ATTN: KSS Slackers!

ElectricPuppy

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't dare sing.
:wave:
I think "seasick cat in heat with tonsilitis" might be the best way to describe my voice.

I hate my voice too; too often, however, vocals make a pop song. Even with nonsensical lyrics and lame singing. I have to force myself a bit on those parts.

My encouragement is, well, the rest of the pop world. :) During a test I did, I came away thinking, "ugh, that sounded as awful as Modest Mouse". But hey, Modest Mouse hasn't done too badly with that awful voice, right? :lol:

I, too, approve of the Duckfoot funk, btw.

• Members

"constructive" criticism, no particular priority

to officially address your concerns, it's all stuff i take issue with myself so that's some good cross validation. I'll have to record the baseline dry and put effects after that, i dont see much way around it. Another thing i hate is the small lag in the delay in some parts. I thought I was timing it well, but there's a noticeable gap towards the end, i was trying to let the buffer sort of hang there for effect and pick up before it ended, but i missed the gap.

i usually write by the book, you know 4 bars hats, then kick, 8 bar change ect. but a good producer friend of mine has been giving me some tips i've been trying. so i tried to do it backwards on that one, just play what you feel, then go back and pull it into a structure. im' trying to go for a more expressive approach because most of the time i won't even touch the keyboard and i'll just paint in a i,iv,v and im' trying to break the habit.

• Members

Yeah, I love syncopation
:)
Coming from progressive rock/metal background, there's a lot of it and I can't stop using it.
:cop:

again, not quite what i thought from someone else here :lol: im very impressed with how technical it is. if i had one suggestion it'd be to maybe the bring the melody more to the front and let it rock out a bit more?

• Members

For the gear heads: Alesis Andromeda, Future Retro XS, EZDrummer, Kontakt (celesta), D-50, Omnisphere, Tone2 Gladiator, acoustic piano! Tons of effects! Actual vocals! Heavily auto-tuned vocals! (Thank God for Auto-Tune. My voice sucks.
:p
I need to get my wife, who actually can sing, involved in future tracks.)

wow thats amazing, it doesn't sound like all that was used! Good tune!

• Members

Hey, I didn't post any music to this thread yet, and I don't do covers. Or did you listen to my myspace page and something sounded too close to Doctor Who for comfort?

I think I like soundwave106's track the best so far, though that mix is WAY busy. But I like the song and the idea. Puppy's stuff is good as usual, Metro's sounds are good especially the pads (I think the lack of comments is due to the track really sounding more like a sketch than a finished track). Lots of good stuff in here! I enjoyed every musical posting.

• Members

you think i just wasn't descriptive enough about the intent / purpose ect? :idk:

I had created the patch used in the song from scratch, which sounded just like something i would have done on my virus, in half the time.

the who track was EP according to this post..

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showpost.php?p=36625562&postcount=1274

forgives me if you went back and deleted it :cry:

• Members

again, not quite what i thought from someone else here
:lol:
im very impressed with how technical it is. if i had one suggestion it'd be to maybe the bring the melody more to the front and let it rock out a bit more?

I just fingerdrummed those... then quantized. :/ If that's technical, fine :)

I might improve the mix soon. Maybe to bring hihats and crash a bit to front, and the analog bandpassed piano melody too. Bass needs some volume automation most definitely. Well, it was a one hour affair, the mix is thrown in just for kicks, not even EQ was used, just some compression and delay/reverb. :cop:

• Members

OMG non-brits using the W word! :D:thu:

Just got in from work and i'm buggered. Must give some more of the efforts here a listen, prob. post bath if i'm still awake.

btw i did record the audio to my vid as a separate track, may have accidentally clipped the imput level a little in places, but it's not from the camera (which would be noisey as hell). If there's a bit of noise in there it's from having the tube overdrive cranked up a bit.

• Members

:facepalm:
you've uncovered my faux paus. that was actually meant for TomKeen. you guys both used the box thing and i got the tracks confused.

that needs a big wanking reverbed delay solo right over the top there.. pretty good.

:D

Well thanks for your comment :D. I think I'll re-record it some day and add guitar to make it rock a bit more than it does :)

Archived