Where is the New Orleans International Relief?

SGB

• Members

I for one think that it's appalling that when any natural disaster occurs in the rest of the world that nations jump at the chance to come to the aid of the people involved in the disaster. The United States is always the nation that gives the most in these situations! When the tsunami hit in the pacific we even got criticized by Muslim nations (and there biggest supporters, U.S. Democrats!!) because according to them we weren't giving enough or giving fast enough to satisfy them! So I ask everyone on the board, where are the pledges from other nations to help with OUR disaster? Does anyone know of even one offer to help from any nation?? I haven't heard a peep!:rolleyes:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by SGB

I for one think that it's appalling that when any natural disaster occurs in the rest of the world that nations jump at the chance to come to the aid of the people involved in the disaster....

....So I ask everyone on the board, where are the pledges from other nations to help with OUR disaster? Does anyone know of even one offer to help from any nation?? I haven't heard a peep!
:rolleyes:

Rumor has it that the G.W.Bush, President of the US is setting up a committee to handle this. Ken Lay will be the chairman, and Haliburton will manage the funds. Plan should be implemented as soon as W and Cheney return to the office from their vacations. I think you can sleep tight, at least for now.

• Members
Originally posted by SGB

I for one think that it's appalling that when any natural disaster occurs in the rest of the world that nations jump at the chance to come to the aid of the people involved in the disaster....

....So I ask everyone on the board, where are the pledges from other nations to help with OUR disaster? Does anyone know of even one offer to help from any nation?? I haven't heard a peep!

Rumor has it that the G.W.Bush, President of the US is setting up a committee to handle this. Ken Lay will be the chairman, and Haliburton will manage the funds. Plan should be implemented as soon as W and Cheney return to the office from their vacations. I think you can sleep tight, at least for now.

• Members
Originally posted by SGB

I for one think that it's appalling that when any natural disaster occurs in the rest of the world that nations jump at the chance to come to the aid of the people involved in the disaster. The United States is always the nation that gives the most in these situations! When the tsunami hit in the pacific we even got criticized by Muslim nations (and there biggest supporters, U.S. Democrats!!) because according to them we weren't giving enough or giving fast enough to satisfy them! So I ask everyone on the board, where are the pledges from other nations to help with OUR disaster? Does anyone know of even one offer to help from any nation?? I haven't heard a peep!

We've seriously never seen this brought up nor debunked it either. Seriously. Never. Seen. This. Posted. Before. Ever. Seriously. Ever.

• Members

I think it's time to pick up the political philosophy of our 1st great President, the original "G", George Washington. His basic premise was to try to stay out of other countries affairs, and stay focused on ourselves. If we gave the rest of the world the big "F U", kept our aid money and spent in on our own country, I'd think we'd be better off overall.

There always is the problem of obtaining oil, nuclear fuel, and cheap slave labor to make our Levi's cheap, but oh well, it's nice to dream...

• Members

Originally posted by SGB

Oooooooookkkkkkk. Amusing but I don't get the point.

If you found it amusing then that was the point. And just because you don't "hear" a peep about aid to the US it doesn't mean the it's not happening. What are your sources about "hearing" about things. Remember, the American press doesn't like to report good news. They want people like you to be be pissed off about this subject. We have lots of allies that will help us out. But i won't hold my breath for a second that France will give the US a dime.

• Members

Originally posted by jaybird

I think it's time to pick up the political philosophy of our 1st great President, the original "G", George Washington. His basic premise was to try to stay out of other countries affairs, and stay focused on ourselves. If we gave the rest of the world the big "F U", kept our aid money and spent in on our own country, I'd think we'd be better off overall.

There always is the problem of obtaining oil, nuclear fuel, and cheap slave labor to make our Levi's cheap, but oh well, it's nice to dream...

Once everyone is driving an electric car we can all give a big {censored} YOU to the MiddleEast. Thanks for the bussiness, SEE YA.

• Members

Originally posted by jaybird

Isolationism was the policy of hte United States until, oh... World War II. only the first 165 years.

• Members
Originally posted by danyeo

Once everyone is driving an electric car we can all give a big {censored} YOU to the MiddleEast. Thanks for the bussiness, SEE YA.

Or...if it's true that there is so much oil in Alaska, we could start drilling and support ourselves too :)

• Members
Originally posted by g0lp

Or...if it's true that there is so much oil in Alaska, we could start drilling and support ourselves too
:)

Environmentalists don't want to disturb the penguins and carribou. I say, Chilly Willy, Moose and Squirel can go {censored} themselves, we're comin' for the oil! Then we can get out of that hellhole called the middle east.

• Members

Originally posted by thehanses

Led Zeppelin is, by far, the greatest band of all time. If they were all still around, we never would have had this problem.

I agree. They were the greatest ever. Their music was so great that it actually overshadowed their ability to prognosticate such events. Apparently, all the storm victims will be going to Chicago....

When the Levee Breaks

---------------------

If it keeps on rainin', levee's going to break

If it keeps on rainin', levee's going to break

A-when the levee breaks, have no place to stay

Mean old levee, taught me to weep and moan and moan

Mean old levee, taught me to weep and moan

It's got what it takes to make a mountain-man leave his home

Oh, well-a, oh, well-a, oh, well-a, ooh-ooh

A-don't it make ya feel bad

when you're tryin' to find your way home

and ya don't know which way to go

If you're goin' down south and they've no work to do

then ya go north to Chicago, ah, 'eah, 'eah, hey

Cryin' won't help ya, prayin' won't do ya no good

Now, cryin' won't help ya, prayin' won't do ya no good

A-when the levee breaks, mama, you got to move, a-woo-hoo

All last night, sat on the levee and moaned

All last night, sat on the levee and moaned

Thinkin' 'bout my baby and my happy home, oh-hoh

Ah-ah-ah, ah-ah-ah, ah-ah-ah, ha

Ah-ah-ah, ah-ah-ah, ah-ah-ah, ha

Oh, oh

Goin', I'm goin' to Chicago, goin' to Chicago

Sorry, but I can't take you

Goin' down, goin' down, now, goin' down, a-goin' down, now

Goin' down, goin' down, goin' down, goin' down, yeahh

Goin' down, goin' down, now, goin' down, goin' down, now

Goin' down, goin' down, now, goin' down

Canadians, Sending Their Syrup Down

Goin' down, down, down, down, down

Ain't No Foreign Relief Agencies, Goin' To Help Us Out...

Ooh-woo-ooh, ooh-woo-ooh

• Members

would you like the Masai to send more cattle, like they did after the WTC attacks?

there are efforts worldwide to organize aid. Venezuela, Saudi Arabia, Switzerland, Canada, Austria, and many others are organizing efforts, as well as lots of individual citizens worldwide offering help.

just because you're not hearing about it doesn't mean it's not happening. bitching about it makes you no different than the people who were bitching about not getting enough help from us after the tsunami, so shut the hell up.

• Members
Originally posted by bullhead

Isolationism was the policy of hte United States until, oh... World War II. only the first 165 years.

Isolationism, yeah that's what got us Texas and the entire southwest all the way to California, Puerto Rico, Guam, the Phillipines (until we granted them independance,) etc, etc, etc...

Oh yeah, and there was that little known event called The Great War until it was superceded by WWII...

Yeah, prior to 1941 we were global a global wallflower.:rolleyes:

Archived