Can the mods please ban Fab amp

Biff Snifferson

• Members

Originally posted by Anderton

>

..and if they would take the initiative too to try and defuse things, that would be absolutely wonderful. I made the point in another thread: This forum isn't supposed to be
unmoderated
, but
self-moderated
. Yet look how many posts in this thread start with something along the lines of "Well people are going to kill me, but I agree that something needs to be done." People are afraid to speak against "cliques." Rob isn't afraid to get trashed in the process of trying to do something positive. His way of doing something positive may be perceived as misguided from time to time, but he certainly does
not
have a monopoly on occasionally misguided posts in this forum.

Rob is NOT a moderator and does NOT have mod powers like banning, receiving reported posts, etc. He's just trying to contribute something positive. He doesn't always succeed. But I think it sure beats trying to contribute something negative.

You can always ignore him. There's no force of law at work here. But just the fact that a lot of people see ANY kind of attempt to *self-moderate* (different from moderate) as a good thing indicates that they feel something needs to be done.

The other option is to have moderators appointed to this forum, and I think most people would prefer to keep the forum self-moderated.

Rob has the same right to state his opinions here as anyone else does as long as he doesn't violate the terms of use. He can stop posting any time he wants to as well. I don't see how he should have special rights, but I don't see why he shouldn't have the same right to express himself as anyone else who stays within the terms of use.

There are plenty of people here trying to bend the forum to their own agenda. At least he's trying for a more positive agenda than a lot of what goes down here.

And he's NOT a mod. There are plenty of people here who act like mods: They want special treatment, report threads they don't like, violate the terms of use because they feel their terms are better, and so on. Rob is just being more upfront than a lot of others about exercising the premise of a self-moderated forum.

Perhaps you could explain his response in the thread asking if someone can be unbanned.

"Yes it is possible, but I need all the facts.

It is really up to the person banned, if he wants back in all he has to do is to agree not to do, again, whatever it was to get him banned. Unless he has been banned before, under more than one name, etc... then it may get complicated, but still possible.

I am only here to help, I am not a judge, or a mod, but I do have the right means to make things happen, if they are reasonable things. And that includes anything that will improve this forum. To many people getting banned, I think it is sad, but in the end it is up to them, if they want back in.

Have your friend(or you can if it is you) Email me.

fabamp@yahoo.com

Be sure the Email is the same one that was used to sign up here, then the ball can get rolling.

Rock on,

Rob"

FWIW, put me on the this forum would be much better off without him list.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Anderton

>

..and if they would take the initiative too to try and defuse things, that would be absolutely wonderful. I made the point in another thread: This forum isn't supposed to be
unmoderated
, but
self-moderated
. Yet look how many posts in this thread start with something along the lines of "Well people are going to kill me, but I agree that something needs to be done." People are afraid to speak against "cliques." Rob isn't afraid to get trashed in the process of trying to do something positive. His way of doing something positive may be perceived as misguided from time to time, but he certainly does
not
have a monopoly on occasionally misguided posts in this forum.

Rob is NOT a moderator and does NOT have mod powers like banning, receiving reported posts, etc. He's just trying to contribute something positive. He doesn't always succeed. But I think it sure beats trying to contribute something negative.

You can always ignore him. There's no force of law at work here. But just the fact that a lot of people see ANY kind of attempt to *self-moderate* (different from moderate) as a good thing indicates that they feel something needs to be done.

The other option is to have moderators appointed to this forum, and I think most people would prefer to keep the forum self-moderated.

Rob has the same right to state his opinions here as anyone else does as long as he doesn't violate the terms of use. He can stop posting any time he wants to as well. I don't see how he should have special rights, but I don't see why he shouldn't have the same right to express himself as anyone else who stays within the terms of use.

There are plenty of people here trying to bend the forum to their own agenda. At least he's trying for a more positive agenda than a lot of what goes down here.

And he's NOT a mod. There are plenty of people here who act like mods: They want special treatment, report threads they don't like, violate the terms of use because they feel their terms are better, and so on. Rob is just being more upfront than a lot of others about exercising the premise of a self-moderated forum.

Most of what I'm going to say has alreayd been stated before, but perhaps this is a bit more explanitory:

You're forgetting one important thing though: what about those of us who already do make a difference in the background, and don't want or care to seek a nice pat on the back? Those of us who try to--as O'Keefe said and I know I'm horribly butchering it--"use peer pressure to persuade people not to do something". Those of us who silently send an e-mail or PM to a moderator, yet never make a scene about it. Those of us who try to make these forums a better place; not by claiming it's a hellhole in need of a saviour but rather making a difference by--as a wise amp maker who knows who he is--being ourselves and just posting.

Those are the people you want to give recognition to. The seemingly transparent users.

• Members

Originally posted by misle

But instead of enforcing the conditions, the original thread gets deleted.

Do you see how we could have a problem with that?

The original thread did not get deleted, you are truly mixed up.

What I said before is true. It was my idea to do what was done, no matter how it was worded at the time or what you choose to believe now.

And it was my idea to end it when I was needed. You cannot rewrite history, sorry.

