List of Synthesizers featuring rare features... keep me updated

AnalogGuy

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Have you ever tried sending the Fusion polyAT with another board, or a DAW?

I have a Fusion, but haven't tried that yet.

I do have another piece (EX5R),that's supposed to receive it, but I never got it to respond right.

No, my A-80 is at my church with my JV-2080 (I did test the poly aftertouch with that one though, to make sure the good ol'A-80 is working fine :thu:). But I've come across the poly aftertouch settings on the Fusion quite a few times while programming sounds.

• Members

Midiboard has release velocity.

Chroma does not have Poly AT stock, though it was built to accomodate it.

It was available as an option towards the end of the run but very few have it.

(less than 10 known).Currently a Chroma list member has engineered an add on but it's not been produced yet.

• Members

Novation x-station sends release velocity

MIDIBOARD has front-panel sliders to adjust attack & release velocity as well as "touch" which determines how hard you need to push to sustain a note (kind of useless, really) as well as aftertouch sensitivity and "retrigger threshold" which I can't really fathom.

• Members

More instruments with Breath Controller input:

Anatek Wind Machine

Artistry Electronics The Windbox

JL Cooper Expression Plus

Casio CT-410V and MT-400V (proprietary for use with Casio's BFC-1 only)

CME UF5, UF6, UF7, UF8, UF50, UF60, UF70, UF80, VX5/6/7/8, VX50/60/70/80

Crumar Composer (proprietary- not Yamaha BC compatible)

Crumar Synthaphone keyboard. (Uses a tube for breath sensor- not Yamaha BC compatible. Not to be confused with the Softwind Synthophone).

Kat Systems DrumKat, DrumKat EZ, MalletKAT, MalletKAT Pro, trapKAT

Kenton XC5

Korg Oasys Keyboard (Original model never produced. New Korg Oasys does NOT have a BC input.)

Kurzweil ExpressionMate, K2500, K2600, K2661, PC2, PC2X, PC3, PC3X, PC361, PC88, Percussion Controller

MIDI Solutions Breath Controller Box, previously known as the "Breathalyzer"

Roland A-90, A-90EX

Starr Labs Several of their controllers offer a breath controller option but it is for their own proprietary breath controller

Steiner / Crumar Master's Touch. Used a proprietary built-in breath sensor

Yamaha CS01, CS01-II, CS6R, CS6x, DS55, DX1, DX5, DX7, DX7s, DX7II, DX7II-FD, DX9, DX11, DX21, DX27, DX27s, DX100, EX5, EX5R, EX7, G10, KX1, KX5, KX76, KX88, MCS2, Motif 6/7/8 and ES series (keyboard versions only), S80, S90, SY55, SY77, SY99, UF5, UF6, UF8, V80FD (Never in production), VL1, VL1-m, V50, VP1, VL7, VL70-m, VX5, VX6, VX7, VX8

Reference web site: http://www.patchmanmusic.com/WindControllerFAQ.html

• Members

No trolling, but a little OT:

My Roland JV-80 had a unique feature: during the demo play, an animated butterfly appeared and a dog, running after it in repetitive circles. Cute!

Here is the example of it, seen in module version, JV-880.

[YOUTUBE]2ZBEzCveDow[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Yamaha DX7IID and FD had pitch bend modes, normal-all notes, low-lowest note only, high-highest note only, Key on-all notes but not applied to sound sustained by foot switch. The SY99 had a zoned aftertouch feature, all notes, highest note, lowest note, split hi-all notes above set split point, split lo-all notes below set split point.

Clyde

• Members

I guess Output hack simulates the way you could overdrive the filter of Minimoog by routing its own output to Minimoog's audio input.
:)

Actually, I believe it does a digital bitwise mangling of the signal, which would explain why it goes from subtle to ear piercing in 1 step. (I can vouch for that.)

• Members

Although I wasn't a fan of the synth, I really, really dug the way the Alesis Microns pitch bend could be set to only control the notes currently being depressed - thus allowing released notes to keep their pitch.

A pretty simple, but very effective, creative, feature that I haven't come across in any other synth (Ion probably, but...)... anybody else know one?

• Members

Although I wasn't a fan of the synth, I really, really dug the way the Alesis Microns pitch bend could be set to only control the notes currently being depressed - thus allowing released notes to keep their pitch.

A pretty simple, but very effective, creative, feature that I haven't come across in any other synth (Ion probably, but...)... anybody else know one?

Actually, yes: the Chroma Polaris can do this.

Archived