Regrets: which synth would you buy back?

JAW

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Okay, I'll play...

- ARP Odyssey (White Face)

- SCI Pro-One

- Yamaha CS-60 (I think I miss it more than any of these)

- Ensoniq SQ-2

- Ensoniq ASR-10

- Ensoniq VFX-SD

- Peavey DPM4

- Korg Karma (I know, I have a M3 but still miss it)

- Korg Wavestation EX (I now have the Legacy Digital Collection and that helps)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Money is really tight right now and while I've never sold a synth, I'm hoping I don't have to get desperate enough to sell one. :)

Casio SK1 (my first of course)

Roland JX-8P w/PG800 (got dirt cheap...maybe $250...thru an Iowa City paper ad in the late 90s)

Roland Juno 106 (friends with a music store owner and he had bought it from a lady who had it in an attic for 20 years)

I would probably sell the Juno before I would sell the 8P since it even has a Roland flight case. Yeah, synth, programmer, stand and flight case. It was a stupidly good deal.

• Members

When I got off the road in 1987 I needed cash to finish school so I sold ALL my gear to one guy from Ottawa. I remember he took some money out of his RRSP, drove down and bought everything.

Me (the dummy I was) said to him, "Well, since you're buying the whole lot, let me throw in this old useless Roland SH-5 in mint condition".

I miss that synth so bad, but the real regret I have is selling him my 8 voice, mint condition OB-Xa I bought from the keyboard player from a band called "Images in Vogue".

I sold a ton of {censored} back then, but those 2 boards I would "almost" give my left nut to get back.

I actually regret selling any gear, if I could go back in time, I wouldn't sell {censored}....EVER!

:wave:

• Members

When I got off the road in 1987 I needed cash to finish school so I sold ALL my gear to one guy from Ottawa. I remember he took some money out of his RRSP, drove down and bought everything.

Me (the dummy I was) said to him, "Well, since you're buying the whole lot, let me throw in this old useless Roland SH-5 in mint condition".

I miss that synth so bad, but the real regret I have is selling him my 8 voice, mint condition OB-Xa I bought from the keyboard player from a band called "Images in Vogue".

I sold a ton of {censored} back then, but those 2 boards I would "almost" give my left nut to get back.

I actually regret selling any gear, if I could go back in time, I wouldn't sell {censored}....EVER!

:wave:

We do what we have to do sometimes but it stinks. :cry:

• 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • Members

Traded my Motif 6 classic for a Kurzweil PC2. Missed my Motif but I really liked the Kurz. Sold three crappy old dead synths for parts (DX27, XP-50 and S-10) and with the cash I bought a Motif Rack. All in the same weekend... It feels like getting a PC2 for free while freeing up space. But now I've quit selling gear!

• Members

Sequential Pro-One

:cry:

I feel your pain bro'.

Selling that synth was my one big regret, but I don't spend too much time obsessing on it.

Life is too short for regrets.

I'm having fun with my new Ion, though -- which sits in the spot of my rig where the P1 once stood.

My 2nd regret was selling the DSS-1.

I will have that one back eventually, and it will be one with the new memory-stick mod, turning a nice VCF-filtered but teensy floppy-drive waveform+sample memory into an "analog M1".

• Members

Synth/Keyboards I sold and wish I had Back

- Rhodes Chroma w Expander

- Oberheim Xpander

- Minimoog Model D

- Rhodes 73 (2 of them)

- Hohner Clav D6 ( 3 of them)

- DX7, DX7 II FD ( 4 of them)

- Prophet VS Rackmount

- Super Jupiter W/ programmer

- Jupiter 6

- Roland JP8080

- ARP Odyssey ( 3 of them)

- ARP 2600

- Oberheim SEM

- EMU Orbit V3

- Korg EX8000 ( 2 of them)

- Korg Wavestation A/D

- Korg Z-1 with expansion board

- Sequential Studio 440

This was actually my list, my screen name got removed.

But Id add to that list:

Moog Voyager Blue, with CV expander and Control Processor, and 3 Moogerfoogers.

(2) SE-1X

and even they arent synths, I had to liquidate (2) 11 slot 500 series racks of goodies (Great River, BAE, API, BURL)

Times are tough all over.

Archived