Any heat I draw is less heat on the MODs and any members who may just be here for amp talk. I guess I am your target, amoung other things, so fire away but try and stick to the facts and stuff you know to be true. I will answer you in truth and I will try to remain civil, in the midst of your accusations and misinformation.

Don't debate about what goes on behing the scenes here, as you know nothing about it. I have tried to inform those that care to know a bit more, you don't seem to really care about the truth, so far.

Do you really think that the MODs have not read my posts? All the reports have come in, yet I have not one warning stating I may have gone to far, but instead have been promoted to carry on. Again that is the truth, sorry you just can't change it.

Food for thought, and good morning:)

• Members

have you ever thought Rob that the mods might instead of getting less complaints be actually getting more simply because of you?

besides which you still haven't told me how you found out about personal messages between myself and some of the moderators and also decided to quote them on here??

• Moderators

Every time someone reports a thread to the Moderators, it is sent to all of the moderators -- all of them. If there is no specific Mod for any given forum (read: Amps), it is sent the Administrators -- again, to all of them.

That being said, there are some Adminstrators whose specific job duties are: responding to reported posts and threads, containing trouble and dealing with troublemakers, and perusing the entire forum looking for problematic posts and threads. This job is not easy, as it requires a good deal of diplomacy, a deft touch, and a seriously thick skin.

I am one thse admins, and I find I spend a great deal of time here in HCAF as this is one of the most problematic forums on HC.

The point of all the aboive is to reinforce the often typed message THE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN UNMODERATED FORUM ON HC! We have been here since the inception of the site.

The larger point here is this. Comments like "Silly boy, the closest thing to a Mod that reads this forum is me." are false.

• Members

Originally posted by Skunks

The larger point here is this. Comments like "Silly boy, the closest thing to a Mod that reads this forum is me." are false.

Yes that was tongue in cheek, I should avoid that approach. I guess what I meant to say is there is no MOD right now who takes the time to read thru all the smuck here, like I do.

Sorry my bad, and thanks for the input

:thu:

• Members

I'm surprised that the point even needed to be made. Rob's delusions are nothing new to those who have been around a while.

• Members

Originally posted by Fab Amp

Yes that was tongue in cheek, I should avoid that approach. I guess what I meant to say is there is no MOD right now who takes the time to read thru all the smuck here, like I do.

Dur dur dur....:freak:

Fab, you need to self-moderate yourself before you go off on any big adventures to save the forum.

Once you show us you can do that, you'll gain a lot more respect.

• Members

Originally posted by Bob Savage

I'm surprised that the point even needed to be made. Rob's delusions are nothing new to those who have been around a while.

So my humor maybe bad on that one.

Well you don't have to like it but it is sad you turn it into something that it is not.

• Members

I get the feeling that the mods in generel have a hatred for the amp forum. Something was said towards some of you and you hold a grudge, after hearing this saying before "HCAF IS ONE OF THE MOST PROBLEMATIC FORUMS ON HC" i don't get it. Have you ever been to OPEN JAM? This forum and the EG forum are the only two i have interest in because i like guitars and amps. Aren't the majority of the moderators musicians? They interact on other boards with everone else why not here? Being a self moderated forum is great but maybe instead of showing up only to diffuse a problem or talk down to the forum itself some of the moderaters should come in and SHOOT THE {censored} "as we say it around here" every now and then. ???????

• Members

Originally posted by -=MYK=-

Fab, you need to self-moderate yourself before you go off on any big adventures to save the forum.

Once you show us you can do that, you'll gain a lot more respect.

I take input from anyone I respect.

I love you Mikey:wave: but you are hardly someone I would look to as a model for my actions.

Have fun though, that is cool but I have work to do now, sorry.

• Members

Originally posted by Bob Savage

O.K., see you in a couple minutes.

try not to stumble over the sidestepped issues when you do come back

your place must be full of them by now

edit: meant to be directed towards Fab and not Bob, because we all know Bob doesn't have issues. Bob is perfect. Bob is Bob. Bob.

• Members

Bull{censored}. You were lying and got busted. You're compounding that lie, with more lies. You were relegated to your one tech thread, because you were claiming moderator powers before too. Very few people here like you Rob. Give up the crazy pretenses, the power trips and just stick to regular posting.

• Members

Just as most of us suspected.....Rob is full of crap and is going on a serious power trip.

As for moderation, at this point, I'd rather see the Gestapo mod this place than Fab have any influence or authority....for obvious reasons.

• Members

while( delusional )

{

makeLoonyStatements();

if( busted )

backpeddle();

}

• Members

Originally posted by ranalli

Just as most of us suspected.....Rob is full of crap and is going on a serious power trip.

As for moderation, at this point, I'd rather see the Gestapo mod this place than Fab have any influence or authority....for obvious reasons.

+1

• Members

Originally posted by ranalli

Yup

• Members

The original thread did not get deleted, you are truly mixed up.

Please provide a link to the original thread.

Just to be clear, this is the thread in which James Peters took it upon himself to vouch for you. And one of the moderators laid out the rules regarding your return (might have been O'Keefe or Anderson).

OK, thanks.

Archived