VIDEO of my band, playing my first show with my VHT UL

guitarist17

• Members

just hard rocking metal song my other guitar player wrote. the tone is pretty damn awesome i think. it is a markIV and a VHT UL, im on the left. the lead tone is pretty good i think, has alittle chorus, me wankin on the pentatonic, which i really dont ever do. im more of a shred guy, but this song called for that zakk wylde feel, tell me what you think!! i really like the bridge where the double bass kicks in, pretty cool. hope this link works!

http://www.wearecarnevil.com/Reality.asx

• Members

thanks gitfiddler, i was trying to save people the trouble :D

panic machine and reality sound freakin great, some of the best tone ive ever had. this wasnt actually my first time using the UL in a live setting, i think it was 3-4 weeks ago actually, but this is the most recent videos of us playing live.

go to www.wearecarnevil.com and go to media, and stop the music that is playing on the left, and start one of the top 2 videos :D you will see the glow of the famous VHT emerald green power switch on the left :D

Chris

• Members

For some reason my player's pausing a lot, but I put it on manual pause for a moment and it played fine for several seconds.

The vocals are about right in the mix, with the drums close. The guitars and bass are way down, but from what I could hear it sounds great -- I'm assuming you are the guy on the right playing the fast rythm notes; that was the amp I could hear. It sounds like a great amp for low chug and harmonic bends. :cool:

• Members
Originally posted by rushtallica

For some reason my player's pausing a lot, but I put it on manual pause for a moment and it played fine for several seconds.

The vocals are about right in the mix, with the drums close. The guitars and bass are way down, but from what I could hear it sounds great -- I'm assuming you are the guy on the right playing the fast rythm notes; that was the amp I could hear. It sounds like a great amp for low chug and harmonic bends.
:cool:

you really can hear the guitar on the right better? i thought for sure i was more prevalent in the mix...hmmmm :confused:

• Members

Chris...

You guys interested in doing a State Theater show in St. Pete?

Maybe we could get on the same bill....but doesn't have to be.

BTW...I can't seem to get to the video yet...but you guys SOUND awesome so far. I have high expectations since I know what you can do!...:thu:

• Members
Originally posted by 17 Tubes

Chris...

You guys interested in doing a State Theater show in St. Pete?

Maybe we could get on the same bill....but doesn't have to be.

BTW...I can't seem to get to the video yet...but you guys SOUND awesome so far. I have high expectations since I know what you can do!...
:thu:

yea dude!! ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS up for doing shows! let me know whats up, send me a PM or something :D

• Members
Originally posted by Gitfiddler

guitarist17 is a killer player folks. i like his band and dimebag11's band

guitarist: i couldn't get out to see you guys in jax last weekend. i wanted to hear that vht in person

haha you are too kind sir ;) this video isnt anything special solo wise. i just think it really captures the VHT tone, especially on the little breakdown with the double bass thingy. i just added some chorus, and brought the volume up alittle, i dig it :D

• Members

Oh; I'll have to hear that third song you mentioned to hear your amp better.

I haven't had any luck getting anything but the link posted by Megadeth Man to work (thanks for the link Mega). I'll try again in a while, but I like the style and amp sounds that I could hear. :cool:

• Members
Originally posted by guitarist17

hey man, thanks for an honest input, im just curious what you dont like, and what you would like to see changed? thanks
:D

Could be that in the vids...the vocals are way up top. Seems alomst twice as loud...though I haven't put it thru any program just yet.

Love the music tho!

• Members

I haven't had any luck getting anything but the link posted by Megadeth Man to work (thanks for the link Mega). I'll try again in a while, but I like the style and amp sounds that I could hear.
:cool:

The site seems lina weird. Things aren;tloading...there's some weird overlays and unoaded sections.

When I clicked on the video...I got both video and the deafault music in the background. When I hit "x" (stop loading) everything stopped...and clicked on the video ">" (play) then I got just the vid.

Looks like a feature-rich website that needs a little tweaking for mass use.

• Members
Originally posted by adiohead

i couldn't stop cringing at the out of time drumming on that bit
:cry:

you know its funny you bring that up, cuz my drummer is seriously never out of time. and i dont remember him being out of time at the show, might have been an audio glitch, i dunno, but hes seriously never out of time, ESPECIALLY with the double bass

Archived