Epi Valve Junior Army

jfaaz

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

anyone tried the bitmo trio mods? and is the transformer swap the thing that improves the tone the most?

also, i think my uncle has a stash of NOS tubes... how well would that improve the tone, d'you think- is it the stock tubes which are dodgy as well?

oh, and I guess I'm in too, I have the head, bought it about 2 months ago.

:thu:

• Members
Originally posted by Dave_Mc_2

anyone tried the bitmo trio mods? and is the transformer swap the thing that improves the tone the most?

also, i think my uncle has a stash of NOS tubes... how well would that improve the tone, d'you think- is it the stock tubes which are dodgy as well?

oh, and I guess I'm in too, I have the head, bought it about 2 months ago.

:thu:

Can't comment on the bitmo, but the transformer does make a huge difference. It's way more rich sounding.

I've been using a TAD el-84 and Tung-sol 12ax7. I bet NOS would sound even better. But the tube's probably cost more than the amp. (If you were going to buy them)

• Members
Originally posted by ducky_x

Can't comment on the bitmo, but the transformer does make a huge difference. It's way more rich sounding.

I've been using a TAD el-84 and Tung-sol 12ax7. I bet NOS would sound even better. But the tube's probably cost more than the amp. (If you were going to buy them)

yeah, I'd get those NOS ones for free, though. :D Thanks for the reply! :thu:

Originally posted by MR MARCUS

I did the BitMo gain voicing switch and the duo control. The switch made a huge difference in gain. I am trying to find the Hammond OT. Did a Google search and came up with a bunch of crap.

I'm not too worried about the gain, it's the improvement in tone I'm worried about- how much did it improve it? :thu:

anyone tried the trio mod, you know the one that (supposedly) makes it sound like a vox, fender or marshall (big claims, I guess the proof of the pudding is in the eating...)

• Members
Originally posted by metale

Am I?

Who was supposed to have informed me?? I need some intel people, I'm a captain, I need to know the stuff!
:rolleyes:

Captain Metale

You are now in charge of promotions to everyone joining after you and beneath the rank of 1st Lt.

• Members

Originally posted by mfergel

Thinking of joining the army....question.....anyone run a modeler through theirs, specifically a Tonelab or a V-Amp?

I haven't heard it myself, but have read that it sounds very good.

Just turn off the speaker emulations.

• Members

the Epi Valve Jr Army!!

Their weapon of choice: BAD TONE!!!

Their area of expertise: POLISHING TURDS!!!

SOUND OFF!!!

HOW MUCH MONEY CAN WE DUMP INTO A CRAPPY AMP ?!?!?!?!

HUNDREDS SIR!!!!!!!!

HOW DOES IT SOUND AFTERWARDS?!!?!?!?!

STILL LIKE {censored} SIR!!!!!!!

at ease soldiers

• Members
Originally posted by RoboPimp

what would you know about sound? You must be deaf if you think the VJ sounds good.

:rolleyes: And what would you know about me? You don't know me. Does it really bother you what I think that sounds good?

Have you even tried a VJ? Owned it or just played it 2 minutes on a store?

Feel free to spend $$$$$$XPTO$$$$$$ on any amp you like, that's fine by me.

Archived