Nevermore/Jeff Loomis (best ever) deserves more credit

Wizard7

• Members
Originally posted by Wizard7

I think he's much better than Yngwie, Gilbert and those other shredheads, in that, he can write songs and riffs, not just masturbate over the fretboard. Hes really in a league of his own as far as I'm concerned.

:mad:

LMAO!!!!!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Megadeth7684

Yngwie and Gilbert could not touch Loomis's rhythm playing.

Originally posted by Megadeth7684

+1

Guys like Yngwie and Vai couldn't write an interesting riff to save their lives.

Please remember the all important IMO Mark:idea:

BTW, Both of these statements are kinda silly, with or without the IMO but Ill let ya slide becuase youre young and Ok by me!!!:thu:

• Members

They got pulled from a warped tour a few years ago...Because their record label would not pay a fee (around 5 grand)

They are not big because they are not 20 years old with short hair and tattoes.

I am glad everyone is downloading because record companies have ruined music. At least in the 70's pop music was cool. Now its a joke.

Poor Nevermore. At least the get respect from all metal genres.

• Members

I think he can shred every bit as good as the top guys. Including Yngwie. I love Yngwie and I was into all of the Shrapnel boys and he really can keep up.

I just purchased Yngwies pedal and pup so I am official fanboy. :-)

Loomis, has more dimentions and actually is more fancy. Loomis does more tricks. Plus can play 7 string solos.

Ryth is obvious...Loomis wins.

Loomis really is a better player than Yngwie because he evolved. And did not become a parody or a broken record.

This is all my opinions...reapeat...all my opinion. But I pretty much bet a lot of people who scoff at the shredder ref have not listened to Loomis in depth.

• Members
Originally posted by thefyn

I think he can shred every bit as good as the top guys. Including Yngwie. I love Yngwie and I was into all of the Shrapnel boys and he really can keep up.

I just purchased Yngwies pedal and pup so I am official fanboy. :-)

Loomis, has more dimentions and actually is more fancy. Loomis does more tricks. Plus can play 7 string solos.

Ryth is obvious...Loomis wins.

Loomis really is a better player than Yngwie because he evolved. And did not become a parody or a broken record.

This is all my opinions...reapeat...all my opinion. But I pretty much bet a lot of people who scoff at the shredder ref have not listened to Loomis in depth.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

• Members

I {censored}ing love nevermore. Theyre one of my favorite of the current straightahead metal bands out there.

Loomis smokes, theres no doubt about it. Theres no point in trying to compare him to vai and yngwie, just as there is no point comparing ynqwie and gilbert. All those guys play to a very high standard and devolped their own style.

These days its rare to see a band with any consistency in putting out a quality product. Theyve put out some wicked albums in the past and This Godless Endevour just went to show that theyre not done yet.

I dont really care who could 'smoke' who, but im certainly eagerly awaiting the next album

James

• Members

Some of you kill me!!

Did you guys ever stop to think that Loomis would not play the way he does had it not been for Yngwie paving the way and showing people that certain licks could actually be done on guitar?

You guys crack me up especially since if you ask Loomis who his influences are you would definitely find yngwie and other shrapnell guys as his influence.... which means... he would not play the way he does had it not been for them

• Members

Originally posted by thefyn

They got pulled from a warped tour a few years ago...Because their record label would not pay a fee (around 5 grand)

They are not big because they are not 20 years old with short hair and tattoes.

I am glad everyone is downloading because record companies have ruined music. At least in the 70's pop music was cool. Now its a joke.

Poor Nevermore. At least the get respect from all metal genres.

I hope you know that without record companies funding tours, recording budgets, and merch all of our precious bands would be nothing. I hate record companies just as much as the next person, but they are a necessary evil. Without them band would not be able to do this on their own, the only bands that would survive without support would be the self-supporting enterprises. You know, Metallica, Kiss, Aerosmith and the like. Music will end up being random songs released by hobby players with garage-quality recordings ... is that really what we want?!

and btw, Yngwie can't write a heavy riff ... and I listen to music for the riffs first and foremost, not because of some wanker noodling forever. Jeff writes some massive riffs.

Loomis > Malmsteen

• Members

Originally posted by gainfreak

Some of you kill me!!

Did you guys ever stop to think that Loomis would not play the way he does had it not been for Yngwie paving the way and showing people that certain licks could actually be done on guitar?

You guys crack me up especially since if you ask Loomis who his influences are you would definitely find yngwie and other shrapnell guys as his influence.... which means... he would not play the way he does had it not been for them

So what? The student can surpass the teacher. Yngwie is extremely repetititve in what he does. He started doing it maybe, but that's it, that doesn't make him the best at it.

Does that mean that the guy who invented the first guitar ever is better than everyone else, because he showed everyone what sounds can be made on that instrument?

• Members

I think Loomis is probably the best metal player in the genre right now. I really enjoy listening to Nevermore (not just Loomis, but he's an integral part). However, I believe Alexi Laiho is on the same level. I really enjoy Alexi's stuff and I find it really incredible that he does it while also playing the role of front man/singer (I hate to call it singing).

• Members

Originally posted by Wizard7

So what? The student can surpass the teacher. Yngwie is extremely repetititve in what he does. He started doing it maybe, but that's it, that doesn't make him the best at it.

Does that mean that the guy who invented the first guitar ever is better than everyone else, because he showed everyone what sounds can be made on that instrument?

So what? It just means that if Yngwie was never around your boy woul dnot be playing the way he does so to say that Yngwie blows (as some of you think) Is stupid. I think some people need to acknowledge this.

BTW... there is no better or best. There is only what speaks to you as a player.

• Members

Originally posted by gainfreak

So what? It just means that if Yngwie was never around your boy woul dnot be playing the way he does so to say that Yngwie blows (as some of you think) Is stupid. I think some people need to acknowledge this.

BTW... there is no better or best. There is only what speaks to you as a player.

I dont think he blows, but I think he's extremely one-dimensional.

• Members

I bet Yngwie influenced his LEAD playing, but I seriously doubt he had any influence on him when it came to riffs. It wasn't like he was listening to Heaven Tonight or Deja Vu and was all "man those are some heavy bad-ass riffs, I better go and become a good riff-writer."

Archived