OT: Who do you think will be the secret band at Ozzfest?

metal0822

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by shredhead666

I thought they were confirmed to tour w/ Isis after the album release?

that'll probably happen in the Fall. Isis has a small tour (20 dates or so) starting really soon which ends about the time TOOL's record is going to come out, at which time TOOL will be in Europe for a couple of months, and then they'll probably come back here in August or September. this is exactly the way they did it when Lateralus came out as well. their US Tour started in September when the album came out in May.

• Members

Originally posted by bullhead

that'll probably happen in the Fall. Isis has a small tour (20 dates or so) starting really soon which ends about the time TOOL's record is going to come out, at which time TOOL will be in Europe for a couple of months, and then they'll probably come back here in August or September. this is exactly the way they did it when Lateralus came out as well. their US Tour started in September when the album came out in May.

If that's true that will be an awesome tour, can't wait to see it. As for ozzfest..meh..I prefer to see all of those bands individually in smaller venues where they can put on a proper show instead of a "showcase".

• Members

Originally posted by slaws

If that's true that will be an awesome tour, can't wait to see it. As for ozzfest..meh..I prefer to see all of those bands individually in smaller venues where they can put on a proper show instead of a "showcase".

it's not CONFIRMED, but i've heard from a couple of serious TOOL guys (like one of them hangs out with MJK on a regular basis, allegedly), and Isis' singer/guitarist/cover artist/primary songwriter that it might as well be.

i'd imagine that while TOOL is in Europe Isis will record a new record, since they've been talking about it awhile and they're usually pretty fast about it.

• Members

it's not CONFIRMED, but i've heard from a couple of serious TOOL guys (like one of them hangs out with MJK on a regular basis, allegedly), and Isis' singer/guitarist/cover artist/primary songwriter that it might as well be.

i'd imagine that while TOOL is in Europe Isis will record a new record, since they've been talking about it awhile and they're usually pretty fast about it.

sdl;ahg;alsfkbhasl;vgknsdf!!!!!

My two absolute favorite bands...touring together....

If that tour even comes within 1500 miles of me, I'm driving to it.

Justin was doing some bass tracks for Panopticon, I wonder if he'd play with them live...?

• Members

Nope!

Tool did 4 dates in the US starting the DAY that Lateralus came out before leaving for Europe and then coming back to the US to finish the tour. I was at the 1st show in Atlanta and got to meet the guys. It was pretty cool. They premiered the Schism video at that show.

• Members
Originally posted by shredhead666

Nope!

Tool did 4 dates in the US starting the DAY that Lateralus came out before leaving for Europe and then coming back to the US to finish the tour. I was at the 1st show in Atlanta and got to meet the guys. It was pretty cool. They premiered the Schism video at that show.

yeah, i know. one in at Atlanta, one in NYC, one in LA, one in San Francisco. i can give you the names of the auditoriums too, if you like ;) i have two of them bootlegged. they're playing Coachella here too, 3 days before the new record comes out. i still wouldn't really call four shows a tour, but that's just a semantic difference.

either way, it's more or less the same pattern. they'll play lots of huge festivals in Europe before they really come back here. makes sense, since the shows here are always more produced and have more to work out.

Originally posted by stringy

Justin was doing some bass tracks for Panopticon, I wonder if he'd play with them live...?

Justin HAS played with them live. the first show after Panopticon came out, in LA.

• Members

If it was Tool Tool would probably be headlinging wouldn't you think?
Anyway I've heard 2 bands Godsmack and Avenged Sevenfold..most sources are pointing at A7X and the reason the band isn't being announced for so long is because they're doing that Coheed tour and the day they are announcing the ozzfest band is the last day of that tour so people won't skip that tour just to go to Ozzfest.

Archived