The Official FIFA World Cup 2006 Football Thread ...

P90DSL

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by mentoneman

so is it true that totti will not be able to play the cup?

Unfortunately, looks like it'll end that way. They say he' s doin' his best, he' s starting doing some running again, but I don' t think he will be able to play his World Cup. Too bad, he was our major hope. Now we have to count on Buffon, Nesta, Cannavaro and Luca Toni.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Originally posted by jack83

Unfortunately, looks like it'll end that way. They say he' s doin' his best, he' s starting doing some running again, but I don' t think he will be able to play his World Cup. Too bad, he was our major hope. Now we have to count on Buffon, Nesta, Cannavaro and Luca Toni.

Dont forget del piero and zambrotta..key players in this years world cup..go italy:thu:

• Members
Originally posted by Mr 5150

And no, I am not under the illusion that we will win the world cup this time around. I don't think we have the Manager (he will pick the wrong team.....), nor the consistency to pull it off. I'm thinking first knockout game is as far as we'll go this time round.

The most depressing thing about the world cup this year? World cup songs, and the The 'Three Lions' song having to be edited and bought up to date

'Three Lions on a shirt...
Thirty Years of dreaming ...'

Its 40 now, but that should dull our spirits at all! I think as usual, its not a question of not having the talent to win the world cup, its the fact that we never pull our thumbs out untill we have to and we loose the stupidest games.

Did you see the last game against Argentina? If they can consistently perform like that, england could suprise some people, but we all know they wont :(

Im under no illusions, but it should be a good tournament

James

• Members
Originally posted by AgentOrange

The most depressing thing about the world cup this year? World cup songs, and the The 'Three Lions' song having to be edited and bought up to date

Its 40 now, but that should dull our spirits at all! I think as usual, its not a question of not having the talent to win the world cup, its the fact that we never pull our thumbs out untill we have to and we loose the stupidest games.

Did you see the last game against Argentina? If they can consistently perform like that, england could suprise some people, but we all know they wont
:(

James

hey, at least its no Ricky Martin song:D

• Members
Originally posted by AgentOrange

Did you see the last game against Argentina? If they can consistently perform like that, england could suprise some people, but we all know they wont
:(

James

Forget the WC-Songs ... they are mostly down the drain ...

Archived