CLIP - A colab between Warren (blackstratblues) and myself

Randy Van Sykes

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"We're not woooorthy! We're not wooooooorthyyyyyy!"

Seriously.. just amazing. If you guys put out a CD, I'd buy it. Some of the best composing and soulful playing I've heard. I've always loved Warren's playing, and never realized you were such an amazing composer (never took the time to listen). Show me more!:thu:

• Members
Originally posted by amiller

----------------------

I just got a chance to listen to this clip. Yeah man, this is good stuff. Definitely something that I'll burn to CD and listen to from time to time. As usual, great job...makes me want to hear more!
:thu::D:thu:

Thanks for listening Al...I'm finishing a disc now and Warren will be playing on some/alot of it...and he actually has a CD in the bag already (of his own) but hasn't done anything with it yet...it's really good stuff too. :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by rememberduane

"We're not woooorthy! We're not wooooooorthyyyyyy!"

Seriously.. just amazing. If you guys put out a CD, I'd buy it. Some of the best composing and soulful playing I've heard. I've always loved Warren's playing, and never realized you were such an amazing composer (never took the time to listen). Show me more!
:thu:

Thanks! Hopefully we'll colab on more material soon.

• Members
Originally posted by Digital Jams

Conference call
:mad:

Marked, two of my favorite players and writers
:)

Oh, man~! I'm glad this was bumped again so I can hear it. I'm about half way through it now and am loving it! The accoustic, electric slide/lead playing and rythm tone all sound great as well as do the other instruments -- all mixed really, really well, IMO. :cool:

• Members
Originally posted by blackstratblues

Wow, thank you guys for all the kind words - all credit to this one to Adam though. His writing is very inspiring!
:D

Adam - just checked out the final mix - sounds great!

Ah; I've heard a clip or two of yours around when I first joined the forum. This was one hell of a great collab. :cool:

• Members

I also really like the jams Warren did with this guy names Ricker (a great player from the Karoo, a semi-desert region of South Africa). They did an amazing 80s jam and one called "Ricker and Blackstratblues (Shiva and JCM800)" simply amazing stuff.....Don't get me wrong Randy this jam was great too:D

• Members

Wow, thank you guys for all the kind words - all credit to this one to Adam though. His writing is very inspiring!

Thanks Warren...but take your credit like a man! :D

Adam - just checked out the final mix - sounds great!

Great! I'm glad you're OK with it.

• Members
Originally posted by rushtallica

Oh, man~! I'm glad this was bumped again so I can hear it. I'm about half way through it now and am loving it! The accoustic, electric slide/lead playing and rythm tone all sound great as well as do the other instruments -- all mixed really, really well, IMO.
:cool:

Thanks alot...there started to be so much going on after a while in this song...that the mix was starting to get out of control on me. ;)

• Members
Originally posted by Randy Van Sykes

Thanks alot...there started to be so much going on after a while in this song...that the mix was starting to get out of control on me.
;)

You did a great job of reeling it all in and keeping it flowing with a very natural feel to it. This is one of the best clips I'd heard on the net. :cool:

• Members
Originally posted by Hell Bites

I also really like the jams Warren did with this guy names Ricker (a great player from the Karoo, a semi-desert region of South Africa). They did an amazing 80s jam and one called "Ricker and Blackstratblues (Shiva and JCM800)" simply amazing stuff.....Don't get me wrong Randy this jam was great too:D

I think I remember that one.

• Members

Wow... That is some of the best instrumental stuff I've listened too... Adam and Warren, two of my all time favs! Thank you for the great inspiration guys!

This summer was crazy for me, that is why I haven't posted anything for a long time. Now I would love to jam with you, just drop me a line! :p

• Members
Originally posted by Myron Stratis

Wow... That is some of the best instrumental stuff I've listened too... Adam and Warren, two of my all time favs! Thank you for the great inspiration guys!

Thanks alot Myron...coming from you it is a very huge compliment brother! ;)

Originally posted by Myron Stratis

This summer was crazy for me, that is why I haven't posted anything for a long time. Now I would love to jam with you, just drop me a line!
:p

I look forward to that. :)

Archived