Alternative for Badcat amp

cacheek

• Members

Originally posted by cacheek

Hmmm . . . I have a Peavey Classic 50 2x12. My Boss Bluesdriver sounds awesome through it, but I've been looking for a Porcupine Tree sounding amp.

dude just pick up the pedal and run it though the PV. thast a good sounding amp...try it through the loop as well.

• 9 months later...
  • Members

Originally posted by MorganBucks

The sound and the schematic is close(closer to a Matchless). Nails the the cleans not as versatile but very agressive OD!

I owned the V16, and while it was a solid little amp for a good price, it wasn't really all that Matchless sounding to me, which is why I stepped up and bought an AC30.

Hayseed makes handbuilts for almost the same price as the AC30 and it's basically a copy. I wish I knew about that before I bought my AC30.

• Members

Originally posted by AtarisPunk29

I owned the V16, and while it was a solid little amp for a good price, it wasn't really all that Matchless sounding to me, which is why I stepped up and bought an AC30.

Hayseed makes handbuilts for almost the same price as the AC30 and it's basically a copy. I wish I knew about that before I bought my AC30.

The company that makes those is "Valvetech" the Hayseed is the name of their AC30 model.

• Members
Originally posted by cacheek

Any have suggestions for an amp that sounds badcat hotcatish without actually buying a that amp? It's so expensive! I particularly like the hard drive

One of the most Voxy sounding amps on a budget is the Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20. Very sweet overdriven Vox/Matchless/Bad Cat tone. Otherwise,the Mesa Mav and Laney VC30 are somewhere between a Vox and Marshall tonally.

• Members

Originally posted by tlbonehead

One of the most Voxy sounding amps on a budget is the Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20. Very sweet overdriven Vox/Matchless/Bad Cat tone. Otherwise,the Mesa Mav and Laney VC30 are somewhere between a Vox and Marshall tonally.

I'll second that. I had one, killer amp for the price, AND I had a Bad Cat X-treme tone at the same time. Very, very cool combination.

Archived