The Peavey Bandit appreciation thread....

SnakesOnAPlane

• Members

I like mine, still haven't sold it. Great for practicing on and great lead tone! Rhythm tones are a bit saggy though. Our violinist plays through it for both recording and gigs with just an EQ in the loop and a delay in front and she reckons it's the best tone she's ever heard!

:thu:

• Members

While there are other amps I'd rather play through, I gotta give the Bandit its props. I played live shows with one for years. It was on stage with me at some of the bigger venues I've played. I just stuck it on a stool (where most guys put their half or full stacks) & mic'ed the little bugger up. It did the job and never, ever let me down. If it hadn't been stolen from our practice space, I'd still own one.

• Members

I was lucky enough to get an early '90's one (Bandit 112 w/Scheffield)at a yard sale last weekend for $10 (Yes, 10 bucks). Only problem is when I use the footswitch it seems to lose it's power, so I don't bother with the footswitch.

• Members

They are indeed some tough little bastards of an amp. I have two that I run slaved in stereo to a RP2000 for effects and a Peavey Rockmaster preamp for my distortion/clean.

One Bandit has a Sheffield 1230 in it, the other a Scorpion. I even took one of the baffles off the back of one and put it on the other so one is closed back and the other is open back. With the RP2000 through both, the stereo effects are very 3-D sounding and lush! It's a neat little stereo/mini stack rig; surprisingly quite loud and almost will keep up with a halfstack. :thu:

• Members

Mine's got the Sheffield 1230 12" in the combo area and I've replaced the 112SX cabinet speaker with an Eminence Patriot Texas Heat 12".

It's got some balls now.

Though I've really never given the overdrive channel a chance on it..

Here's an old pic of it when i still had my Zoom 606....it now says "SOUL" in duct tape on the top area:

smallPicture%20026.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by '63-Strat

I liked those ones much better than the transtube series, although the transtube ones may be better for metal.

I had very little experience with tube amplification when I got it so I thought it was awesome at the beginning. Once I upgraded, I kept it in a closet as a back-up amp.

In the meantime, I had bought a Godin LG that has these really hot, dark P90's. I pulled the Bandit out one day to demo it for some kid who wanted to buy it and plugged the Godin into it. The combination of that guitar and amp sounded so good, I didn't want to sell the amp. The kid actually offered me more money for it. :o

I think he was sold on the tone I got but, with the guitar he had (some $1100 Ibanez strat that his mom bought him), I don't know if he could've got the same sound on his own.

• Members

I've been thinking about picking up a TransTube Bandit to run the ToneLab SE I just bought through. If you plug into the Effects Return, does that Power Amp control (whatever they call it) still work to basically regulate output volume?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

I had an early '80's model that I used for about 10 years and loved it. I then switch to the Classic 30 tube amp (another great Peavey model). That lasted about 4 years (wish I had that one back now). I'm back with another Bandit 65 ('80's model - B&W). As previously stated in this threa, these are just super "work horse" amps and are built right solid - I'm almost 300 lbs and I can use this thing as a stool if needed :D

product.sh-bandit65.large.JPG

Not mine but the same model/time frame

Archived