Your favorite shredder?

danbronson

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members
Originally posted by danbronson

Mine's Paul Gilbert, since his picking's so tight and hard, it makes for that light-speed, aggressive sound he's known for. Most shredders sound so weak in comparison, but PG puts energy into his playing like no one else.

Also, I dig the fact that he doesn't water it down by trying to mix much of what he does with 'music'. If I want to hear songwriting skill, I can listen to Radiohead and he seems to be aware of that. So he just blazes across his guitar with insane alternate picking runs and arpeggios and makes no apologies.
:cool:

Oh, and his twisted sense of humor is a bonus -
www.paulgilbert.com

I disagree, I think Paul Gilbert can be one of the most musical and soulful guitarists out there when he wants to be. He does what people want to here from him, but when he did the Led Zep thin with Mike Portnoy he did one of the most convincing Page interpretations I've ever heard. Listen to his solo albums, there is a ton of quality song writing there that he messes up by turning every song into a joke. However put some seriousness into those songs and almost everyone could be a hit pop song.

I can't really claim a #1 favorite, my top 4 I like for different equally important reasons

Yngwie
Gilbert
Nuno......

Archived