats, aircraft, tents, blankets, generators and cash donations.

happy?????????????????? Countries ARE offering - maybe your TV fails to show this??
:confused: :confused: :confused:

• Members
Originally posted by SGB

I for one think that it's appalling that when any natural disaster occurs in the rest of the world that nations jump at the chance to come to the aid of the people involved in the disaster. The United States is always the nation that gives the most in these situations! When the tsunami hit in the pacific we even got criticized by Muslim nations (and there biggest supporters, U.S. Democrats!!) because according to them we weren't giving enough or giving fast enough to satisfy them! So I ask everyone on the board, where are the pledges from other nations to help with OUR disaster? Does anyone know of even one offer to help from any nation?? I haven't heard a peep!
:rolleyes:

The United Nations gave a statement. Translated from diplomatic talk into normal speach it went something like this.

Goodluck {censored}en dumb-ass moron, sucker. And by the way {censored} your mother too.

Archived