attn: I apologize for this (politics inside)

FWAxeIbanez

• Members

Originally posted by Craggin

The death toll is actually really difficult to prove since our government won't publish official numbers. The closest data I've been able to find is:

A few things I've noticed about that site is that it appears to only count civilian deaths...they also take a while to update the numbers because they claim they try to cross check for accuracy. Also, I don't believe the figures include soldiers.

Oh, and they do state that they only use reported figures, which they admit is probably a low number as many deaths go unreported.

While I see your point, no reliable (or halfway reliable) source has pointed to 60,000 per YEAR. Even then those figures are including terrorist attacks and things that have nothing to do with the war (unless you count them murdering their OWN people). And that site is still no more reliable than the peacenik Lancet.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by batotman

While I see your point, no reliable (or halfway reliable) source has pointed to 60,000 per YEAR. Even then those figures are including terrorist attacks and things that have nothing to do with the war (unless you count them murdering their OWN people). And that site is still no more reliable than the peacenik Lancet.

No doubt, the site has (here comes that word)---liberal leanings. It just seems to me, to be the most accurate. Hell, I remember reading headlines from Fox where the estimated civilian casualties tallied over 100,000. :eek: I'd say that number is probaby on the "high" side...but in reality it probably falls somewhere in the middle.

• Members

Ah, couldn't quote me anything I actually said. That's what I thought. Let's look at what you did spew out:

Originally posted by batotman

Your "facts" you posted on the # of deaths in Iraq to support Michael Berg's imaginary number seems to smack of conspiracy theorist. Implying that the actual official numbers are completely incorrect.

"seems to smack of" "implying"

Hmm, that says more about you than it does about me.

So, lemme get this straight: you FEEL like I'm a conspiracy theorist; ergo, I must be one -- is that it?

How can you be so full of crap and not explode in a fountain of brown? :freak:

Your complete disregard for actual examples of media bias

From "sources" whose entire mission in existence is to "prove" alleged liberal media bias?

Please!

That's like asking the Inquisition to "prove" the existence of witches!

OF COURSE, they're going to find what they're supposedly looking for -- because otherwise they'd have to admit they have no reason to exist! :idea:

Show me an UNBIASED source (by which, I mean a source that doesn't care one way or the other if I agree with it that there is/isn't a particular bias) and you might have some game. You haven't, because you can't.

And then you have the umittigated gall to slam *me* for the sources I posted, which actually DOCUMENTED WHERE THEY GOT THEIR INFO!

Beautiful.

and rebutting them with {censored}ing BLOGS as if they were CBS.

At least my blogs reported where they got there facts. Yours just post their own claims. Hmmm....

Oh i don't know but I'd really rather not spend my day searching through a 42 page thead to "nail you" on things.

Because you know you'd FAIL to nail me. You can't nail me on things I never said.

All you've got is lies. In fact, I'm beginning to think you've just been trolling me all along. Maybe I was just too slow to see it. :(

Where do you want to take the discussion next? To Clinton? Back to Michael Berg? Cindy Sheehan? I'm all ears.

I've said everything that needs saying. You can either actually respond to the things you've been presented with, or you can keep avoiding and lying. Your call. :wave:

• Members
Originally posted by Craggin

Have you seen their "Student Life" Page?

- STUDENTS WILL NOT LISTEN TO NEW AGE, JAZZ, ROCK, OR CONTEMPORARY MUSIC

- STUDENTS WILL NOT HAVE PHONES OR TELEVISIONS

- GIRLS WILL NOT WEAR PANTS

Hell, I'd go to any school where women couldn't wear pants.
;)

Dude, they're 30 minutes down the interstate from me -- I've met some of the actual people that go there. :freak:

• Members

I've found that most conservatives simply are not educated, thus the left leaning educational institutions.

I've also found that most liberals are simply not capable of accomplishing anything, thus their penchant for state funded programs.

The way I see it, if you're part of the system, you're part of the problem, no matter which way you "lean".

Start a revolution or die whining.

-W

• Members
Originally posted by draelyc

Ah, couldn't quote me anything I actually said. That's what I thought. Let's look at what you did spew out:

"seems to smack of" "implying"

Hmm, that says more about you than it does about me.

So, lemme get this straight: you FEEL like I'm a conspiracy theorist; ergo, I must be one -- is that it?

How can you be so full of crap and not explode in a fountain of brown?
:freak:

From "sources" whose entire mission in existence is to "prove" alleged liberal media bias?

Please!

That's like asking the Inquisition to "prove" the existence of witches!

OF COURSE, they're going to find what they're supposedly looking for -- because otherwise they'd have to admit they have no reason to exist!
:idea:

Show me an UNBIASED source (by which, I mean a source that doesn't care one way or the other if I agree with it that there is/isn't a particular bias) and you might have some game. You haven't, because you can't.

