• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey, you!

(Yes.... you!
:mad:
)

You've been totally slackin' on the music posties lately. This is unacceptable. Record something new and post it! Your deadline is Monday.

Any regular poster that does not comply will be placed in a pool that I will randomly choose one member to drop the ban hammer on!*

Get crackin'!

(*Not really. But that'd be a good motivation, wouldn't it?
:D
)

I don't do deadlines. :(

But fortunately, you get a song I've been working on that I just finished today. It's a short dreamy-sounding indie-electronic song about, well, dreaming.

For the gear heads: Alesis Andromeda, Future Retro XS, EZDrummer, Kontakt (celesta), D-50, Omnisphere, Tone2 Gladiator, acoustic piano! Tons of effects! Actual vocals! Heavily auto-tuned vocals! (Thank God for Auto-Tune. My voice sucks. :p I need to get my wife, who actually can sing, involved in future tracks.)

• Members

Metro, here's my entirely uneducated "constructive" criticism, no particular priority:

- By the time 2:20 rolls around, I felt like something needed to be changed-up. Maybe drop a voice, add a different one with a different rhythm?
- I like that the overall loop is 6 bars instead of the usual 8.
- The point at where the bass arp loops is kind of jarring; The echos don't carry over.
- The voice-over clip competes for low-end and muddies things up; It could stand to have a lot of low cut applied.
- I wonder if this could use some light side-chain compression from the kick?
- It starts and ends kind of abruptly.

...please don't hurt me.

• Members

So I'll post my comments to what's been posted:

xpander: That was amusing, in a if-power noise-was-silly way. :)

ChirstianRock: Cool Doctor Who cover. :)

MetroSonus: Real good start. :) Like the sounds and whatnot. Yeah, it needs a chorus changeup and maybe some vocals or something, but it definitely could develop nicely.

r05c03: Very electro-style nice.

Tomkeen: Pretty good. :) Yeah, the timing is off, but the tune is nice. I like the prog-style leads and sonics.

Doug: I am jealous of your singing ability. :) Nice tune.

Purity Control: Good deal to beat the rush. :) Yeah, recording a separate track seems to be a must for Youtube videos though...

EvilDragon: The rhythm's a little weird to me (I dunno why) but I dig the key sounds and the tune. :)

Allerian: Dark ambient awesome. :) I'm impressed.

Awake77: Nice minimal electro type stuff. :)

• Members

you could very well big the biggest surprise of all, right next to doug. he does not sound like he looks like he would sound and i mean that as a compliment :eek:

me, i'd be all "sweet caroline, board you spaceship for distant shores..." :lol: didnt you do the who and not CR? :idk: that was a suprise coming from either one off you.

• Members

T'wasn't me, must have been CR; I haven't yet recorded my voice for anything. I can't stand how I sound when I hear myself...

In other news, here's one last piece of nonsense for the weekend:

Duckfoot

Drums: Session Drummer (came with Sonar)
Bass: layered PEK and Virus TI
Clav: Motif Rack
Leads: Virus TI

I think I really really really need one of those new Korg SV-1's. :D

Archived