What`s the sweetest piece of gear you`ve bought so far in `06 ??

BAZGUITARMAN

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Originally posted by AgentOrange

that is awsome! What is it?

James

Originally posted by Niggy1Kanobi

where can i get one of these and how much?

It's from the charvel custom shop (but it's basically the same as their current san dimas reissues:

http://www.charvel.com/models/standard/sandimas.php

(the one shown there has an ebony board, but I think they're also available with maple boards) mine is pretty much like that, but with the reverse headstock and the wacky color (looks just like those green pickups ;) )

It was a part of a limited run that some people on the jackson/charvel forum put together. Charvel did 10 reverse headstock and 10 normal, I believe. This is #4 of the reverses. 'Dweezil green' (based on a guitar dweezil zappa used to play). I got it from a JCF member in a trade.

• Members
Originally posted by russellconner

definitely my Bogner Uberkab...im really digging how well it matches the Uberschall Rev 2 ive got.

it doesnt have the rumbling low end that my recto 4x12s(oversized) have got, but the mid range is more complex...with a smoother top end, less harsh compared to the mesas.

russell

Yeah its the uberkab for me too,but then again thats all i bought.

• Members
Originally posted by supercow3

How do you like the g-system

?

So far, so good. It was a good fit for me because I don't have any other rack gear and I didn't want to get a rack "bag" for one peice of RM gear, so the feature that it's within the floor board is perfect for me. I like it. You know how you get new {censored} and are mezmerized by the look and just dive into it? Well now I'm reading the manual like I should have done in the first place.

:idea:

• Members
Originally posted by KoaFreak

Interesting, what exactly is the C+ mod? I'm interested in doing a few things to my MkIII. Notably---I would like to have it modded if possible so that while playing the lead channel, I get the effect of having the "RHY 2" knob pulled, which makes the lead channel sound fuller and is to die for, but somehow I can switch over to a perfectly clean RHY 1 sound with the MkIII footswitch. Physically pulling the RHY 2 while playing the LEAD channel is fine, but then using the very limited footswitch, you can't go back to RHY 1 without pushing the knob back in.
:cry:

Nicest thing I've bought so far this year (probably ever gear wise) is my PRS Custom 22, no pics yet.

-Ha! My old amp!
-KoaFreak, the IIC+ mod for the Mark III is a mod that Mike Bendinelli does at Mesa to make a Mark III sound more like a IIC+. I talked to Mike a week ago and he said he basically makes the Mark III circuit exactly like a IIC+ on paper but they won't sound the same because of the transformer difference. I can attest that they do not sound the same as I currently own 2 Mark IIC+ amps. The Mark III and mod make it close but not quite.

You might want to call and talk to Mike B. at Mesa and see if he can do what you want. I, too, noticed a difference with the R2 knob pulled while in the lead channel on the amp you see there when I owned it before selling it to Danjovi.