Test of Roland's V-PIANO and new PHA-III keyboard.

bmichels

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This thread is now about how awesome Fresno is.
:thu:

http://www.fresno.gov/default.htm

It's my pleasure to welcome you to the official website for the City of Fresno. I'm extremely proud to be Mayor of California's fifth largest city, home to strong neighborhoods, good schools, beautiful parks, vibrant culture, and a rich entrepreneurial spirit. And, let's not forget that Fresno boasts over 300 days of sunshine each year

• Members

I think you have to be Iranian to not consider this torturous.

Are you {censored}ing insane! That was awesome. Eh, to each his own. I love middle eastern music, modes, technique, approach. It's just different, not inferior.

• Members

Got to play one today at the local GC ... $6k ... ??? Whew !!!

Hard to judge the sound since it was hooked up to a PA (??? ... didn't really look but should have ... ) that did not seem worthy of the V's pricetage or abilities, I guess ...

As for the feel ... I'm just weird ... I prefer synth action for playing da grand ...

• Members

I can tell you that I did not get it for that cheap, but did for a significant amount less than $5995. Please, no one ask me for how much...you're on your own there.

What a dick. What's the point in being coy, let alone snooty? :lol:

• Members

Oh, and Greg, if you do just happen to, ooooh saaaay, buy a V-Piano at any point, Stacey and I would love to take your RD700GX off your hands......... probably around tax return time though, hehe.

(That MEK capped my GAS for at least a few months......... in fact she'd probably kill me for saying the above, but she knows the RD700GX pwns ;))

• Members

I finally played the V-Piano. It was connected to 4 Genelec powered monitors and was set to the full ambience mode (the "best" sounding mode).

I was so hoping to love this thing. I thought I'd be blown away, yet I wasn't.

I do like the PHA-III keys. It's not as different from the PHA-II as I was expecting. I was expecting a completely reworked, more piano-like feel. While it might not be all that different, it's still IMO the best feeling piano available. It had a lighter touch than expected.

It was the sound that really didn't do it for me. It sounds good, just not fantastic. It sounds much better than Pianoteq. It does sound real, yet even with adjustments to the onboard EQ, it seems to be missing that "holy crap" element that I would expect from a piano that costs this much.

While the modeling aspects, and dynamics might be unparalleled - I don't think it sounds as good as NI or Synthogy.

• Members
I finally played the V-Piano. It was connected to 4 Genelec powered monitors and was set to the full ambience mode (the "best" sounding mode).

I was so hoping to love this thing. I thought I'd be blown away, yet I wasn't.

I do like the PHA-III keys. It's not as different from the PHA-II as I was expecting. I was expecting a completely reworked, more piano-like feel. While it might not be all that different, it's still IMO the best feeling piano available. It had a lighter touch than expected.

It was the sound that really didn't do it for me. It sounds good, just not fantastic. It sounds much better than Pianoteq. It does sound real, yet even with adjustments to the onboard EQ, it seems to be missing that "holy crap" element that I would expect from a piano that costs this much.

While the modeling aspects, and dynamics might be unparalleled - I don't think it sounds as good as NI or Synthogy.

"Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianoman1976
Yes, that is exactly what will happen.

Roland Product Support has confirmed the V-Piano retail as $5995, and the release date sometime this May.

Full Compass will be selling it for $4199, but won't advertise this price until the release. "

Aw dyam, so you are not able to buy it for $4199 from Full Compass this summer ?
:D

• Members
"Quote:

Roland Product Support has confirmed the V-Piano retail as $5995, and the release date sometime this May.

Full Compass will be selling it for $4199, but won't advertise this price until the release. "

Aw dyam, so you are not able to buy it for $4199 from Full Compass this summer ?

:D

:) :poke:

• Members

$4200 is dealer cost, so I would aim for $4300-$4500.

I'm going to pass on the V-Piano.

Quote:

=============================================

oh, so now you are aiming ?

( ducking )

• Members
any dealer that sells something for a margin of less than 10% would go out of biz within a year.

:facepalm:

Don't car dealers sell vehicles at $100 over invoice?

My experience is that I can absoltuley get this kind of deal. Retailers don't exactly love doing it, but they will to keep me from taking my business elsewhere.

I pay 30% off retail on every piece of equipment I have ever purchased.

• Members

i guess what i meant to say was if everyone would try to get their stuff at less than 10% profit the dealers would go out of biz-there is a certain amount of cost involved in running a biz and a 10% profit simply doesnt cover it.

Archived