What has happened to the US ??

favata5

• Members
Originally posted by guitar shmoe

You are right, though, I am intolerant...towards ignorance and intolerance. We do agree completely on one point, though. I want my nugs too.

:cry: Left-Wing Rant :cry:

Damn, did you ever just put me in my place. Owned even. The logic in your arguments is dizzying. I've noticed a trend among the right-wingers here. Anytime they are challenged, not one can pull a piece of real world data out to support their ideas, they just resort to name calling. Are you an adolescent, or just too stupid to have a real discussion? the content of your posts suggests both.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Originally posted by kush06

:cry:
Left-Wing Rant
:cry:

Damn, did you ever just put me in my place. Owned even. The logic in your arguments is dizzying. I've noticed a trend among the right-wingers here. Anytime they are challenged, not one can pull a piece of real world data out to support their ideas, they just resort to name calling. Are you an adolescent, or just too stupid to have a real discussion? the content of your posts suggests both.

You are doing some pretty good 'name calling' here...

The "issue' is "gay marriage and Christian Worldview" I happen to teach the second subject and am very informed....if you are REALLY interested? then, let me know and I will discuss this issue with you on a separate (email or PM) platform...otherwise? Back to the name calling!

• Members
Originally posted by tommythelurker

No. You're the one making the argument, it's your job to support it. An analogy is meant to illustrate a point, not to be the fundamental basis for the argument. You have yet to state plain and simple why gay marriage is wrong, or even put forth any sort of basis for the discussion. This is why nobody can "shoot down" anything. You haven't put anything up there and therefore the "analogy" is completely meaningless. I can't very well claim that "the moon is made of cheese because Robin Williams wore yellow in 'Mork and Mindy', I'm right unless you prove me wrong" and expect that to fly.

Whatever. It's a subjective judgement that hasn't been setup with any sort of basis or connection for this discussion.

Ah, the "slippery slope" argument
:rolleyes:
That's not a logical argument against gay marriage (or anything for that matter), that's fear mongering. You don't even know what the "next step" is, but you seem to insinuate that it's bad.

Well, like I said, I don't know what you're point was.

That's right, they just might help in someway that's beyond you. I'm glad you admitted that. Your argument up to that point proclaimed that you knew for absolute fact what was best for mankind which is pretty arrogant and even absurd.

Your arguing style is unique. You make untrue statements like "Your argument up to that point proclaimed that you knew for absolute fact what was best for mankind" and then make judgements based on the untruths.:freak:

What I find interesting is how you have totally sidestepped the analogy by just saying 'it's wrong', and then provide no thoughtful counter points to it.

Someone along the way provided some counter points, but I don't believe it was you.

I put the analogy out there for discussion. If you can't refute it, then too bad.

The 'slippery slope' is wrong?? Thanks for letting me in on that little nugget of wisdom.

I'm taking my ball and going home this time for real :D

OK...maybe I'll take a peek in a little while to see what's going on.....

I love you guys... :cry:..all of you...:cry:...even though I don't know any of you;)

• Members
Originally posted by rgf

I'm not sure what your point is?? Humans are held to higher standards than dogs? On that we can agree
:thu:

Once again no one has shot down the argument.

:wave:

um, no. all i said was not the same standards. humans and dogs and cows are not morally comparable creatures.

your argument hasn't been shot down because it hasn't left the hangar.

• Members

Even though I hate to see the flag burned I don't think it should be banned in this country. Here are my reasons.

1. The flag is really nothing more than a piece of cloth, the only symbol that we as a country should cherish is the constitution, and our elected officials are burning that thing every day and nothing gets done about it. How about we pass a law instead making it illegal for our elected officials to pass any law that is not enumerated in Article 1 Section 8 of our constitution. Lets also right in that law if they try to they will be charged with treason.

2. Burning the country flag was also banned by Saddam Hussein and it is also prohibited in many other countries that are run by dictators, tyrants, and thugs. Our country is founded on freedom and I don't think we should be following their examples.

• Members

The "issue' is "gay marriage and Christian Worldview" I happen to teach the second subject and am very informed....if you are REALLY interested? then, let me know and I will discuss this issue with you on a separate (email or PM) platform...otherwise? Back to the name calling!

I'm sorry.

• Members
Originally posted by Songman68

Even though I hate to see the flag burned I don't think it should be banned in this country. Here are my reasons.

1. The flag is really nothing more than a piece of cloth, the only symbol that we as a country should cherish is the constitution, and our elected officials are burning that thing every day and nothing gets done about it. How about we pass a law instead making it illegal for our elected officials to pass any law that is not enumerated in Article 1 Section 8 of our constitution. Lets also right in that law if they try to they will be charged with treason.

2. Burning the country flag was also banned by Saddam Hussein and it is also prohibited in many other countries that are run by dictators, tyrants, and thugs. Our country is founded on freedom and I don't think we should be following their examples.

I find it interesting that when mainstream conservatives are upset about the way the country is being run they don't resort to un-patriotic destructive behavior...

• Members
Originally posted by kush06

I'm sorry.

me too! where's R-duane? he's usually good for some verbal abuse towards me...I already miss being slapped around by him :cry:

• Members
Originally posted by potaetoes

the blame lies with mrs. o'leary.

I thought her name implied the use of the Irish as scapegoats. You think the Irish started the fire? Maybe goats started the fire? I don't know. Cows may be more insidious than you think.

• Members

I find it interesting that when mainstream conservatives are upset about the way the country is being run they don't resort to un-patriotic destructive behavior...

you're right, they resort to such patriotic things like bribery and fraud.

• Members
Originally posted by Loghead

I thought her name implied the use of the Irish as scapegoats. You think the Irish started the fire? Maybe goats started the fire? I don't know. Cows may be more insidious than you think.

the fire was started, technically, by whomever lit the lantern, or had custody of the lantern after its lighting.

• Members

How do you define "destructive"?