attn: I apologize for this (politics inside)

FWAxeIbanez

• Members

Originally posted by Echoes

suspicious are we???....hmmmm, maybe we ought to get together, and using conjecture, drum up some conspiracy theories...cause we're 'suspicious'....

make a note of this: "Suspicion DOES NOT = evidence"

NEXT LIBERAL IN LINE....NEXT PLEASE!

ZING!!!!! you tell those liberals. they don't want the country to be a better place! only the redblooded conservatives care about the real US and its citizens.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

suspicious are we???....hmmmm, maybe we ought to get together, and using conjecture, drum up some conspiracy theories...cause we're 'suspicious'....

make a note of this: "Suspicion DOES NOT = evidence"

NEXT LIBERAL IN LINE....NEXT PLEASE!

What does my use of the word "suspicious" have to do with conspiracies?

• Members
Originally posted by batotman

Oh yeah I already did. AND those sites had ACTUAL EXAMPLES OF NATONAL NEWS STORIES. Come on man, you act like Moveon.org is a national media outlet like CBS, FOX, NBC instead of what it actually is: a crackpot joke website.

You already did, huh? Well, let's see:

http://www.mediaresearch.org/biasbasics/biasbasics1.asp

Media Research Center's entire reason for existence is to "prove" the alleged liberal bias of the media. Hardly exmplary of a reliable source.

http://www.newsroom.ucla.edu/page.asp?RelNum=6664

A study which was done by people who, according to Wikipedia, had already written extensively (and published) in the service of very conservatively-biased media outlets. Again, that don't look none too good.

http://www.gargaro.com/bias.html

This is the home page for that site:
http://www.gargaro.com/

Yeah, tell me that's a reliable news source for intelligent, educated grown ups. :rolleyes:

It even says "random examples" on the top of her lil' "bias" page -- are you even *thinking* of trying to tell me that's "scientific proof"?

You must have the same "understanding" of science that Dubya has. :freak:

http://newsbusters.org/

"Newsbusters"? HA!

I think you've proven my point about the credibility of this accusation of liberal bias. I'm gonna vote you MVP!:thu:

• Members
Originally posted by draelyc

Media Research Center's entire reason for existence is to "prove" the alleged liberal bias of the media. Hardly exmplary of a reliable source.

A study which was done by people who, according to Wikipedia, had already written extensively (and published) in the service of very conservatively-biased media outlets. Again, that don't look none too good.

This is the home page for that site:

http://www.gargaro.com/

Yeah, tell me that's a reliable news source for intelligent, educated grown ups.
:rolleyes:

"Newsbusters"? HA!

I think you've proven my point about the credibility of this accusation of liberal bias. I'm gonna vote you MVP!
:thu:

And yet you deny none of the examples. Shocking, I know.

• Members

UCLA? Coservative?...that's a HOOOOOT!:rolleyes:

• Members

Yeah, getting people to pay attention to you (even if it is to the point of flat out embarassing you) is always a perk, isn't it?

Are you mad 'cuz the people who insult you aren't as clever as the people who insult me, or are you mad because you didn't realize the quote in my sig was an insult to me until I pointed it out to your slow ass?
:wave:

• Members

Are you mad 'cuz the people who insult you aren't as clever as the people who insult me, or are you mad because you didn't realize the quote in my sig was an insult to me until I pointed it out to your slow ass?

Hey numbnuts, you're quoting the wrong person. AGAIN.

• Members

you pointed it out to my slow ass too!:eek:

• Members

UCLA? Coservative?...that's a HOOOOOT!

In your view, can anyone who works for any accredited academic institution be anything other than a liberal?

This is serious question. I don't think of UCLA as a liberal bastion.

• Members

And yet you deny none of the examples. Shocking, I know.

If you think that, then it's pretty clear that you're incapable of reading simple English.

See kids -- boat-head here is what happens when you don't finish grammar school, so be cool & stay in school! :idea:

• Members

UCLA? Coservative?...that's a HOOOOOT!

You still having trouble making out the simple words, too?

Show me where I said anything about UCLA? Can't? Why not?