And then you have the umittigated gall to slam *me* for the sources I posted, which actually DOCUMENTED WHERE THEY GOT THEIR INFO!

Beautiful.

At least my blogs reported where they got there facts. Yours just post their own claims. Hmmm....

Because you know you'd FAIL to nail me. You can't nail me on things I never said.

All you've got is lies. In fact, I'm beginning to think you've just been trolling me all along. Maybe I was just too slow to see it.
:(

I've said everything that needs saying. You can either actually respond to the things you've been presented with, or you can keep avoiding and lying. Your call.
:wave:

Yes because their SOURCES are on the mass media right? Not some obscure page 6 reference are they? :roll eyes:

Are you really retarded enough to think that the people in the towers were responsible -- and not the United States government -- for defending themselves from terrorists? No, the "dumb asses," as you put it, were in the White House, not the Twin Towers.

Wow....guess 9/11 was Bush's fault? What did he not do? Or is this just your theory? or is it one of those "if that Bush wasn't reading them dang kids books he'd have shot down those plans or prevented them wacky terrorists from gettin on that plan in the first place. what with their strategory and all" :D

Do a little digging around about the things that the Clinton administration actively did vis. terrorism & specific threats -- it's amazing what gets ignored when enough pundits shout, for long enough, "well, Clinton did nothing." Man, they can get people to believe *anything*...
:freak:

Burden of proof is on you, soldier. Where are the things he's done?

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but it sounds like you're bitching because the Bush administration is suffering from the same obstacles that the Hitler administration suffered from -- namely the resistance of intelligent people to the administration's bull{censored}...

Zing.....gotta love that turn to the Nazi comparison!

More importantly -- and more accurately -- the intel the outgoing Clinton admin handed Bushin 2000 told him point blank, in no uncertain terms, that he had to do something about bin Laden NOW.

Bush drops the ball, and the Twin Towers are history.

Who cares if Iraq had some pop-guns?

Yeah that Clinton. Please tell us what Bubba handed to Bush.

I made it to page 15 and quit. Just the same old "Bush is incompetant, Clinton had it right" garbage over and over and over and over.

• Members

Originally posted by Loghead

Could you hazard a guess as to why (in your view) the majority of academic institutions are liberal.

you asked for it!,,

Liberals can't get REAL jobs...their too big of WUSSES! to hold a 'man's' job.....

so, they grow a pony tail and 'stay in school' and well, NEVER LEAVE!....as they 'graduate' (hehehe) they immediately get a 'teaching' position so they can regurgitate all the LAME left-wing horse-crap they just spent 15 years ingesting...to all these impressionable kids that think their liberal prof. is simply the BEST! and MOSTEST SMARTESTEST pony-tail wearin' person EVER!

I had another article somewhere that listed the percentage of University Prof's that EVER HELD a private sector job...it was LOW...OK, it was anemic!

• Members

Originally posted by Echoes

you asked for it!,,

Liberals can't get REAL jobs...their too big of WUSSES! to hold a 'man's' job.....

so, they grow a pony tail and 'stay in school' and well, NEVER LEAVE!....as they 'graduate' (hehehe) they immediately get a 'teaching' position so they can regurgitate all the LAME left-wing horse-crap they just spent 15 years ingesting...to all these impressionable kids that think their liberal prof. is simply the BEST! and MOSTEST SMARTESTEST pony-tail wearin' person EVER!

I had another article somewhere that listed the percentage of University Prof's that EVER HELD a private sector job...it was LOW...OK, it was anemic!

I was hoping for a serious answer.

• Members

that IS my serious answer...want sarcasm?

That was a serious answer? You honestly think academics are "too big of wusses to hold a 'man's' job"?

Sorry. I thought you knew something about what was expected of an academic. My mistake.

I don't know what the good folk at Biola spend their time doing. Maybe they sit around grooming their ponytails.

• Members

you asked for it!,,

I wouldn't put it in so many terms but do question why the most succesful non-hollywood type people are definitely conservative leaning. If "intelligent" people are in fact, liberal.

I had plenty of dyed in the wool liberal professors and a few who I pissed off tremendously after arguing in class. One in particular, he basically advocated welfare money for the poor and I advocated giving jobs to the poor in order to earn at least part of their "free money."

• Members

Originally posted by Loghead

That was a serious answer? You honestly think academics are "too big of wusses to hold a 'man's' job"?

Sorry. I thought you knew something about what was expected of an academic. My mistake.

I don't know what the good folk at Biola spend their time doing. Maybe
they
sit around grooming their ponytails.

easy there chief...I told you...I don't know the answer? I will give it some thought/research and get back...

Archived