Ebay retaliatory negative feedbak #3

bluesboy

• Members

So i used a best offer on a BBE boosta grande pedal, i paid instantly with paypal, this is on Oct 31 in the morning. A few days go by, and i email asking if he recieved my payment and for tracking. a few more days go by, still no contact. I email again... nothing. Ok. so at the beginngin of last week, I think tuesday morning (hes had my money over a week now) I email saying im worried that im not going to receive the item. FINALLY after three tries he writes back saying "you'll have it this week" and that's all he says, nothing else. So, today is wednesday of the NEXT week, I still dont have the item or a valid tracking number. I file a claim with paypal and leave negative feedback. He then leaves negative for me, even though i paid immediately. After all this goes on, he finally sends me a tracking number. He dropped it off sometime last night (so much for getting it last week!!!!!) and ill get it friday.

he made an offer to mutually withdraw the negative, but oyu know what? {censored} him.... he deserves it and i dont. OK, rant over

EDIT: yeah, this is the third bull{censored} negative I have.... ebay need sto change theri feedback system so people dont get {censored}ed who dont deserve it

• Members

Yeah, I also hate it when as a buyer, you pay right away, yet your feedback is "held" until you leave a positive for the seller. How was the sellers feedback to begin with?

Whenever I "buy it now", I always send an email to the seller first stating I won the auction and to confirm payment details before sending anything. Seems to be working so far, but then again, I could just be lucky too, so who knows.

• Members

he had a 99% rating, but like 3000 or so (i dont remember exactly) feedbacks which = alot of negatives. Most negatives and neutrals were about slow shipping and poor communication, and many mutually withdrawn feedbacks. This means he waits until the buyer leaves feedback, and he leaves based on what you left regardless of how fast the buyer pays. It's {censored}ty, but it lets him (and otehr {censored}ty sellers) get away with nonsense that they shouldn't be able to pull

• Members

Originally posted by Stephen Colbert

Same crap happened to me. We finally both decided to mutually withdraw our feedback replies.

What a damn headache.

Sucks that {censored} still happens. Some people are soooo damn lazy. Thats all it really boils down to.

yeah, but i feel he deserves to have that negative, so ill let my rating suffer a little for it. Everyone who reads my feedback will know its BS anyways

• Members

Originally posted by Sparkytfl

Check out how this guy replied to my neutral. Makes himself look worse than what I said. I'm glad he'd already left positive so his "buyer needs a chill pill" stuff was just tacked onto my positive.

wow, cursing in feedback... he just validated in front of the whole ebay community that he does indeed use profanity just as your feedback states LOL what an ass

• Members

Here is a situation I had with some douchbag.

I had a guy win my auction with a last second snipe. I sent invoice and he responded he would pay in a few days. A week goes by and I send him a message asking if he is going to pay. He says no and offers to refund my fees. I said I'll file a non-paying bidder report with ebay. He didn't respond. ebay found in my favor because he didn't respond and gave me my final value fees back. I then left him negative feedback saying that he didn't pay. It was rude, just the facts. He then turns around and left me a negative, however, ebay removed it without me having to ask.

I sent the guy a message calling him out on his BS attempt to leave me negative. He actually apologized. He said that he was just playing the ebay game. I felt that just because he offered a refund, doesn't absolve him of f'ing me up and wasting my time. I resold it for about $10 less than the guy he outbid - so I lost time and money.

• Members
Originally posted by mhenson42

Here is a situation I had with some douchbag.

I had a guy win my auction with a last second snipe. I sent invoice and he responded he would pay in a few days. A week goes by and I send him a message asking if he is going to pay. He says no and offers to refund my fees. I said I'll file a non-paying bidder report with ebay. He didn't respond. ebay found in my favor because he didn't respond and gave me my final value fees back. I then left him negative feedback saying that he didn't pay. It was rude, just the facts. He then turns around and left me a negative, however, ebay removed it without me having to ask.

I sent the guy a message calling him out on his BS attempt to leave me negative. He actually apologized. He said that he was just playing the ebay game. I felt that just because he offered a refund, doesn't absolve him of f'ing me up and wasting my time. I resold it for about $10 less than the guy he outbid - so I lost time and money.

this however involoved a nonpaying bidder... I read through ebay's guidelines for when they will remove feedback, and it seems as though they dont really care as long as it it's not obscene or defamatory. They say if they had to check all feedback for accuracy, they would then have to be responsible for everything posted on their site, which in my book i think they should be?!? i dunno... in otehr words if some leaves a retailatory negative, either mutually withdraw or live with it :freak:

