Can the mods please ban Fab amp

Biff Snifferson

• Members
Originally posted by Skunks

The larger point here is this. Comments like "Silly boy, the closest thing to a Mod that reads this forum is me." are false.

If he's reading through all the posts in the amp forum, reporting everything he judges innapropriate (according to the terms of use or not).. he very well could be the closest thing we have to a moderator. :freak:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

>

Those are the people who make this forum worthwhile, period. My concern is that they are being repelled by the people who don't act that way -- who keep coming back under double monikers just to stir things up, who spam, who post nonsense threads like "let's compare penis sizes," that sort of thing.

The challenge here is how to create an environment where the real core of the forum gets what THEY want -- and I don't mean cliques, I mean the core of people who just want a place where they can learn about amps and tone and become better players (and maybe even better people while they're at it).

Anyway, this thread is going nowhere fast and is certainly no contributing to the type of environment mentioned above, so I'm going to close it. Rob tried to be helpful. Whether he went about it in the right way or not is up for people here to decide, but it's obvious he does in fact care about this forum, and it's hard to fault him for that...nor is it hard to fault all the other people who do. I've talked to him and asked him to pull back a bit and just contribute to the forum. Hopefully others will pull back a bit, and just contribute to the forum as well.

Archived