Just a quick little demothing.

Tomkeen

• Members

So I wanted to record a little demo of my new Korg TR-rack. It didn't turn out to be just TR however... I recorded a simple song using the TR-rack, PC3x and Blofeld. Here it is:

http://www.box.net/shared/qdh11yek1y

It's just 5 tracks, everything played by hand (fingerdrummed the drums). I know it's not the best piece of music ever, but whatever, I had fun recording and playing it :).

Vocal pad and drums: Tr-rack

Piano and Hammond: PC3x

Annoying over-the-top lead: Blofeld

Let me know what you think :wave:

• Members

That is most excellent Tom! I love it. It's right up there with my musical tastes.

Even those mid-90s over-the-top drums sound good in the context of the music you're playing. The vocal pad also adds to the overall experience. And the piano ending being very much detached from the rest of the song gives it a very progressive feel in the vein of Marillion and the likes... Did I mention that I really enjoyed this?!!!111

I'm on repeat now...

• Members

I really like the intro of this and the beginning synth solo. I'd like to hear the synth runs in the middle edited a bit to allow your piano room to breathe, too much of a good thing is well...too much of a good thing.:lol:

When you brought the organ into the mix I thought it fit in quite well and my ears were pleasantly surprised and as CR said I really like the way the piano finished out the song.

Good blend of textures, I know you said this was a quickie but I think if you spent a little more time with it you have the foundation for a song.:)

• Members

I really like the intro of this and the beginning synth solo. I'd like to hear the synth runs in the middle edited a bit to allow your piano room to breathe, too much of a good thing is well...too much of a good thing.
:lol:

Yeah you're right. I was in a shreddy kinda mood :p.

I might do something with this idea, cut down the leadsolo a bit, bring in some guitars (as soon as a guitarplayer I know comes by) and add bass. Maybe even vocals at some point, since I want to try writing lyrics for a while now.

Thanks for the kind words!

• Members

Yeah you're right. I was in a shreddy kinda mood
:p

I might do something with this idea, cut down the leadsolo a bit, bring in some guitars (as soon as a guitarplayer I know comes by) and add bass. Maybe even vocals at some point, since I want to try writing lyrics for a while now.

Thanks for the kind words!

Don't listen to him. It was fine, there's nothing wrong with throwing a run here and there as long as you have a good melody going, which you did.

It wasn't that shreddy...

• Members

So I wanted to record a little demo of my new Korg TR-rack. It didn't turn out to be just TR however... I recorded a simple song using the TR-rack, PC3x and Blofeld. Here it is:

http://www.box.net/shared/qdh11yek1y

It's just 5 tracks, everything played by hand (fingerdrummed the drums). I know it's not the best piece of music ever, but whatever, I had fun recording and playing it
:)

Vocal pad and drums: Tr-rack

Piano and Hammond: PC3x

Annoying over-the-top lead: Blofeld

Let me know what you think
:wave:

I missed this earlier... Nice chops, cool and smooth vibe... I rate this Excellent. :thu:

• Members

If anyone is interested, here is a recording I did with a drummer, bass player and guitarist last year (might be longer ago, I don't remember). It's a very proggy piece, recorded with only 2 mics in a fairly big hall, so the quality is not really good. I used a Korg R3 for the leadpart and bells. The drummer bought that a few days before as his first synth. Piano is Fusion, Hammond NE2 rack and the FMpad at the end is Fusion too.

http://www.box.net/shared/r9sthlj6xs

I hope the other guys don't mind me posting this, but since I don't speak to any of them anymore (or very rarely) I'm sure they won't mind.

Archived