• Members
Originally posted by bluesboy

So i used a best offer on a BBE boosta grande pedal, i paid instantly with paypal, this is on Oct 31 in the morning. A few days go by, and i email asking if he recieved my payment and for tracking. a few more days go by, still no contact. I email again... nothing. Ok. so at the beginngin of last week, I think tuesday morning (hes had my money over a week now) I email saying im worried that im not going to receive the item. FINALLY after three tries he writes back saying "you'll have it this week" and that's all he says, nothing else. So, today is wednesday of the NEXT week, I still dont have the item or a valid tracking number. I file a claim with paypal and leave negative feedback. He then leaves negative for me, even though i paid immediately. After all this goes on, he finally sends me a tracking number. He dropped it off sometime last night (so much for getting it last week!!!!!) and ill get it friday.

he made an offer to mutually withdraw the negative, but oyu know what? {censored} him.... he deserves it and i dont. OK, rant over

EDIT: yeah, this is the third bull{censored} negative I have.... ebay need sto change theri feedback system so people dont get {censored}ed who dont deserve it

Ebay blows ..... they don't put any effort into looking into details to protect their customers even though they are making Billions of dollars..... :o

• Members

Honestly, I've bought and sold a TON of stuff on ebay since way back in the 90s and have had very few 'revenge' netagives.

One thing I absolutely do not understand about sellers leaving feedback for buyers is if you win an auction where you have to pay immediately with paypal, why isn't there automatic feedback left in your name?

There's ZERO reason not to.

• Members

I have 2 negatives and they're both from disgruntled sellers who tried to {censored} me over. I ALWAYS pay immediately after the auction closes. It's bull{censored}, but I honestly don't give a {censored}. I mostly buy on eBay, plus if anyone looks at my feedback they'll see that both the negatives are retaliations and not legit whatsoever.

• Members

I sympathize, but as far as eBay reality, 2 weeks is not that long for a transaction to go on. You can't even file a greivance with eBay until 90 days have gone by. If you're bothered about having retaliatory negatives, you should be REALLY sure that the other guy is genuinely screwing you over and not just being a lazy-ass before you leave negatives.

• Members

I know two weeks ins't really a huge amount of time... that's not really the point. I wouldn't care if a person took a month to ship something, AS LONG AS THEY ARE UP FRONT AND HONEST ABOUT IT! I understand life gets busy, im a busy guy myself. I emailed this guy three times and only got a response when I expressed worry about receiveing the item, especially since i got a killer deal. And of course he lied and said he shipped it and I would receive it last week, which of course was bull{censored}. If he had contacted me and told straight there would be a delay in shipping, and would forward tracking info, there wouldn't be a problem. that's not the path he chose....

• Members

Originally posted by mhenson42

I felt that just because he offered a refund, doesn't absolve him of f'ing me up and wasting my time.

Hey that's exactly what I said to the one guy. His title, picture, and description all said the wrong thing, so I told him I expected my return shipping refunded too since he's the one who screwed up and wasted my time. Maybe I was too assertive by saying that, but that's no reason why he should've then started calling me a {censored}head, prick, asshole, {censored}nut... So I told him I never insulted him, and the listing mistake I was willing to forgive, but not his language.

Oh and I loved his "by the way, the QSR is a piece of {censored} anyway" email.

• Members

Im really getting pissed off with sellers not leaving feedback after a payment is made. When I send a payment on something I bought my end of the agreement has been upheld and the seller should leave feedback. I refuse to leave feedback first when I am the buyer. I have two items that I bought that I am still waiting on feedback a month later... will I leave them feedback before they leave theres? Nope.

• Members

Originally posted by trey85stang

Im really getting pissed off with sellers not leaving feedback after a payment is made. When I send a payment on something I bought my end of the agreement has been upheld and the seller should leave feedback. I refuse to leave feedback first when I am the buyer. I have two items that I bought that I am still waiting on feedback a month later... will I leave them feedback before they leave theres? Nope.

I wait untill the buyer recieves the item and is happy with it first. My friend got burned on that once. He sold something with "no returns" clearly stated in the listing and the buyer decided he didn't want it a few days after he recieved it and threatend negative feedback if he didn't allow for a full refund. Since my friend already left positive feedback, he had no leverage in the situation.

• Members
Originally posted by SCLlama

I wait untill the buyer recieves the item and is happy with it first. My friend got burned on that once. He sold something with "no returns" clearly stated in the listing and the buyer decided he didn't want it a few days after he recieved it and threatend negative feedback if he didn't allow for a full refund. Since my friend already left positive feedback, he had no leverage in the situation.

Makes sense... I dont sell on ebay only buy. If I am going to sell it put it up on craigs list.

• Members

Originally posted by metalpoida

Cant you get ebay to remove the negative?

no... not unless its obscene or defamatory, or includes my name and address. Or you can mutually withdraw, which the seller wants but i dont really. Otherwise, ebay could care less.

Archived