What's Your Dream Amp? No Limits.

The Boogie Man

• Members

I'm not talking about some vintage or new amp out there or any thing that's modded.

BUT!

If you could have an amp built to the specks you wanted, custom made just for you. What would you want it to be like, what features would you put in it, what power and speaker, size, shape, grill, covering, construction materials, tubes or solid-state or both? What ever you wanted, here's your chance to share your ideas.

I'll go first. Remember it's only a dream.

My ideal amp would start with a Hand Wired Class A/B about 40 watts output using 2 6L6's cathode biased, and "dual driver tubes" switchable from one to the other, the lowgain side would be a 12AU7 the high gain a 12AX7. Dual Rectifier SS/5Y3. Classic tube Reverb would have 3 controls, Depth/Tone, Delay, and Volume. Channel switching preamp, one channel would be a high gain 12AX7 preamp and the other a high quality clean solid-state. Each channel with it's own 3 band EQ with a Gain and Master Volume control and individual Reverb level, a global FX loop with a level control, a volume Boost control on both channels and built in Tube Tremolo. Everything could be controled by a foot switch. 15" Jensen speaker W/ext speaker jack and XLR output. About 40 LBS 5/8 plywood with Brown Toltex covering with the main controls mounted on the front and the others on the back. Built with all high quality Mil Spc parts no plastic pots jacks or PC boards, something built to last a lifetime.

Well it's just dream go for it.....

• Members
Originally posted by Megadeth7684

A 5150 with the clean channel of a Fender Twin Reverb.
:thu:

PM - PRMike , He can make it happen.

For me I'd say Super Reverb cleans, 2nd channel slo, and third channel of the Herbert. fx loop, power scaling, maven peel sag circuit, the depth mod from Voodoo amps, A pre preamp effects loop fur using my sd-1 on just the lead channel, 7 band paremetric EQ, and umm a built in pick dispenser.

• Members
Originally posted by Tone Bone

An amp with these three channels:

Clean - Fender Blackface

Dirty - Marshall Plexi

High Gain - SLO

plus two tits and a hole, just kidding....
:D

No. You're not kidding. ;)

I'll take a 3 channel amp too
1- Piano clean like the Mako 2ch head to Fender breakup
2- Fender breakup to OD akin to Bogner Metro & Shiva
3- Shiva to Herbert Ch2, but interbred with an XTC & OD100

• Members

Well it would be a 4 channel, 40-50Watts, effects loop, master volume. Probably would go with 2 6L6's or 4 6V6's.

Channel 1: Fender/ Vox Clean
Channel 2: Vox Breakup, like an AC30 breakup sound
Channel 3: Marshall distortion, like a pushed JCM800 or a marshall silver jubilee
Channel 4: mesa mark IIC+ lead sound.

Archived