'CUZ I DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT UCLA BEING CONSERVATIVE OR ANYTHING ELSE! :rolleyes:

Sigh. They get owned... they act like they can't read ... they spew more crapola ... they get owned on it ... they act like they can't read....

Where does this idiotic cycle end?

• Members

Originally posted by Loghead

In your view, can anyone who works for any accredited academic institution be anything other than a liberal?

This is serious question. I don't think of UCLA as a liberal bastion.

I lived in LA my whole life (until 4 years ago moved to N. Wis.)..trust me...UCLA is typically aligned with the left side of the aisle....there are a couple conservatives but WAY out numbered,,,

• Members

I lived in LA my whole life (until 4 years ago moved to N. Wis.)..trust me...UCLA is typically aligned with the left side of the aisle....there are a couple conservatives but WAY out numbered,,,

dude, the 'idiot' thing goes both ways...

if you go into a crowded theatre and yell "FIRE!" I should at least see some smoke and flames?

If you go onto a crowded forum and yell "Conspiracy!" I'd at least like to see some factual evidence supporting this claim?

does this make me an idiot?:confused::freak:

• Members

if you go into a crowded theatre and yell "FIRE!" I should at least see some smoke and flames?

If you go onto a crowded forum and yell "Conspiracy!" I'd at least like to see some factual evidence supporting this claim?

does this make me an idiot?
:confused::freak:

You are a dirty oil hungry monster. What? You think I need some sort of proof? You buy gas for your car, I've seen you. You son of a bitch. :rolleyes:

:D

• Members

Hey numbnuts, you're quoting the wrong person. AGAIN.

1. When did I allegedly quote the wrong person the first time?

2. Did you not post this:

Yeah, getting people to pay attention to you (even if it is to the point of flat out embarassing you) is always a perk, isn't it?

That's the post to which I most recently replied.

If that post of yours didn't refer to what I thought it did, perhaps you could clarify your own obscure writing so we can figure out what the hell you were refering to? :confused:

• Members

Hmm, I thought I was the only one who noticed he did that. Repeatedly.

I figured I was the only one who was bothered by the notion of electing someone who admitted he would do whatever he was told to do by people I did *not* elect.
:freak:

My similar suspicion is based on first-hand, life experience: 9 times out of 10, in my experience, when someone has demanded acquiescence on the basis of authority (i.e., "Do as I say because I say so, and don't dare ask me for reasons"), that person has subsequently proven to be grossly incompetent. Competent leaders have and can give logical reasons for their decisions. That's part of what being competent means.

{censored}. Part of my post doesn't make sense. So much for editing on the fly.

• Members

does this make me an idiot?
:confused::freak:

I didn't yell "conspiracy"; I yelled "INCOMPETENCE!"

There's a roaring bonfire all around you, and you've got your eyes sqeezed shut & you're screaming "show me some proof." Meanwhile, as you choke on the smoke, you still refuse to open your eyes.

Get the metaphor?

• Members

1. When did I allegedly quote the wrong person the first time?

2. Did you not post this:

That's the post to which I most recently replied.

If that post of yours didn't refer to what I thought it did, perhaps you could clarify your own obscure writing so we can figure out what the hell you were refering to?
:confused:

Yeah I posted that but in NO reference to your lame signature. :confused:

All your conspiracy theories that have no basis in fact....seems like a good place to start. Maybe your complete defense of Clinton with no leg to stand on.

• Members

Did I misread you?

No, I don't think you misread me. I think I jammed thoughts about Bush relying on others to make decisions for him into a analogy for not following and incompetent leader. Never mind. I wonder what the other project I'm working on really looks like.

• Members

I didn't yell "conspiracy"; I yelled "INCOMPETENCE!"

There's a roaring bonfire all around you, and you've got your eyes sqeezed shut & you're screaming "show me some proof." Meanwhile, as you choke on the smoke, you still refuse to open your eyes.

Get the metaphor?

Yes somehow George Bush is completely incompetant. Just a cowboy from Texas who wasn't fit for Governor or President. Yet at the same time your kind spout off how he is the most evil genius since Hitler. Which is it? :rolleyes:

Archived