KSS Survey: Collecting data for class!

Gatorkeys

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ah yes, a dichotomous nominal variable. This will allow you to practice different types of statistical tests.

I encourage the HC community to respond to the survey and help a fellow member out.

best,

swandiver.

Hey, thanks!

• Members

1.What is the total approximate estimated value of your owned gear currently? $2k

2. How many years since you chose to start playing/creating music/taking an active interest in this direction?

25 (eek)

3. Do you feel limited by your current gear? (Yes or no)

No (time / talent are bigger limitations)

• Members

1. 40-50k+ (cost basis)

2. 45 years (had music lessons before that, but the Beatles on Sullivan at age 8 was the turning point)

3. No, although I wish I could see more "chops improvement" as other other guys have indicated - as for the studio, constantly studying and learning.

• Members

Thanks so much guys, I'm almost where I need to be as far as data collection goes! I don't want to install bias, but please especially respond if you DO feel limited by your gear! lol, I need to try to keep the Qualitative levels somewhat even.

• Members

:wave:
I need to gather a data set of at least 50 samples for my statistics class, but I could gather any sort of data that I wanted! Could you guys help me out here and just answer 3 short questions? I'll let you know what I come up with based on the data, assuming its of any interest. Depending on the response here, I may have to survey some other boards as well.

1.What is the total approximate estimated value of your owned gear currently?
(ROMplers, synths, organs, pianos, epianos, grooveboxes, software, sequencers, samplers, etc.
:blah:
Any keys related stuff that you make music with)

2. How many years since you chose to start playing/creating music/taking an active interest in this direction?
(i.e. Don't count childhood lessons that you were just dragged to)

3. Do you feel limited by your current gear?
(Yes or no)

1. $20,000

2. 13 years

3. No. This is the happiest I've been with my gear since my 1999-2001 timeframe.

Oops! I'm too late. :facepalm:

Archived