Help me narrow down my research paper topic!

guitardude24

• Members

The obvious answer that springs to mind would be a compare/contrast type essay where you analyse multiple perspectives on the debate.

Such as... examine the arguments that say the current global warming situation is a natural phenomenon, that global temperatures have risen and fallen throughout history and this is no exception. Then examine the arguments that say the specific causes of this global warming are man-made.

Or if you don't like compare/contrast, then do an examination of what the world will look like 100 years from now, citing scientific research into things like weather patterns, ocean currents, sea levels, agriculture, etc.

• Members

Originally posted by trailsofsin

The obvious answer that springs to mind would be a compare/contrast type essay where you analyse multiple perspectives on the debate.

Such as... examine the arguments that say the current global warming situation is a natural phenomenon, that global temperatures have risen and fallen throughout history and this is no exception. Then examine the arguments that say the specific causes of this global warming are man-made.

Or if you don't like compare/contrast, then do an examination of what the world will look like 100 years from now, citing scientific research into things like weather patterns, ocean currents, sea levels, agriculture, etc.

+1 Compare and contrast essays focusing on several perspectives....Analyze the Contradictions that exist between the various perspectives.

Edit: Also depends how long the paper has to be.

• Members

So then do the research into its existence or lack thereof and come to a conclusion. You still need to understand both sides of an "argument" to draw some kind of conclusion. To make an argument without addressing potential or existing criticisms leads to a poor argument.

Actually, if I were you, I'd research alternative energy sources being presented that are non-fossil fuel based and make a determination as to which option is the most sustainable and economically feasible and take a stance as to what research should be funded strongly and what should be discarded as not practical.

Archived