Can the mods please ban Fab amp

Biff Snifferson

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by danbronson

Why?

Because Rob used street signs for chassis and some other recycled parts to try and see if he could build a all tube Class A amp for $130 US. Seemed like a noble challenge to me and some of us wanted to see if he could back up that claim. Figured it was a small price to pay even if he got close...just to have something one of a kind and retro.

I couldnt imagine how he couldve even attempted that if he had to have a profesionally machined outsourced chassis and use the best components and get too anal about the wiring aesthetics. My $150 Fab still works fine, has a unique but not harsh tone, breaks up nicely when cranked, takes very well to pedals and boosts and has never caught fire or even gotten excessivly hot. Also sounds way better than a Epi Valve whatever that some on here rave about.

Rob just got into it with the wrong people being new to the forum and never quite understood how to survive in the wonderfully friendly and hospitable HCAF environment. Although Rob still seems to have the ability to word things the wrong way I think all he wants is to get along with everyone and not be attacked at every opportunity. I'd get defensive too if I was trying to do a positive things and got neverending flames when I hadnt even made a buck on anybody.

He also provides some valuable opinion that seems to be solving problems for the guys that take the time to get to know him. Its always the same gang giving crap to Rob, and the same ones who have actually dealt with him personally that defend him. Why do we defend Rob? Well, if we got dicked so bad as some of you would lead the forum to belive, I can assure you that none of us would have reason to defend such a shyster.

Yeah, the whole "better than a Matchless claims were inflammatory but it was said toungue in cheek and many selectivally decided to take his statements in jest as literal. No matter how well a Fab thread starts, someone will start to antagonize by bringing up old wounds from the past, all which have been corrected, btw regarding the amps. Rob gets offended and says some defensive things, everything gets blown out of proportion and then once again Rob becomes the HCAF version of a baby killer.

All I can see is most of the guys crusading against Rob havent offered anything helpful to the forum. Bottom line is Rob has tried to redeem himself, is not perfect, offers valuable help to those without the ego to ask for it and I havent seen any threads on there disagreeing with his advice. The man has some knowledge and has learned a great deal here that he applied to the newer amps. But no one will see past the cost cutting street sign chassis' and the ridiculous false fire hazard accusations. How come my amp never caught fire? has anyone elses? Maybe I got the one good one...All I can say is this, disagreeing with the build quality and design of a $130US amp is one thing. Spouting off baseless accuations of amps catching fire would piss me off too and I probably would not be as calm about it. Thats malicious and wrong and truly warrants ass kickings, its a good thing Rob isnt Kage or some heads would be rolling.

Sorry for the long post, Im just sick of all the recycled I hate Fab stuff. On the defense of the forum though, Rob really needs to drop the mod {censored}, no one likes the hall monitor and that wouldnt be good.

• Members

Originally posted by RonniePentatonic

Because Rob used street signs for chassis and some other recycled parts to try and see if he could build a all tube Class A amp for $130 US. Seemed like a noble challenge to me and some of us wanted to see if he could back up that claim. Figured it was a small price to pay even if he got close...just to have something one of a kind and retro.

I couldnt imagine how he couldve even attempted that if he had to have a profesionally machined outsourced chassis and use the best components and get too anal about the wiring aesthetics. My $150 Fab still works fine, has a unique but not harsh tone, breaks up nicely when cranked, takes very well to pedals and boosts and has never caught fire or even gotten excessivly hot. Also sounds way better than a Epi Valve whatever that some on here rave about.

Rob just got into it with the wrong people being new to the forum and never quite understood how to survive in the wonderfully friendly and hospitable HCAF environment. Although Rob still seems to have the ability to word things the wrong way I think all he wants is to get along with everyone and not be attacked at every opportunity. I'd get defensive too if I was trying to do a positive things and got neverending flames when I hadnt even made a buck on anybody.

He also provides some valuable opinion that seems to be solving problems for the guys that take the time to get to know him. Its always the same gang giving crap to Rob, and the same ones who have actually dealt with him personally that defend him. Why do we defend Rob? Well, if we got dicked so bad as some of you would lead the forum to belive, I can assure you that none of us would have reason to defend such a shyster.

Yeah, the whole "better than a Matchless claims were inflammatory but it was said toungue in cheek and many selectivally decided to take his statements in jest as literal. No matter how well a Fab thread starts, someone will start to antagonize by bringing up old wounds from the past, all which have been corrected, btw regarding the amps. Rob gets offended and says some defensive things, everything gets blown out of proportion and then once again Rob becomes the HCAF version of a baby killer.

All I can see is most of the guys crusading against Rob havent offered anything helpful to the forum. Bottom line is Rob has tried to redeem himself, is not perfect, offers valuable help to those without the ego to ask for it and I havent seen any threads on there disagreeing with his advice. The man has some knowledge and has learned a great deal here that he applied to the newer amps. But no one will see past the cost cutting street sign chassis' and the ridiculous false fire hazard accusations. How come my amp never caught fire? has anyone elses? Maybe I got the one good one...All I can say is this, disagreeing with the build quality and design of a $130US amp is one thing. Spouting off baseless accuations of amps catching fire would piss me off too and I probably would not be as calm about it. Thats malicious and wrong and truly warrants ass kickings, its a good thing Rob isnt Kage or some heads would be rolling.

Sorry for the long post, Im just sick of all the recycled I hate Fab stuff. On the defense of the forum though, Rob really needs to drop the mod {censored}, no one likes the hall monitor and that wouldnt be good.

Sorry guys, shoot me... I am in agreement with the above.

Gary

• Members

Originally posted by batotman

I don't believe in shooting and if I did I would never shoot you, Gary. But a nice SMACK back to reality would help!
:D

LOL

:p

LOL. its late. And, a smack would be welcome. I ususally pay extra for that kinda stuffz!Supa:freak:

• Members

I'll add that I actually spoke to Rob on the phone he seems like a genuine nice guy. Prolly could have a beer or two with him while shooting the {censored} and playing guitar. Just my useless 0.02 though. Cheers Lucius

• Members

Originally posted by RonniePentatonic

On the defense of the forum though, Rob really needs to drop the mod {censored}, no one likes the hall monitor and that wouldnt be good.

Notice that everything was silent until this started happening.

Archived