attn: I apologize for this (politics inside)

FWAxeIbanez

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by batotman

Yeah I posted that but in NO reference to your lame signature.
:confused:

Oh, so you haven't been harping on my signature, even when it has nothing to do with the discussion at hand? My bad. :wave:

All your conspiracy theories

What conspiracy theories? I've put forth no conspiracy theories at all.

Once again, I invite you to produce (unaltered) quotes of mine, indicating otherwise.

If you can't, I once again invite you to shut the hell up. :)

that have no basis in fact....seems like a good place to start. Maybe your complete defense of Clinton with no leg to stand on.

A. What complete defense of Clinton? Where I have I ever defended him completely? (Again, I invite you to produce unaltered quotes... which you can't, because I haven't done what you falsely claim I have.)

B. With no leg to stand on? So you're saying there was *nothing* good about Clinton's presidency? The official White House position on his presidency disagrees with you... :idea:

• Members

Yes somehow George Bush is completely incompetant. Just a cowboy from Texas who wasn't fit for Governor or President.

Yes, now you've got it. That's it exactly.

Yet at the same time your kind

"My kind"? How long have you been a racist?

spout off how he is the most evil genius since Hitler.

Sigh. This is getting old. I have never, once, anywhere characterized Bush as ANY kind of "genius," evil, good, or purple. :freak:

Once again, I invite you to produce (unaltered) quotes of mine where I've "spout[ed] off how he is the most evil genius since Hitler."

You can't, because I never did. But go ahead & try, if it'll make you feel more like a man.

How's the straw-man technique workin' for ya today? :rolleyes:

• Members
Originally posted by Loghead

No, I don't think you misread me. I think I jammed thoughts about Bush relying on others to make decisions for him into a analogy for not following and incompetent leader. Never mind. I wonder what the other project I'm working on really looks like.

;)

• Members

When did conspiracy become part of the conversation?

When echo-scmoo & boat-head realized their gibberish was becoming a bit too obvious -- they needed some kind of diversion, to avoid having to THINK about what they were saying.
:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by Echoes

I lived in LA my whole life (until 4 years ago moved to N. Wis.)..trust me...UCLA is typically aligned with the left side of the aisle....there are a couple conservatives but WAY out numbered,,,

Can you name ANY accredited university that YOU feel is NOT populated by people who lean towards the left side of the isle? I suspect (there

• Members

Originally posted by Craggin

I'd just venture a guess that most religious affiliated schools would fall in the conservative camp.

That's a guess I might be ventured to make, too. Can we name some of these venerable institutions of higher learning? Are they accredited? I honestly don't know. I'm asking for names from the folks I assume would know.

• Members

That's a guess I might be ventured to make, too. Can we name some of these venerable institutions of higher learning? Are they accredited? I honestly don't know. I'm asking for names from the folks I assume would know.

Well, there's Bob Jones University in my neck o' th' woods... Oh, wait. Not accredited. Nevermind. :wave:

• Members

Not sure if any are accredited. I'd be willing to bet that the top ranked (academically) schools are considered liberal.

• Members

Your "facts" you posted on the # of deaths in Iraq to support Michael Berg's imaginary number seems to smack of conspiracy theorist. Implying that the actual official numbers are completely incorrect.

Your complete disregard for actual examples of media bias and rebutting them with {censored}ing BLOGS as if they were CBS.

Oh i don't know but I'd really rather not spend my day searching through a 42 page thead to "nail you" on things.

Where do you want to take the discussion next? To Clinton? Back to Michael Berg? Cindy Sheehan? I'm all ears.

• Members
Originally posted by draelyc

Well, there's Bob Jones University in my neck o' th' woods...

Have you seen their "Student Life" Page?

- STUDENTS WILL NOT LISTEN TO NEW AGE, JAZZ, ROCK, OR CONTEMPORARY MUSIC
- STUDENTS WILL NOT HAVE PHONES OR TELEVISIONS
- GIRLS WILL NOT WEAR PANTS

Hell, I'd go to any school where women couldn't wear pants. ;)

• Members

Your "facts" you posted on the # of deaths in Iraq to support Michael Berg's imaginary number seems to smack of conspiracy theorist. Implying that the actual official numbers are completely incorrect.

The death toll is actually really difficult to prove since our government won't publish official numbers. The closest data I've been able to find is:

Iraq Body Count

A few things I've noticed about that site is that it appears to only count civilian deaths...they also take a while to update the numbers because they claim they try to cross check for accuracy. Also, I don't believe the figures include soldiers.

Oh, and they do state that they only use reported figures, which they admit is probably a low number as many deaths go unreported.

• Members
Originally posted by Echoes

BIOLA University:D is Conservative...Wheaton College is conservative....

Cal Berkeley is DEFINITELY NOT conservative.....

Most 'Ivy League' colleges are left-wing

Most 'state' colleges are left-wing

Most in the University 'system' are left leaning

there are some conservatives in these places (obviously) but they are typically outnumbered on American College campuses...
:rolleyes:

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2005/04/11/liberal_bias_in_the_ivory_tower/

Yeah, but I'm asking you for the names of universities of which you approve. You list two, Biola and Wheaton. Is that it?

Why do you suppose that conservatives are so "under-represented"? Do you not agree with Lakoff's statement in the article you cite?

• Members
Originally posted by draelyc

I didn't yell "conspiracy"; I yelled "INCOMPETENCE!"

There's a roaring bonfire all around you, and you've got your eyes sqeezed shut & you're screaming "show me some proof." Meanwhile, as you choke on the smoke, you still refuse to open your eyes.

Get the metaphor?

Crystal!:thu: ...so, you're just a complainer then?

• Members

Yeah, but I'm asking you for the names of universities of which you approve. You list two, Biola and Wheaton. Is that it?

Why do you suppose that conservatives are so "under-represented"? Do you not agree with Lakoff's statement in the article you cite?

why it is? I'm not sure...THAT it is? (liberal) I'm sure!

• Members
Originally posted by Craggin

Noice. I said "most religious affiliated schools". Actually...are they? (Notre Dame...I really don't know)
:confused:

Notre Dame is a Catholic school that is, in my opinion, rather conservative. It is an excellent institution is some respects, but progressive thinking is not one of its hallmarks.

Archived