ATTN: KSS Slackers!

ElectricPuppy

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It sure seems that way. Seriously, I didn't think I was pushing that hard, I mostly put this thread up as a joke. I sent him apologies via PM over the weekend, but...
:idk:

I figured you were just kidding. I assumed this whole thread was just in the vein of "good-natured ribbing". It's just that I haven't noticed FE around for the last few days.

Maybe he's just been busy this weekend.

I'm feeling like sending out a search party...he still owes me a beer (and vice-versa)...

• Members

:facepalm:

flat earth

If you have gone, you WILL be missed greatly

Also just noticed Gus is no longer a mod, when did that happen
:confused:

It's been a few weeks now. Gus stepped down so he could better concentrate on his projects, and he didn't want there to be a big fuss about it. He's still been posting here and there, though.

Hi, Gus! :wave:

Flat, if you're lurking... shoot me a PM, won't you please?

• Members

It's been a few weeks now. Gus stepped down so he could better concentrate on his projects, and he didn't want there to be a big fuss about it. He's still been posting here and there, though.

Hi, Gus!
:wave:

Flat, if you're lurking... shoot me a PM, won't you please?

Thanks EP. Knew Gus was still active. Good Luck Gus

:wave:

• Members

OK, so I was messing with the general idea of the organ track for Won't get fooled again in order to make this track to prove to a collegue that midi, cv/gate, or any other means of electronic sync is in fact unnecessary. It is possible to just sync on teh fly...

SH-101 WGFA

This was performed entirely on the SH-101 just for fun.

quiet EP, it's monday somewhere

• Members

I don't do deadlines.
:(

But fortunately, you get a song I've been working on that I just finished today. It's a short dreamy-sounding indie-electronic song about, well,
dreaming.

For the gear heads: Alesis Andromeda, Future Retro XS, EZDrummer, Kontakt (celesta), D-50, Omnisphere, Tone2 Gladiator, acoustic piano! Tons of effects! Actual vocals! Heavily auto-tuned vocals! (Thank God for Auto-Tune. My voice sucks.
:p
I need to get my wife, who actually can sing, involved in future tracks.)

Wow. I really enjoyed this. I like the assertive rhythm line at the opening, and the acoustic piano fits in beautifully. Several things came to mind as I was listening. First, I would want the vocal line brought forward a bit; it got a bit overpowered at times. Your voice isn't that bad. I don't have Auto-Tune; can it change the fundamental tonal quality of your voice? It's not like Mutator or Articulator, is it?

I don't know if you're familiar with Louise Tucker's song Midnight Blue (a link to the great song and awful video at YouTube). The male vocals on the song were by a guy named Charlie Skarbek. For some reason, your voice (at least the auto-tuned version ;)) reminds me of his. I can't put my finger on why.

I bring that up for another reason. As I listened to the track more than once, at around 2:10 I kept expecting the drum line to fade and the bass line to be brought forward just a bit - sort of like at the beginning of Midnight Blue, but maybe not to that extent. I liked that ending, though. It reminded me of some of Vangelis' passages from Chariots of Fire.

An aside, at around 1:00 and 2:00, can you really hit those lower notes, or is that also Auto-Tune? If so, my tenor voice is jealous. I can get so close.

Well, that's my 2

Archived