Best Amp for Black Metal???

malus

• Members

Originally posted by Inearthed

Christian Metal - Easy. Music for christians by christians. 95% of bands labeled Christian metal are {censored} so you want to avoid them.

Why Holy Soldier and Stryper kick ass!!!

Prefer them than black!!!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by JohnRageOn

Why Holy Soldier and Stryper kick ass!!!

Prefer them than black!!!

Sorry man, Stryper is really weak and Holy Soldier as well.

Believer and Theocracy are really the only christian metal bands that are actually interesting and worth checking out.

• Members

Sorry man, Stryper is really weak and Holy Soldier as well.

Believer and Theocracy are really the only christian metal bands that are actually interesting and worth checking out.

I like Stryper and Holy Soldier and don't listen to them for their theological beliefs. They're good bands and I listen to them for their music. Personally, I find silly the song contexts concerning both God and Satan. There are for 15year old kids!

I still listen to old Merciful Fate or King Diamond records.

One of my favorite records is Crue's Shout At The Devil.

Thanks for mentioning Believer and Theocracy, I will check them out!!!

• Members

I like Stryper and Holy Soldier and don't listen to them for their theological beliefs. They're good bands and I listen to them for their music. Personally, I find silly the song contexts concerning both God and Satan. There are for 15year old kids!

I still listen to old Merciful Fate or King Diamond records.

One of my favorite records is Crue's Shout At The Devil.

Thanks for mentioning Believer and Theocracy, I will check them out!!!

Check out the Sanity Obscure album by Believer (specifically Sanity Obscure, Stop The Madness and Dies Irae), Theocracy only has one release. I am eagerly awaiting King's newest record and the eventual MF record.

For me, the completely ambivalent / satanic stuff is always much more interesting musically. More risky and much more innovative.

• Members

Check out the Sanity Obscure album by Believer (specifically Sanity Obscure, Stop The Madness and Dies Irae), Theocracy only has one release. I am eagerly awaiting King's newest record and the eventual MF record.

For me, the completely ambivalent / satanic stuff is always much more interesting musically. More risky and much more innovative.

Firstly, thanks for the info on the records, secondly occult and metal were always bonded!!! Heavy should be sick, dirty and mean!!!

And as Lemmy said the good metal is the one that mothers don't like!!!:D :D :D

• Members

Why have u signed yourself at LaVey's Church of Satan???

:D

what kind of idiot do you take me for? lol

No, im very openminded and also exercise a healthy level of sceptesism. LaVey's dead organisation to any rebel seems like a haven, but i don't see how you can have a religion based on a fictional character which was actually created by christianity, they are just as contradictory. They say their religion is not about the red devil with the horns, pointy tail and pitchfork, lol yet they post that image all over their website... although i still thank them for enlightening alot of people, showing people that there are alternative believes which are worthy of investigation. :)

• Members

Originally posted by malus

what kind of idiot do you take me for? lol

No, im very openminded and also exercise a healthy level of sceptesism. LaVey's dead organisation to any rebel seems like a haven, but i don't see how you can have a religion based on a fictional character which was actually created by christianity, they are just as contradictory. They say their religion is not about the red devil with the horns, pointy tail and pitchfork, lol yet they post that image all over their website... although i still thank them for enlightening alot of people, showing people that there are alternative believes which are worthy of investigation.
:)

Firstly I was joking.

If not an atheist I also consider myself as a sceptic because whatever happens to us there are many times a man says "oh Lord" or "oh God!!!

Human beings have the tendency to be dependent on something.

• Members

Originally posted by Nephilim-777

Practice/Home/Studio: Keeley MT-2 and/or stock OD-20 -> Fender Blues JR (gain set at mild to medium crunch) -> Marshall 4x12 cabinet. I also use a Vox Pathfinder 15R as a backup. The pedals provide the scooped mid

• Members

Firstly I was joking.

If not an atheist I also consider myself as a sceptic because whatever happens to us there are many times a man says "oh Lord" or "oh God!!!

Human beings have the tendency to be dependent on something.

I know you was joking, so was I! ;)

Everyone should be sceptical, theres alot of people who endevour to trick the masses and theres alot of false infomation that surrounds us, The truth is the only infomation of importance, and unless you question wild claims, you will forever be believing lies. But being openminded is important to, as sometimes your first reactions or not the wisest.

• Members

Originally posted by Zachman

Cause I got the Marshall cabs for a steal.
:thu:

Thought so! I sold my Peavey 5150 II and marshall 1960a cab to save up money to get a mesa dual rectifier and mesa cab, but now thinking ill prob end up buying a marshall cab again! shouldnt have solt the damn thing!

• Members

Originally posted by malus

Thought so! I sold my Peavey 5150 II and marshall 1960a cab to save up money to get a mesa dual rectifier and mesa cab, but now thinking ill prob end up buying a marshall cab again! shouldnt have solt the damn thing!

Plus IMO, they (Marshall cabs), look cooler on stage.

2Precious%20Time%20HOB.JPG

• Members

Darkthrone uses some kind of Fender amp on their recent albums (or did when I talked to Nocturno Culto back in 2002-ish). Euronymous had the ultimate black metal tone and was one of the few truly stylized players in black metal. I'd love to be able to get that mechanized 'vortex-of-feel' sound and feel that he had on De Mysteriis (he used some early 80's marshall and a Les Paul, I didn't see any pedals in the rehearsal video from 89-90, but then again I could barely see him, due to the quality of the video).

When Darkthrone made their first black metal album, they spent several hours getting the recording equipment to record a certain way. You have to {censored} up the recording in just the right way, or get the best sound possible with really really bad recording equipment (like bathory did). I don't know that you'd get that sound directly from an amp, so just go with a high gain amp, and email your favorite bands for recording tips on sounding black metal.

• Members

Originally posted by Zachman

Deep Purple. The term Heavy metal was coined for the first time from the description of a Deep Purple concert.

Forget terminology, Black Sabbath's first album is the first heavy metal album, and I'd call them the first heavy metal band.

Archived