The Official FIFA World Cup 2006 Football Thread ...

P90DSL

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
5-21%20landon.jpg

the hope of the US rests squarely on this man

(he took this pic of himself on my cellphone after a LA Galaxy game)

and with names like McBride, Reyna, Beasley, Fletcher, Johnson, Kasey Keller, Bocanegra, Specter, and Howard assisting him on the pitch, we are looking pretty darn strong this time around.

I would definitely say this is the best US team we have ever fielded.

• Members

Brazil should make it to the final, no problem, but Germany will win it probably. They've been playing badly on qualifiers, and friendlies, but WC competition is a different thing.

I also like the way England plays...they have the players, and the spirit. I hope they do well next year.

We mexicans can only aspire to the 2nd round, and loose on penalties as we always do.
We did ok on the Confederations Cup this past summer though.:rolleyes:

• Members
Originally posted by hermit

we need need to improve our team work, go back to the system we used in Japan-Korea but with the new generation of players. volve Bielsa!

Lionel Messi >>

45482_1.jpg

I think Riquelme is the key for Argentina. He's probably as important as Rooney is for us.

Good to see Maradona's health has improved. Best. Footballer. Ever. :thu: For a team that has caused us so much heartache in previous World Cups, I have a real soft spot for Argentina...

• Members
Originally posted by walfordr

There have been 9 world cups in Europe.

8 were won by European teams (Brazil are the only team to win "away" from a continental perspective)

4 were won by the host country

3 were won by Germany

My money is on Germany.

that doesnt mean much, though...

Im not a soccer fan but it was awesome to watch. (Im more into Aussie rules football).

i think 800 000 more people were watching during the penalty shoot-out than were watching the AFL grand final! (which sydney one :p ...well thats probably why...)

'the world game' is becoming even more-a global!!

• Members

Can't wait... I have tix for Dortmund (don't know what game until Dec.9th). I think the US team is going to surprise a few people. Also the Czech republic is not to be underestimated. Of course with teams like Holland, France, Brasil, Argentina, England Italy etc... you can't really predict who will win. I hope Germany will play great soccer this time around, if they do I hope they'll win. If not: may the best win.

I'm really proud about the stadiums though: they are awesome! Everytime I go watch a game here in Hanover I admire the stadium more then paying attention to the game. :D

• Members
Originally posted by Skirmish

I'm really proud about the stadiums though: they are awesome! Everytime I go watch a game here in Hanover I admire the stadium more then paying attention to the game.
:D

+1

The Alliance Stadium is awesome. I love the way the lighting changes the exterior colour between Red, White and Blue depending on who is playing there.

And the Westfallen Stadium holds great memories for me. Was there in 2001 to see Liverpool win the Uefa cup :D

• Members

There have been 9 world cups in Europe.

8 were won by European teams (Brazil are the only team to win "away" from a continental perspective)

4 were won by the host country

3 were won by Germany

My money is on Germany.

There will be alot of presure on the German team ... :thu: ... but I'm with you ...

• Members
Originally posted by Knut E Evenmo

You`ll love it, because it KICKS ASS!!!

I was there in `98.

FAN-{censored}ING-TASTIC experience!
:)

One day I'm going to Wacken Open Air ... next year I' going to the Bang-Your-Head-Festival ... that a metal fest too ... I'm going for 3. time now ... there are more than 20 band playing there ... Europe is headlining next year ... and I'm going to see Y&T there next year too ... check out

http://www.bang-your-head.de

:thu:

• Members

Neither Irish team will be there, so I really couldnt give a crap.

Even friggin Danmark didnt qualify.

I'll resort back to supporting whoever England is playing.

I sincerely hope that pack of woofters get a thrashing every game they play.

Knut is right, Football is so boring now anyway....

• Members
Originally posted by P90DSL

There will be alot of presure on the German team ...
:thu:
... but I'm with you ...

Hey, there's pressure on everyone! If any player does not feel pressure playing for their country in the world cup, then he will certainly not be good enough to be picked!

• Members
Originally posted by Vigo1999

No, no my good german friend, absolutely not ;)

Get the picture: 1x1 Brasil x Germany on the final, 89min and Kurany's enter the area about to score, do you really think he gonna score??:D :D ;):D :D

Was saving to go there, but ticket prices running at 200EUR for one game is too much, gonna wait 'till 2014 to celebrate our 8th title at home winning Argentina to 4x1 at Maracan

• Members

Hey, there's pressure on everyone! If any player does not feel pressure playing for their country in the world cup, then he will certainly not be good enough to be picked!

Yeah your absolutly right ... but in your own country the presure i s much more ... if they get kicked out to early than the players have to go on a long vacation ... :D

• Members

Guten Tag. :wave:

Yay for Australia!!!

It's a weird feeling to actually be in the World Cup. Been following the 'socceroos' for as long as I can remember, and suffered all the heartbreaks along the way - the worst being the last two campaigns against Iran and Uruguay again. Don't know if this has even sunk in yet.

I almost shed a tear when Aloisi slotted home that last penalty...it was pretty emotional.

:o

:cool:

• Members
Originally posted by Future Shock

Guten Tag.
:wave:

Yay for Australia!!!

It's a weird feeling to actually be in the World Cup. Been following the 'socceroos' for as long as I can remember, and suffered all the heartbreaks along the way - the worst being the last two campaigns against Iran and Uruguay again. Don't know if this has even sunk in yet.

I almost shed a tear when Aloisi slotted home that last penalty...it was pretty emotional.

:o

:cool:

Gut Tag und Willkommen Australia ... :thu: yeah pretty emotional is what football can be ... specialy when penalty shooting ... I love those games ...

:love:

Archived