The Official FIFA World Cup 2006 Football Thread ...

P90DSL

• Members

Originally posted by Duesentrieb

Who? I've heard it is (naturally) Zidane.

Why naturally? Zidane only came out after the eliminatory stage, Cannavaro played all of the matches at top level. I think, as someone said, this is a kinda career award for Zidane (who is of course a great player).

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Duesentrieb

Sorry, but if defenders get this award then its time to rethink some general football rules to make the game more interesting and intense. IMO.

It still is amazing to see how the he treats the ball. Unbelieveable.

That's true, but Cannavaro played a perfect World Cup, he could have deserved the award. Anyway I agree, Zidane is still a fun to see.

• Members

i was thinking that if they used the replay system for hard fouls, they should red card them for diving as well as if the foul was truly flagrant.

and again, about c ronaldo, he seems to be diving more, but if you followed his play in the premiereship you'd know that 80 percent of the time, the guy flat out beats his defender and the only way they stop him is by fouling him...it's become the expected way to slow him down...and for a young talent like CR, the only way to protect himself is to take the fall.

henry may be more well rounded and the better finisher, but CR has some blinding moves and that "fake cross/cruyff turn to behind the back/cross-legged cross" thing he does is nuts...totally unstoppable. ronaldhino seemed to have left his bag of tricks at home this cup.

• Members
Originally posted by Vigo1999

In terms of quality of the games this was the worst World Cup that i ever saw (maybe 1990 . . .)
:mad:

you can count the good games in just one hand
:(

Agreed, after the first round the goals all but dried up.

I am quite dissapointed.

Again a defensive team won a major tournament, greeks won the Euro in 2004.

• Members
Originally posted by dogmikael

zidane yesterday

zidane already did it

I'd say both players (Zidane and Materazzi) got what they deserved (namely, a red card and a headbutt)

Just like there are bad losers and good losers, there can also be good winners and bad winners. It's time for the Italians to cheer and be proud, not to whine and point fingers.

IMHO, of course.

:wave:

• Members

Originally posted by Jaggery

Agreed, after the first round the goals all but dried up.

I am quite dissapointed.

Again a defensive team won a major tournament, greeks won the Euro in 2004.

italy was well rounded they had a strong offense as well as a strong defense.. they are known for their strong defense for the past 20 years but this team wasn't all defensive at all.. go watch some replays of the games...

Archived