Hardcore band live video, what the hell is going on?

Wizard7

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by danbronson

I'm sure all the Elvis fans said the same thing about Black Sabbath.

You make a very good point, and I agree. I'm sure people back then that were into Elvis heard/saw Black Sabbath and had similar reactions. But most of them were probably your everyday "joe-shmoe" music fan,..not musicians or people that play music like most of us here.

I like a lot of stuff,....and I LOVE music in general. I'm very open minded and give everything a chance, but I'm really having a hard time finding anything truely musicial about the Norma Jean stuff I've seen/heard so far. It's more like "performance noise-art" or something.

So you do you really like these guys or are you just trying to make a point that things change and we have to accept that?

• Members

Ok, I just watched that last video that Dan posted,....at least I could detect a slight organization and musical quality to that song. I like it a lot better than the first one,.....but I don't actually like it. HAHAHA!

• Members
Originally posted by FuelGTRX

I have seen some embarrasing "metal" bands, but I think these guys take the cake. This is {censored}ing horrindous. I love how they look like a bunch of mental patients:rolleyes:

Don't demean mental patients like that, comparing mental patients to these tards. :D

• Members
Originally posted by Cibyl

So you do you really like these guys or are you just trying to make a point that things change and we have to accept that?

Both kind of. Music doesn't stay the same, it grows and evolves. In order for it to be "true" rock and roll, it's gotta be rebellious in some way. It's gotta be "wrong" and push the boundries of what you can do musically. In that kind of sense, Norma Jean is at least as much a rock and roll band as there ever was and it's because of responses like the ones in this thread. If you think this is just pure noise, they're rebelling against YOU. congrats, you're now 'the man'.:freak:

On the other hand, I really do enjoy music like Norma Jean. It's FULL of energy and sounds dangerously chaotic while in actuality, it's thought out very intelligently and methodically. If you really pay attention you'll start to see it (but don't expect to 'get it' when all you've got to go by is youtube.com videos of horrible quality). If you don't agree, then I challenge anyone in a band to cover one of Norma Jean's songs as tightly as they play it, and then tell me it's "just noise".

For a good transition into music like this, check out Dillinger Escape Plan's new album, Miss Machine.:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by danbronson

Well I didn't say you HAD to like it. But the least you could do is approach the subject with a bit of intelligence and an open mind.

It's

N

o

i

s

e

There is nothing THERE that even remotely constitutes a "subject".

• Members
Originally posted by RockinIt

+1

I'd rather sit here and listen to grindcore than that {censored}.
:freak:

Then go listen to "grindcore" or whatever...

This stuff isn't something I particularly enjoy, but I'm not going to sit here and bitch either. I'm just glad I got to hear something I've never heard before...

• Members

cloudnine, you're just being an asshole for no reason at this point. i've said everything i need to say on the subject.

if you actually value opinions other than the your own preconceived ones, go back and reread my posts. there's a lot more thought put into them than your own.

• Members
Originally posted by The*Ataris

Then go listen to "grindcore" or whatever...

This stuff isn't something I particularly enjoy, but I'm not going to sit here and bitch either. I'm just glad I got to hear something I've never heard before...

glad there are still some people in this world with good attitudes.:idea:

nrarocks, i love that album too. i saw them live and it was one of the most intense, tight and passionate shows i've ever seen.

• Members
Originally posted by cloudnine

You just want to make excuses for a band that has no musical credibility whatsoever, for whatever reason.

The number of words you use in your posts doesnt change that.

:confused:

Define "musical credibility". Who gets to decide what is credible and what is not?

Archived